Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
What's with all these definitive answers?

"We wont do this", "we wont do that", "he will do this". It's all just stupid.

Ronaldo was 25 when Madrid paid 80 mil for him
Bale was 23 when Madrid paid 77 mil for him

Suarez is 27.

People need to come back to reality.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Fair points. You'd be much better off forgoing the extra £30-40m and keeping Suarez for another 4 seasons!

Depends on how he ages. I think getting older won't affect him as much as other footballers as he doesn't rely on pace and is seemingly impossible to injure despite Kevin Mirallas giving it his very best shot this season. Ideally i'd love to have him for the rest of his career but realistically our owners will want to cash in on him towards the end of his career and there wouldn't be a better time to do it then after the 2018 World Cup.

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
What's with all these definitive answers?

"We wont do this", "we wont do that", "he will do this". It's all just stupid.

Ronaldo was 25 when Madrid paid 80 mil for him
Bale was 23 when Madrid paid 77 mil for him

Suarez is 27.

People need to come back to reality.

I'd argue that Suarez over the last two seasons has played at a better level than Bale, and a similar level to Ronaldo before they made their big money moves. So I don't see why a 65m+ price tag isn't a possibility, especially if Benzema is moved on to Juventus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
I'd argue that Suarez over the last two seasons has played at a better level than Bale, and a similar level to Ronaldo before they made their big money moves. So I don't see why a 65m+ price tag isn't a possibility, especially if Benzema is moved on to Juventus.
Ronaldo 6-7 seasons at his peak when signed
Bale not at his peak yet and will still improve with 6-7 seasons to come
Suarez 4-5 seasons at this level he is at now

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal

I would say between 55-75 would be ballpark for his age +seasons so far.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
With the money they'd get they would still go backwards. No striker available to them would fill half the void Suarez leaving would cause. It's a non-issue and wont be a transfer story we will be discussing this summer I think

Shoei

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 26, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
With the money they'd get they would still go backwards. No striker available to them would fill half the void Suarez leaving would cause. It's a non-issue and wont be a transfer story we will be discussing this summer I think

And that's the 77 million dollar question.

Do you back Rogers to do it again with another roughie or did he just luck out?

For all Wenger's bullshit you can't deny he can turn a profit on a player consistently.

Back