2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always going to renew but jeez if they bump the price up again next season if we have another crap season then I'll have to certainly rethink renewing. I only got a Terrace membership though but that was still $283 when last season the equivalent was I think around $200-$210.

If we do sign him I'd assume he'd be playing up front with Keogh. No way we will have a marquee on the bench. He's also the 10th highest goal scorer in club history, if we sign him, he won't be a bench player.
Yeah realise that this could be a possibility and most likely. That's why i said in my opinion. I wouldn't sign him as a marquee. And if he is the best to play backup to Keogh then i think that is average.
Ruka scored in a team that was a high performing team. He scored most of his goals from the bench. Bobby and Mori far superior players.
Lowe who im very uncertain of has organised a good squad which has finally some very good defensive midfield qualities, he also has added up front with two quality wingers and backs who like to run at the defense. We will cross the ball a fair amount. Ruka needs the ball out in front and to his feet

Yeah realise that this could be a possibility and most likely. That's why i said in my opinion. I wouldn't sign him as a marquee. And if he is the best to play backup to Keogh then i think that is average.
Ruka scored in a team that was a high performing team. He scored most of his goals from the bench. Bobby and Mori far superior players.
Lowe who im very uncertain of has organised a good squad which has finally some very good defensive midfield qualities, he also has added up front with two quality wingers and backs who like to run at the defense. We will cross the ball a fair amount. Ruka needs the ball out in front and to his feet
All fair enough points, however he score goals and goals are what we need.

Ruka does not score goals enough. If you look at his record since leaving Australia. He has played 101 games for 12 goals.
Don't get me wrong. If he joins i will be cheering for him.
Playing predominantly as a winger as far as I'm aware. 16 in 42 in the A-League, I'm sure he will have improved in Europe too. Of course he may not even sign with us but if he does I believe he'll be more than worthwhile, just watch the highlights package on the previous page.

Playing predominantly as a winger as far as I'm aware. 16 in 42 in the A-League, I'm sure he will have improved in Europe too. Of course he may not even sign with us but if he does I believe he'll be more than worthwhile, just watch the highlights package on the previous page.
Don't need to watch the highlight package as ive seen every home game he has played for the Glory and the games he played against us.
He is better suited as a winger ,hence back to my original comment that i would play Sidnei ahead of him.

Don't need to watch the highlight package as ive seen every home game he has played for the Glory and the games he played against us.
He is better suited as a winger ,hence back to my original comment that i would play Sidnei ahead of him.
I guess we'll disagree on this one then. I guess we'll find out in time whether he is a success with us or the Wanderers. I may be a bit biased as he's my favourite ex Glory player, so here's hoping he returns.

Probably the best Australian player we've had in the A-League which isn't that hard really. He would play as a striker. Even as a left winger he would be better than he was after playing that role in a 4-3-3 when at Hertha Berlin. The chicken littles will say it's a panic buy etc etc of course.

Also there's been scant mention of Nebo. He's now seemingly settled in Perth and has a full preseason behind so I hope he's that #10 that can create like Liam Miller did. Saw glimpses of what he can do towards the end of the horrorshow last season and he started a great move for a goal in the Malaga match. He can also take a free kick. Who was the last Glory player that could do that.

Heard he is a bit of a flog off the field from a mate, hope he does well in any case. Zadkovich also ruled out with a back injury, as well as a few youngsters on international duty.

Probably the best Australian player we've had in the A-League which isn't that hard really. He would play as a striker. Even as a left winger he would be better than he was after playing that role in a 4-3-3 when at Hertha Berlin. The chicken littles will say it's a panic buy etc etc of course.

Also there's been scant mention of Nebo. He's now seemingly settled in Perth and has a full preseason behind so I hope he's that #10 that can create like Liam Miller did. Saw glimpses of what he can do towards the end of the horrorshow last season and he started a great move for a goal in the Malaga match. He can also take a free kick. Who was the last Glory player that could do that.
Seriously THE best Australian Player.
Okay what about : Michael Thwaite, Simon Colosimo, Damian Mori, Bobby Despo, Stan Laza, Hayden Foxe, Mile Sterjo, Chris Coyne, Richard Garcia, Jacob Burns, Ivan Ergic...just to name a few i would have above Ruka.

