2014/15 Sheffield Shield Final- Victoria v Western Australia, Hobart Mar 21-25

Who will win the 2014/15 Sheffield Shield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
Based on the crowd reaction at Bellerive, nobody :p

These guys beg to differ :D

Vics win Shield 2.jpg

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
More annoyed about the pitch than where it was played.

Why is everyone so scared of a 'real' game on a proper wicket. Wickets like that do nothing for cricket.

I don't think anyone is, it's just the way the system is set up at the moment. Needs some changes made to encourage a different kind of wicket to be prepared.

Due to exceptional circumstance?

You mean the only time in history there has been a need to apply the rule?

CA ignored it's own rule and WA were disadvantaged by that.

Yes Victoria were the better team this season but that fact remains that CA ignored it's own rule.

I wonder how they will compensate the WACA for that.
Compensate WA hahaha lol. For what? finishing 2nd and having to play away, like every other bloody team who finishes second...

How can you be disadvantaged? You were playing away anyway, Victoria were the one's disadvantaged by not playing in Vic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Compensate WA hahaha lol. For what? finishing 2nd and having to play away, like every other bloody team who finishes second...

How can you be disadvantaged? You were playing away anyway, Victoria were the one's disadvantaged by not playing in Vic.

Compensate WA for blatantly disregarding the rules.

The rule says that WA should have hosted.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
More annoyed about the pitch than where it was played.

Why is everyone so scared of a 'real' game on a proper wicket. Wickets like that do nothing for cricket.

I don't think anyone is, it's just the way the system is set up at the moment. Needs some changes made to encourage a different kind of wicket to be prepared.

They actually made a conscious move away from preparing greentops and bowler-friendly pitches this year (particularly at Bellerive - see Tasmania's results this year?) in the Shield. Not sure CA (or whoever decides these things) will go back on it so quickly.

Compensate WA for blatantly disregarding the rules.

The rule says that WA should have hosted.
Well that rule should be changed because it's crap. finish first host the final, if unavailable. Neutral.

We have an ironclad guarantee that the MCG will be free from football until a 2nd stadium is refurbished, we shouldn't be punished because the ICC commandeered our ground.

Whine and moan all you like, CA agreed with CV to the point that it was willing to ignore its rules. That's telling.

Still compensation. LOL.

We played by the rules given to us by CA, going by last years precedent we could have played game in Alice Springs and WA would have had no right to complain!
Should have sent them up to our spiritual home! 100% win rate too!:rainbow:

crownie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
when was the last time top of the ladder has won the shield with a draw after losing on first innings?

not the ideal way but top of the ladder deserves some advantage and I'm sure WA supporters wouldn't have any sympathy if it was the other way around so the sooking does need to stop.

Dec 21, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Redbacks, Adelaide United
I'm on the side of WA people here, there is the rule there so can't see why it wasn't enforced. Victoria should have more than one FC venue, I think WA would've been well within their rights to refuse to go to Tasmania. I have no issues with how Victoria played though, what else were people seriously expecting?

so the sooking does need to stop.
I think to some extent people also need to understand that WA cricket has been down for a long time, there is a lot of disappointment floating around at just missing the Shield two seasons in a row. I don't have an issue with the location of the final but, much like Langer, the pitch and nature of these finals does s**t me. Will wallow for a while I think.

I think to some extent people also need to understand that WA cricket has been down for a long time, there is a lot of disappointment floating around at just missing the Shield two seasons in a row. I don't have an issue with the location of the final but, much like Langer, the pitch and nature of these finals does s**t me. Will wallow for a while I think.
Tbf the issues with the placid nature of the pitch isn't just this year, it happens every year and there's a strong motivation for it to be prepared that way, year after year.

Essentially to win the shield you need to finish first, as a general rule.

Tbf the issues with the placid nature of the pitch isn't just this year, it happens every year and there's a strong motivation for it to be prepared that way, year after year.

Essentially to win the shield you need to finish first, as a general rule.
I'm not complaining about it this year specifically, I just think generally it's a rubbish way to end the Shield season. The final should be exciting, promoting good attacking cricket and attracting new fans to the domestic game. At the moment it does the opposite. Changes need to be made.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
I'm not complaining about it this year specifically, I just think generally it's a rubbish way to end the Shield season. The final should be exciting, promoting good attacking cricket and attracting new fans to the domestic game. At the moment it does the opposite. Changes need to be made.

I agree. The Sheffield Shield is badly in need of promotion, and under the current format, the final does nothing for the game whatsoever.

Back