2014/15 Scottish Football Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pint on Punt houses one of the CSCs. Failing that the (not ironically named) Celtic Club would be worth checking out.

Good win for The Hoops tonight, played well and should've been out of site at half time.

1st time Ive watched a full match on the new plastic pitch at Killie, strangely we looked more comfortable on it at times than the home team?

Good win for The Hoops tonight, played well and should've been out of site at half time.

1st time Ive watched a full match on the new plastic pitch at Killie, strangely we looked more comfortable on it at times than the home team?
Would help if we used it properly. Route 1 on a plastic pitch is never going to work. Unfortunately 6 months into the season and our clueless manager has yet to understand that.

Would help if we used it properly. Route 1 on a plastic pitch is never going to work. Unfortunately 6 months into the season and our clueless manager has yet to understand that.

I take it W#20, you don't think Mr Johnston is Magic?

I agree mate, that the other nigh Killie's tactics where not up to scratch.
The early substitution of a full back for a winger was strange, it left some big holes, that Celtic really should have punished (mix of poor finishing and great goal keeping).
The change during the 2nd half, was down to Celtic dropping the pace, but was soon rectified on our part and we ran out easy winners.

Too much reliance on Eremenko also, for me. He is too slow/out of shape to pin your game plan on.

Until now I'd say this season had been the most disappointing season in County's history, but after two consecutive victories I'm thinking a miracle could happen. Ross County's 3-1 win away at Partick has moved us out of the relegation zone for the first time this season. We have been last for all but three weeks this season, but now we sit 10th, and are in better form than the clubs around us. For the first time this season I believe my team could survive another season in the Premier League.

Bottom 4 teams all won this weekend. I wonder when that last happened. County are still 10th, but are finally playing some consistant football.
Ross County obviously hoped the others would stay down. Three teams within GD of replacing each other. Scary. No game time for Burgess but Irvine sticks around. Not sure if Irvine is yet classified as 'fully' Australian but that's for another thread.

Pint on Punt houses one of the CSCs. Failing that the (not ironically named) Celtic Club would be worth checking out.

Re Pint on Punt, if anyone is interested, a documentary called The Asterisk Years is being shown there on 4th April, followed by a Q&A session from the film maker/narrator Paul Larkin.

Although the film speaks from a Celtic perspective, its aim is to highlight the influence the banking establishment had on Scottish football, ultimately bank rolling Rangers, whilst trying to shut down Celtic and refusing loans unless for stadium upgrades to other clubs. Along with a compliant media.

Id thoroughly recommend it.

The current events at Ibrox only goes to show the agenda in Scotland to have some form of Rangers back in the Premier League, at any cost.

Lets face it, this is a club who have been liquidated and are being chased by the tax man for millions of unpaid revenue and illegal payments to players, but have just been taken over by a man who has 41 charges of tax evasion in South Africa, which he only avoided jail by paying millions in fines.
Yet the Glasgow press have it billed as the second coming! The Daily Record ran a blog for the egm titled The Kings Coronation!!! a supposed national newspaper.
Im not business savvy, but this is the same guy who told fans not to buy season books and merchandise, thus driving down the share price, only to buy shares at their low point, is this legal?

What has also made me puke is his statements about Sevco retaking their place as the 2nd club in Scotland, totally disregarding the great work being done by Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, ICT and the quality of football currently being played in the SPL by all clubs.
Not to mention how Hearts have handed them their arse in the 1st Division. This is a club who fought back from oblivion due to poor ownership, but did it within their means and are now reaping the benefits.

So much for Armageddon

Interesting times yet again in Scottish football, I hope everyone is interested in seeing how the SFA handle this. Hopefully fans of all clubs can see whats going on and not just see this as a Celtic v Sevco, issue.

Sorry for the rant guys, but this is Scottish Footballs version of the Essendon scandal for me and could be a game wrecker if fans only see a corrupt set up

All the best PRC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 on the trot for Ross County, we are now 2pts clear of the relegation zone and 4pts behind 9th placed Partick. But the tough run now begins with Hamilton, Kilmarnock, Dundee Utd and St. Johnstone in the next games.

Sevco dropping more points!

Can win the title before the month is out, before we play Rangers again (twice).

Rangers dropped more points, could win the title next weekend should Rangers & Hibs draw next Sunday.

Need 8 points in 9 games.

Rangers dropped more points, could win the title next weekend should Rangers & Hibs draw next Sunday.

Need 8 points in 9 games.

An amazing turnaround from The Jambos, both on and off the park. Amazing how your season has gone considering how it was initially predicted at the seasons onset.

Premier League needs a strong Hearts and Hibs, keeps the old Glasgow Edinburgh thing going, plus will add to the competitive nature that we are seeing with Aberdeen, Dundee UTD, ICT etc this year. It can only be good for Scottish Football.

An amazing turnaround from The Jambos, both on and off the park. Amazing how your season has gone considering how it was initially predicted at the seasons onset.

Premier League needs a strong Hearts and Hibs, keeps the old Glasgow Edinburgh thing going, plus will add to the competitive nature that we are seeing with Aberdeen, Dundee UTD, ICT etc this year. It can only be good for Scottish Football.

And to think the Huns thought Scottish Football would die with them ;)

The amazing turnaround for Ross County continues, 16pts from their last 6 games see the Staggies 7pts clear of automatic relegation and 3pts clear of Motherwell who occupy the playoff spot. There are three games to go before the league splits.
Ross County's next three games are away to Dundee Utd (4th), home against St. Johnstone (5th) and away against St. Mirren (12th).
Motherwell's next three are away to Kilmarnock (8th), home to St. Mirren (12th) and away to Partick (9th).

Will be champions by the morning if Hibs fail to beat Rangers.

Champions!!!

keep-calm-hearts-are-champions.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back