2014/15 season

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot depends on who Man U get as manager now that we stalled on Van Gaal.

If we get Pochettino I wouldn't be surprised if we go for Lallana, Lovren and Shaw but if we do get one of the 2 dutchmen as manager I'd expect the following:

Ins:
2 of - Lovren, Umtiti, Veltmen, Bruno Martins Indi, Caulker
1 of - Luke Shaw, Daley Blind, Ricardo Rodriguez, Loris Benito, Ben Davies
1 of - Lallana or Classie
1 of - Benteke or Lukaku

Outs:
Kaboul, Vertonghen, Naughton, Livermore and 1 of Paulinho and Capoue

Starting XI:
Lloris
Walker - Chiriches - Lovren/Umtiti - Blind/Shaw
Dembele - Sandro
Lamela - Eriksen - Lallana/Chadli
Lukaku/Benteke

Liverpool fans, how do you guys think you'll go as the hunted next season?
To be honest, no real idea. But I think we'll just continue to take the game on like this season, top four will be the aim at the start of the season & really good runs in the cups.

You'd have to expect either City or Chelsea will win it next season with big spending splurges. With a few good signings I think we'll be good for top 3 and a decent Champions League run. I see us ahead of Arsenal for the foreseeable future. I think United will be back in the top 4 within 2 seasons. When we dropped off last time in the early 90's it coincided with the formation of the PL and we found it hard to adjust. United won't suffer the same fate as you will have learnt from our experience and have plenty of money to spend.

You'd have to expect either City or Chelsea will win it next season with big spending splurges. With a few good signings I think we'll be good for top 3 and a decent Champions League run. I see us ahead of Arsenal for the foreseeable future. I think United will be back in the top 4 within 2 seasons. When we dropped off last time in the early 90's it coincided with the formation of the PL and we found it hard to adjust. United won't suffer the same fate as you will have learnt from our experience and have plenty of money to spend.

You can't possibly go under the radar as the Champions :p

Will be interesting to see just how quickly, and how far, Manchester United bounce back. Even if they get "Super Manager" in & spend big, I'm not sure it will be plain sailing for them, the biggest things to come out of this season is just how threadbare the squad Fergie left was, the loss of the "Fergie Fear Factor" on both opposition clubs and, more importantly, the refereeing fraternity &, to be perfectly blunt, the poor attitude of some senior players.
Interested in the United perspective, do you think it's simply a matter of replacing Moyes & buying players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we win the title this season it will be hard to defend it. We'll have more money available thanks to Champions League but we won't have the resources available to City and Chelsea so we'll have to be astute. I'd love to see us land Isco or Barkley (as I've seen rumoured), but it is extremely unlikely we'll land either.

I wouldn't mind seeing is put in for Lallana and Shaw, but again, other clubs with strong financial clout want them and it won't be easy to get either one.

If we win the title this season it will be hard to defend it. We'll have more money available thanks to Champions League but we won't have the resources available to City and Chelsea so we'll have to be astute. I'd love to see us land Isco or Barkley (as I've seen rumoured), but it is extremely unlikely we'll land either.

I wouldn't mind seeing is put in for Lallana and Shaw, but again, other clubs with strong financial clout want them and it won't be easy to get either one.

Do you think Suarez will stay? Real tend to get their targets.

I think he will. I certainly hope he does, though if he does go it will be for more than the £40 mil from last summer, and combine that with UCL money we can do some serious work.

Your squad certainly doesn't look as strong without him. He should be on 250k p/week really.

Do you think Suarez will stay? Real tend to get their targets.

He'll almost certainly stay another season. Ideal scenario for us is we keep him until 2018 and then sell him after the 2018 WC to Real for some stupidly ridiculous fee. I'd be happy with that.

Your squad certainly doesn't look as strong without him. He should be on 250k p/week really.

I dunno, we handled life without him at the start of the season- ok, we weren't exactly playing as we are now, but we were winning games and getting by. Depends on what we get for him (if we sell him) and who we can get to replace him. If he went for say, £80 mil then that gives us options. Hijack Chelsea's plans for Costa perhaps? Or bring back Caroll and Crouch :p

Who is in and who is out at Utd?

Ins:
2 of - Lovren, Umtiti, Veltmen, Bruno Martins Indi, Caulker
1 of - Luke Shaw, Daley Blind, Ricardo Rodriguez, Loris Benito, Ben Davies
1 of - Lallana or Classie
1 of - Benteke or Lukaku

Outs:
Kaboul, Vertonghen, Naughton, Livermore and 1 of Paulinho and Capoue

You'd be easily looking at 50mil+ for those 5 players. Probably closer to 60mil.

That's a lot of money for a club that's just spent 100mil.

Do you think Levy will back that kind of spending again?

I dunno, we handled life without him at the start of the season- ok, we weren't exactly playing as we are now, but we were winning games and getting by. Depends on what we get for him (if we sell him) and who we can get to replace him. If he went for say, £80 mil then that gives us options. Hijack Chelsea's plans for Costa perhaps? Or bring back Caroll and Crouch :p

Who is in and who is out at Utd?

You wouldn't get more than 50 for him.

You'd be easily looking at 50mil+ for those 5 players. Probably closer to 60mil.

That's a lot of money for a club that's just spent 100mil.

Do you think Levy will back that kind of spending again?
We didn't really invest £100m last summer. Bale, Demspey, Caulker & Huddlestone being sold for about the same if not more than what was purchased. I think the same will happen again. Vertonghen and Paulinho would get decent fees in and a small investment to back the new manager wouldn't be surprising

Remove this Banner Ad

Back