Nebo will have stiff competition from Garcia. And the Greatest freekick taker the Glory had was HANDS down, no argument: Con Boutsianis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said A-League so well done on paying attention. Clearly none of us are the true blue Glory die hard you are and we bow to your greater judgement on everything Glory. Okay sorry Lazza was better at taking a controlled substance when treating hair loss and ended up scrubbing dishes and serving customers at Vultures in Northbridge. Yes, Foxe was better at getting smashed and literally pissing on a bar in Portsmouth and going nowhere. Well done *slow clap*

I said A-League so well done on paying attention. Clearly none of us are the true blue Glory die hard you are and we bow to your greater judgement on everything Glory. Okay sorry Lazza was better at taking a controlled substance when treating hair loss and ended up scrubbing dishes and serving customers at Vultures in Northbridge. Yes, Foxe was better at getting smashed and literally pissing on a bar in Portsmouth and going nowhere. Well done *slow clap*
LOL Classic response. So i disagree with the huge statement youve made about Ruka being the best Australian player weve had in the A - League and i give you several players who i think are far better players and you respond with Sarcasm and Character assasination.
Pure Gold Mr Glory. I personally don't care what Lazza and Foxe did outside of the game as i can realise that in my youth their are hundreds of examples that i could do better if i had a crystal ball. They were great players.
Your attack simply comes from realising what a wide sweeping poorly qualified statement you have made. So better go on a personal attack.

A forum is for differing opinions to be discussed. Try picturing a person standing in front of you at the bar and having a good discussion on football but with differing opinions and then type the same you would normally converse. If thats too hard just try not responding to my opinion and leave it up to the adults.

For what its worth Id pick Jamo before Nikita. That is my opinion not fact not the be all and end all. Just an opinion.

yeah right okay and would you do the same in this mythical pub you talk of and give it the whole 'I've seen all the games he's played in so I know more than you' rhetoric that you've done on this forum and expect not to be laughed at? It's a two way street.

Last edited:
yeah right okay and would you do the same in this mythical pub you talk of and give it the whole 'I've seen all the games he's played in so I know more than you' rhetoric that you've done on this forum and expect not to be laughed at? It's a two way street. But, hey, I've been pigeonholed it seems.
Fair comment. No i probably wouldn't of said it like that, but i was responding to the "watch the highlights package" and in fairness to "potatoes" he probably wouldnt of said it exactly like that either. But none of our discussions got any further past healthy discussions.
I havent pigeonholed you ... yet;)
Hey i hope if Ruka comes he has a banging season. Just not sure on the whole Marquee status.

Solid start to the season. Nichols was quite impressive, as was McLaren's finish. Wasn't expecting that from him, but who's complaining?

Great game today. Liked what I saw. I am actually optimistic for a somewhat productive season after that game. Perhaps we may see some finals action this year. Midfield was solid, had a little bit of aggression - nice to see. Keogh was good up front - his glancing header was tops. McLaren's finish was great too - one on one vs. keeper and he drilled it home:thumbsu:. Not easy to take any points away from Wellington - especially for Perth. Great way to start the season - bring on the Brisbane *silly people next week.

We won! We won Away! We won in Wellington! I thought Nicholls would prance around like a 19th century ponce but did really well. Risdon had a mare. Much better when changes were made at half time including putting HErsi deeper. First half was the same old Glory. A shame to hear it looks like Ruka has signed with Wanderers.

We won! We won Away! We won in Wellington! I thought Nicholls would prance around like a 19th century ponce but did really well. Risdon had a mare. Much better when changes were made at half time including putting HErsi deeper. First half was the same old Glory. A shame to hear it looks like Ruka has signed with Wanderers.
Damn! :(

A shame to hear it looks like Ruka has signed with Wanderers.

Jason kind of gave that vibe today. I watched the match at the Elephant and Wheelbarrow and he was there as well. I asked him how it's going trying to sign Ruka and he said they are trying then someone said why would he sign for WSW instead of us and he simply said something along the lines of more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back