2014/15 Scottish Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Some reports overnight that Dundee United are 'in talks' to buy the Newcastle Jets (A League franchise).

Pretty interesting to see if this goes any further.

Are Dundee United that wealthy?

Not by Chelsea, Man City standards sadly! :D

I think I read the family who owns them have a 'modest' wealth of about $50m.

Believe they are one of the stronger SPL teams (could be wrong) but obviously not on par with the resources and stature of Celtic (or Rangers before their financial woes).

Not by Chelsea, Man City standards sadly! :D

I think I read the family who owns them have a 'modest' wealth of about $50m.

Believe they are one of the stronger SPL teams (could be wrong) but obviously not on par with the resources and stature of Celtic (or Rangers before their financial woes).

Ive heard its more of a link up planned, e.g. player swaps, training methods etc, but could be wrong if youve heard its a buy out.

I would be surprised if the Thompson family wanted the outlay to buy The Jets, rather than further invest in DU.

Well ran club Utd, with a great history of player development.

Ive heard its more of a link up planned, e.g. player swaps, training methods etc, but could be wrong if youve heard its a buy out.

I would be surprised if the Thompson family wanted the outlay to buy The Jets, rather than further invest in DU.

Well ran club Utd, with a great history of player development.

I think the reports in the media hint that any potential deal is still a long way off and that the Thompson family were more 'looking at opportunities' (perhaps other clubs in and around Asia may be on their radar).

Will be interesting to see what happens either way. Jets could certainly use any help or boost we can get! :D

I think the reports in the media hint that any potential deal is still a long way off and that the Thompson family were more 'looking at opportunities' (perhaps other clubs in and around Asia may be on their radar).

Will be interesting to see what happens either way. Jets could certainly use any help or boost we can get! :D

Will keep an eye out for it, interesting story, for both the Scottish and Aussie game if anything happens.

Unbeaten home record over after getting pummeled 0-4 by Partick Thistle. Not sure what went wrong but hopefully we can carry on our good form into the second half of the year unlike last season.

Mike Ashley reportedly is ready to up his stake in Rangers to 29.9% which would give him effectively control of the club.

Has also been charged by the SFA for breaching several rules and has a hearing on January 27th. Hopefully the SFA hold firm and prevent him from dual ownership. Would be nice to see him sell us and move on.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...angers-and-Newcastle-United-within-weeks.html

So, as we all know, Ally McCoist has handed in his resignation at Sevco and is serving his 12 month notice. So how the hell does that mean he's entitled to a pay rise? There's some seriously dodgy dealings going on at that club, bearing in mind they don't have enough money to opearte after this month.

So, as we all know, Ally McCoist has handed in his resignation at Sevco and is serving his 12 month notice. So how the hell does that mean he's entitled to a pay rise? There's some seriously dodgy dealings going on at that club, bearing in mind they don't have enough money to opearte after this month.

I dont think its a pay rise, its just proof that the so called pay cut he took (to play to the hordes, as all around the cash swirled down the plug hole) was actually just a deferment. His notice period has just triggered him back to full pay.

The dodgy dealings have been going on for a long time mate, its why they crashed and died before and now the tribute act is heading the same way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dodgy dealings have been going on for a long time mate, its why they crashed and died before and now the tribute act is heading the same way.
Yeah, and long may they continue. the newco is the gift which keeps on giving.

551472_10205854632750506_3449825026694463784_n.jpg

The different AGMs. Says it all really.

10846391_10153461369882796_7263339846974941645_n.jpg

The logo also fell off at Sevco's one.

Comedy gold over at the asbestos dome in Govan, again today....

images

This is not a photoshop by the way, this is how they held their AGM!!!

In a tent on the pitch, far enough away from irate shareholders in the stands, for safety reasons (just needed a shark filled moat and it wouldve been perfect)

Comedy gold over at the asbestos dome in Govan, again today....

images

This is not a photoshop by the way, this is how they held their AGM!!!

In a tent on the pitch, far enough away from irate shareholders in the stands, for safety reasons (just needed a shark filled moat and it wouldve been perfect)

They couldn't afford to buy the shovel and pay the water bill to fill it.

6 minutes of pure seething.

At 3.55 when discussing the fire safety.

"A Rangers staff member will show you to exits in case of a fire."

"Is there still some left ya campaigner!"

Even funnier that the Rangers shareholders were put in the corner of Ibrox that is the 'away end'

It's still a month away but does anyone know of any pubs in Melbourne that are likely to be showing Celtic v Rangers league cup tie on 1st Feb? Don't want to miss this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back