2014-15 Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trade

To Pakenham: Pick 31

To Geelong: Martin Gleeson

Gleeson signed to a 5 year contract @ $134k
Minimum contract for 5 years is $242K I believe. ;)

Gold Coast receive Tom Lynch + David Armitage + Pick 34
for
Dragon Island receive Tom Boyd + Pick 45?

Armitage: $391k (2 yrs)
Lynch: $250k (5yrs)

Confirmed by Gold Coast

*If the 5yr minimum salary applies to trades Lynch will be on $268k (5yrs) instead
Confirm Boyd 250k 2y

Hey lads and Russian. I've had a death pretty close to home, I haven't just been ignoring everyone. It would be much appreciated Russian if you could give me until Saturday to respond to bids on my players etc.. Sorry for any inconveniences guys.

No worries mate. Sorry about your loss. Look after yourself bud.

Gold Coast make the following active bids:
Trent McKenzie $268k, 5yrs. 3rd round
Brandon Matera $268k, 5yrs, 2nd round
Minimum opposition bid is 291
Gold Coast apply to delist Scott Gumbleton at 50% for retiring due to injury

Unless he's deemed to have walked away from the game and eligible for the contract to be just torn up.
Both denied: Gumbleton said his battles with his body were not the reason he decided to give the game away. “It was basically that I had eight good years playing footy and I found out that it wasn’t working for me, so I’ve decided to move on with my life and try something new,” he said. - falls into the Schammer/Moran bucket

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey lads and Russian. I've had a death pretty close to home, I haven't just been ignoring everyone. It would be much appreciated Russian if you could give me until Saturday to respond to bids on my players etc.. Sorry for any inconveniences guys.
Steven May bid extended by 2 days and Danoz gets his activation back

Any bids placed on Mozzies players in the next 12 hours will last for 4 days

Steven May bid extended by 2 days and Danoz gets his activation back

Any bids placed on Mozzies players in the next 12 hours will last for 4 days
So I'm still leading the bid, but get my activation anyway?

Also, has the Spencer White trade gone through yet? I want to use my rd 3 pick but don't want it to be invalid.

Haha, I've been playing this for years and still don't understand all the rules :$

Gold Coast make the following active bids:
Trent McKenzie $291k, 5yrs. 3rd round
Brandon Matera $291k, 5yrs, 2nd round

I really have no idea about the delisting rules at all.
He's been injured all through his career, changed clubs and then was injured all season again, so he gave it away.
If he didn't give it away because of his injuries the statement you've quoted indicates he's walked away from the game.
Maybe I'm just not up to speed the Schammer/Moran bucket.
But despite what Gumby's statement says, I'd bet everything I own that he wouldn't have retired if he'd been injury free last season.

Apologies if it sounds like I'm complaining. That's not my intention. it's just that I really don't have any understanding of this rule at all :) lol

Trade

Hornets (knobby) receive Brad Ebert, Aaron Mullett and pick 40
DI Sharks receive Scott Thompson (Adel) $450k/1, Jarrod Lyons $223k/3 and pick 37

Knobby to confirm.

Russian if my 3 years for Lyons is not right, I’ll confirm as 2 years.

Looks OK to me Danoz

Confirm Ebert $662k, 3yrs, Mullett $173k 2 years

I really have no idea about the delisting rules at all.
He's been injured all through his career, changed clubs and then was injured all season again, so he gave it away.
If he didn't give it away because of his injuries the statement you've quoted indicates he's walked away from the game.
Maybe I'm just not up to speed the Schammer/Moran bucket.
But despite what Gumby's statement says, I'd bet everything I own that he wouldn't have retired if he'd been injury free last season.

Apologies if it sounds like I'm complaining. That's not my intention. it's just that I really don't have any understanding of this rule at all :) lol
Schammer/Moran bucket is walking away because an AFL career isn't working and there's a reasonable chance of being delisted anyway. That last bit impacts on the injury ruling as well, which is subjective but intended to cover for things that couldn't reasonably be foreseen when the contract was done.

So I'm still leading the bid, but get my activation anyway?

Also, has the Spencer White trade gone through yet? I want to use my rd 3 pick but don't want it to be invalid.
All trades have gone through except the Gleeson one, mine which hasn't been confirmed, and the last one which I haven't checked yet

Last edited:
Trade

Hornets (knobby) receive Brad Ebert, Aaron Mullett and pick 40
DI Sharks receive Scott Thompson (Adel) $450k/1, Jarrod Lyons $223k/3 and pick 37

Knobby to confirm.

Russian if my 3 years for Lyons is not right, I’ll confirm as 2 years.
Russian can you confirm something for me, Scott Thompson's contract is $450k/1 am I right that you can split the contract up after a trade? So Could I do it as $230k/2? As the contract value is higher by $10k?

Russian can you confirm something for me, Scott Thompson's contract is $450k/1 am I right that you can split the contract up after a trade? So Could I do it as $230k/2? As the contract value is higher by $10k?
No. Any player you have brought in, go to the first page. For contracted players look at the rectangle box things and find your player. Available contracts are there. In S.Thompson's case (from Hornets, not Geelong):
S.Thompson: 1 year-$450K, 2 years - $542K, 3 years - $716K, 4 years - $932K, 5 years - $1184K

Trading in contracted players is different to bidding on uncontracted players.

No. Any player you have brought in, go to the first page. For contracted players look at the rectangle box things and find your player. Available contracts are there. In S.Thompson's case (from Hornets, not Geelong):
S.Thompson: 1 year-$450K, 2 years - $542K, 3 years - $716K, 4 years - $932K, 5 years - $1184K

Trading in contracted players is different to bidding on uncontracted players.
yep, that's what I thought. Ok cool. So the guys you are bringing in at low contract value for extended years are uncontracted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back