2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins

lol it was a loop hole we exploited with the loan deals that any club could have exploited and the FFA approved it! The FFA had changed the rule for this season and beyond. A nothing article that wasn't already known, only purpose is to generate click bait to the Sydney scum.. wonder why hey?

Totally different to being 500k over the salary cap and not declaring payments.

Last edited:
May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
lol it was a loop hole we exploited with the loan deals that any club could have exploited and the FFA approved it! The FFA had changed the rule for this season and beyond. A nothing article that wasn't already known, only purpose is to generate click bait to the Sydney scum.. wonder why hey?

Totally different to being 500k over the salary cap and not declaring payments.
We are obviously in the wrong too but it does seem convenient that it was frowned upon before and after victory did it.

Sep 30, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Blackburn Rovers
We are obviously in the wrong too but it does seem convenient that it was frowned upon before and after victory did it.

Pretty sure that they approved it to raise the profile of the game here in Aus, its no coincidence that it was implemented for Rogic/Troisi (both former Socceroos) to come down here. I'm not saying that it was right, just that the FFA has tendency to think that way.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Pretty sure that they approved it to raise the profile of the game here in Aus, its no coincidence that it was implemented for Rogic/Troisi (both former Socceroos) to come down here. I'm not saying that it was right, just that the FFA has tendency to think that way.
Yeah I know. A little frustrating however. Needs to be a universal rule and not making certain concessions for one team and not others.

musha_13

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Victory, Heart of Midlothian
Not hurting as we deserved it but I've seen many sources say that multiple a league clubs are unhappy with the victory's special treatment. I'm not even looking at this with tinted glasses.

Special treatment?

We didn't break any rules and the only one's unhappy are the ones that didn't think of it themselves.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Jamo off to Wanderers, Thwaite off to make money OS and Maclaren wants out and has threatened legal action if not allowed to do so.

IT BEGINS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Borry

Protected Species
Aug 15, 2004
You never never know if you never never go.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Sydney
Vuka gone, don't blame him. Player that has put his heart and soul in this club only to have it thrown back in his face by the management.

Nothing comes close to a feel of betrayal caused by a club as this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Danny has said the SMH article is bullshit on twitter and nothing official yet so don't throw the toys out just yet. He almost left a couple of years ago anyway when he got married. With a new bride and baby he wants to be closer to family in the east so the move will happen one day.

Aug 14, 2005
NoR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
lakers, nufc, subi, colts
given up on the a league after getting booted out, last thing i took an interest in was the controversy about the potential host if victory hosted with the dome booked and the venue hosting had to be 40000 capacity. now today i see that venue hosted the final, another rule that applies to some teams and not others?

Aug 22, 2004
Safety Bay WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Brentford FC, Geelong Gumbies,
I haven't had the stomach to post about Glory after the complete and utter self destruction of the club last season.. until now.

Fresh season. Fresh start.

What I assume will be the clubs first choice defence looks good. Who is actually going to be the main goalie?

Itll be between Tyson and Covic....Covic hasnt arrived in Perth yet so Tyson has had a head start over him so im hoping he gets first Crack with Ante having to earn his spot.

Still rumours of Ruka joining us aswell. Wait and see though.

Jan 30, 2012
Midnight Sea
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
Itll be between Tyson and Covic....Covic hasnt arrived in Perth yet so Tyson has had a head start over him so im hoping he gets first Crack with Ante having to earn his spot.

Still rumours of Ruka joining us aswell. Wait and see though.
I want Ruka, he needs to come home.

Ruka on board will be significant. That will boost the forwards.

At least we have a little depth in the goalie department. Perhaps Covic can be cup games? Hasn't he taken up some administration role with the club as well?

Jan 30, 2012
Midnight Sea
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
Open Letter from new CEO Peter Filopoulos released today.
excerpt;
A lot of people were left hurt by what occurred last season, but I am very confident that some very valuable lessons have been learnt and that appropriate measures are now in place to ensure that our members, sponsors, fans players and staff alike never have to endure a situation like that again. While my focus is clearly on the road ahead my hope is that the events of the past will serve as a catalyst to unite us and only make us stronger!

Jan 30, 2012
Midnight Sea
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cronulla Sharks
New signing.to be announced tomorrow.

My sources tell me its a centre forward from Europe

It's this bloke it seems..

Perth Glory FC is delighted to announce the signing of Dutch striker, Guyon Fernandez subject to the successful completion of a medical.
Fernandez joins Glory after playing the majority of his career in the Eredivisie - the highest echelon of football in the Netherlands.

The 29-year-old’s clubs include Dutch powerhouse Feyenoord where he scored seven goals in 28 appearances.

He also featured for NAC Breda, Excelsior and PEC Zwolle where he briefly played alongside former Glory youth representative and current Socceroo, Trent Sainsbury.

The centre forward added a further 40 goals in 106 appearances to his tally during the rest of his time in the Netherlands, including two goals in PEC’s 5-1 demolition of Ajax in the 2013/14 KNVB Cup Final.

Read more at http://www.perthglory.com.au/articl...hyjavzjghl1s1hociy27a4tc7#jxcyGhWVfYCWWqZz.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back