2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Blackburn Rovers
Griffiths should have been for sure. Risdon too for me but the red probably get his chances. I rate him higher than Franjic. What's happened to Brillante?

Stopped getting game time. Any fans of Wilkshire around here? Ange seems to have frozen him out even though he's playing for Feyenoord.

Last edited:

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
We've still got an u-19 international keeper on the books anyway. Good on him. It;s not like Louis Italiano just happy to sit on the bench happy collecting a wage. Shows the different mind set now.

southjoy

All Australian
Nov 11, 2003
Im in heaven
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WCE S.Freo
Another good point last night. Jeez this league is becomming a very good league.
Anybody else think that we were very unlucky not to get that penalty!
Thought Garcia was very good and Jamo must only be out of the Australian squad because of the number of LB Ange has tried and i must admit that BEhich does look good there.
When Danny DS gets some body strenght he is going to be a very handy player. Hope he plays when he moves and doesnt keep the pine warm ala Rogic

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Another good point last night. Jeez this league is becomming a very good league.
Anybody else think that we were very unlucky not to get that penalty!
Thought Garcia was very good and Jamo must only be out of the Australian squad because of the number of LB Ange has tried and i must admit that BEhich does look good there.
When Danny DS gets some body strenght he is going to be a very handy player. Hope he plays when he moves and doesnt keep the pine warm ala Rogic

I thought with the penalty claim Garcia made a bit of a mess of it looking like he'd dived. Could've been given, wasn't, not worth bleeting about that much.

Sidnei is a real pain at the moment and is being left behind a bit. His positioning is all wrong and that chance we had on the break was butchered by him doing such a stupid run that found no space for Keogh to pass to. Looked ominous when they subbed on Duff and Koren but Vuka had one of his best games of the season.

bkozican

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2011
W.A
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Making our opportunities so far...2-0 and Victory have had all the ball

I have no idea how we won that. On another day Melbourne score 7 or 8. Zads had probably his best game for the club so far (I also liked his dig at the FFA) and Jamo was lucky to stay on the pitch.

7 points clear on top and hopefully if results go our way we can head into the break 10 points clear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Big win...BIG WIN! I'm liking Rudan more and more for telling it like it is. Harper had a sook about Victory missing this and that but Rudan said we deserved and we're a great isde. We defended stoically if that's the word. They realised they have to do what Adelaide does to us and pass along the ground hitting our sometimes suspect fullbacks. Anything high we'll eat up. I'm still no pro Zadko. He let so many players just go past tonight. Keogh is a colossus.

POINTS.
CLEAR.

Jan 30, 2012
Midnight Sea
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
What a massive win. 7 points CLEAR at the top.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Look. I freely admit I bagged out Kenny Lowe at the end of last season but he has made me (gladly) eat my words.

Keogh is the man. Marinkovich played that match like a boss.

Eat a bag of dicks Victory - I ALWAYS love it when the Glory defeat them.

Bring on Adelaide.

Jan 30, 2012
Midnight Sea
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
I won't hold my breath. It's supposed to be the main way into the ACL but I'm sure they'll change the rules again like they did in 2012.

The ol' ACL screw job :rolleyes::mad:

Or we'll get points deducted for the salary cap stuff.
I wonder if the eastern powerbase clubs will push for this?

Has there been a clear breach of the salary cap? - and when?

ilikepotatoes

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pistons, Glory
The ol' ACL screw job :rolleyes::mad:

I wonder if the eastern powerbase clubs will push for this?

Of course they will, its a competition.

What would be hilarious however is giving the minor premiers ACL spot to the FFA cup winners.......

I'm pretty sure minor premiers and premiers get automatic qualification and the losers of the GF go through qualifying. It was minor premiers with automatic qualification and premiers go through qualifying rounds but IIRC they added an extra spot for this years competition.

Unclear yet but I think the alleged breach was in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back