2014-15 Off Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure exactly what that thing about unlimited means, but considering it was written in 2010 a few weeks before I posted this:
Just to clarify a few things about the next fortnight

1. Still no trading
2. Bids are now open for anyone (including Launceston) on any uncontracted player (except Collingwood players who you can bid on from 8:30 Sunday night)
3. All bids are inactive by default. Clubs can only activate bids on their own players for this period, and are limited to two.
4. Where a club does not activate bidding on their player, the active bid will be the leading bid from an opponent (matched or unmatched) at 8:30 on October 15. If this means you have more than 2 active bids that's fine, but you can't have any more until all but one of them are resolved.
5. These bids count against your limit of 3 per opposition player.
6. As I said in the post above, Wagga have the same rules as the current club for their 16 nominated players. If they match, the current club has to beat them and vice versa.
7. As soon as a bid exceeds the contract for one of the special rules, that rule is unavailable for that player.
8. All bids are final. No editing posts
Point 5 says it doesn't mean the 3 per player thing.

I think it must be referring to the second sentence in point 4, so I'll change post 1 so I copy the right thing next year.

The above post has me more confused than ever now and I'm not sure exactly what it is saying.

I always thought it was unlimited bids until the trade period opens, at which point you only have 3 bids per player? There definitely was a limit of three bids per opposition player at some point.

Unlimited number of players you can bid on, but all players a maximum of 3 bids, is the way I've always played it
Same here, but with only two "activated" bids allowed once trade period opens (ie. starting the bidding on an opposition player)

Unlimited number of players you can bid on, but all players a maximum of 3 bids, is the way I've always played it

Yep, that's got to be what's meant by unlimited bids.

Same here, but with only two "activated" bids allowed once trade period opens (ie. starting the bidding on an opposition player)

So if I start a bid on 4 different players and then the trade period opens, how's that work? Do 2 become active and the other 2 not active?

I think I answered my own question...;)

Don't all become active and you can't start any new bids until you're down to 1, or none?
Yup you just roll with however many active bids you have at that point and can't have another "active" bid until you are down to one remaining, ie have a spare activated bid free.

Jed Bews - 1 year @ $134k
Josh Walker - 1 year @ $134k

Sam Docherty - 5 years @ $295k, Round 1
Matthew Jaensch - 2 years @ $275k, Round 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R1PSD Alex Rance 480k @5 years
R2PSD Eddie Betts 320k @3 years
R3PSD Lachie Plowman 210k 2 years
R4PSD Spencer White 210k 2 years

R1PSD Alex Rance 480k @5 years
R2PSD Eddie Betts 320k @3 years
R3PSD Lachie Plowman 210k 2 years