News 2014-2015 off-season news thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinese whispers I know but I have heard pending national,pre-season and rookie drafts, Box Hill are looking at both Jordan Lisle (ex hawk obviously) and also Jack Hutchings - former GC Sun who was a 17yo pre-draft selection. You would think Hutchings would be a replacement for Ayden Kennedy who will miss the season with a knee.

Also a shame about Brandon Wood leaving although I totally agree, far to good a player to be running around in the development league.

Any other "early" news of players coming / going?

Chinese whispers I know but I have heard pending national,pre-season and rookie drafts, Box Hill are looking at both Jordan Lisle (ex hawk obviously) and also Jack Hutchings - former GC Sun who was a 17yo pre-draft selection. You would think Hutchings would be a replacement for Ayden Kennedy who will miss the season with a knee.

Also a shame about Brandon Wood leaving although I totally agree, far to good a player to be running around in the development league.

Any other "early" news of players coming / going?
I read that somewhere else as well, but can't remember where. However it was posted as a fait accompli.

Signings prior to the AFL draft selection and rookie list is usually limited. Cadeyn Williams [Richmond] has been signed. In other news Tom Miles and Tom Goodwin have gone to Coburg. With Mitch Hallahan and Ben Ross moving on and Luke Andrews having a knee reco I'm disappointed Brandon Wood decided to sign up with Frankston. I think Brandon should have backed himself to win senior selection and maximize his development to give himself the best shot at playing in the AFL. Likewise with Luke Lowden moving on I have similar thoughts for Tom Goodwin.

Signings prior to the AFL draft selection and rookie list is usually limited. Cadeyn Williams [Richmond] has been signed. In other news Tom Miles and Tom Goodwin have gone to Coburg. With Mitch Hallahan and Ben Ross moving on and Luke Andrews having a knee reco I'm disappointed Brandon Wood decided to sign up with Frankston. I think Brandon should have backed himself to win senior selection and maximize his development to give himself the best shot at playing in the AFL. Likewise with Luke Lowden moving on I have similar thoughts for Tom Goodwin.

That's disappointing news on Luke Andrews....Felt he had a brilliant back half to 2014....Gotta feel for the kid, that's the 2nd time now!

Some big and disappointing "outs"!
With Wood leaving for the Dolphins and Andrews undergoing a reco, you would think this would open up more opportunities for Mitch O'Donnell.

Port aren't mucking around signing Jordy Lisle, Khan Haretuku and Lucas Cook!

Would love to see the Stangas try and get ex B&F winner Tommy Schnieder back in the fold!

Sammy Isles and Marc Lock going around again?

Some big and disappointing "outs"!
With Wood leaving for the Dolphins and Andrews undergoing a reco, you would think this would open up more opportunities for Mitch O'Donnell.

Port aren't mucking around signing Jordy Lisle, Khan Haretuku and Lucas Cook!

Would love to see the Stangas try and get ex B&F winner Tommy Schnieder back in the fold!

Sammy Isles and Marc Lock going around again?

Saw a pic of Sam Isles training the other day so he definitely is.

Kennedy & Andrews doing rehab together. Bigger & stronger 2016!!!

Really feel for both of them. Kennedy, because who knows he may have got another opportunity prior to the knee. Andrews cause he was the emergency and call in at the last minute & this is what happens.

Looking forward to Box Hills' 2015 season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The following are the 2014 B & F votes [Minimum 20 votes]

Seniors:

Iles 67 Mirra 59 Kelly 56 Lowden 53 Brand 52

Lock & Woodward 51 Kennedy 50 Cheney 49 Wanganeen 47

Hallahan 46 Murphy 45 Grimley 44 O'Brien 42 Ross 41

Sicily 39 Collins 38 Andrews 36 Hartung 33 Heatherly & Willsmore 32

Webster 30 Ceglar & Litherland 28, Cust 27 Lawlor & McEvoy 22 Tobin 21

Development:

Miles 74 McEvoy 65 Crocker 58 Gibson & Walker 57

Summers & Wood 56 Northe & Soccio 55 Cassidy 54

Fisher 49 Thompson 48 Goodwin & Post 47 Pell 46

Franetic 45 Exon 43 Gordon 38 Vizzari 37 Evans 35 Bond & Stewart 34

Cust 31 Tobin 30 O'Donnell 29 Papadopoulos 27 Lawlor 28 Collins 21

In 2015 I'm looking forward to watching the development of the BHH first year players McEvoy, Gibson, Walker, Soccio, Fisher, Franetic & Evans.

Tobes, Gordo and Macca are all training and should sign on soon. Custy is in sweet love and undecided on making the commitment required to play in the VFL. It was good to see Dalton Graham at training after a year at Sandringham where he played 7 senior games. It's great to see a young player prepared to challenged himself and place development in front of senior selection in contrast to Wood and Goodwin.

Xavier is playing with Tom at their old school team in the amateurs, De L Salle. Last year he deferred his career as a paramedic to play at BHH. He was a great club man and set an inspiring standard for the young HFC players the way he put his body on the line to earn a kick. Supporters should not underestimate the commitment required to play VFL football.

Last edited:
Xavier is playing with Tom at their old school team in the amateurs, De L Salle. Last year he deferred his career as a paramedic to play at BHH. He was a great club man and set an inspiring standard for the young HFC players the way he put his body on the line to earn a kick. Supporters should not underestimate the commitment required to play VFA football.

Thanks. Fair enough :) (I didn't mean to sound annoyed or anything, I do understand the commitment required, he was one of my favourites that's all so wondered what had happened to him).

Xavier is playing with Tom at their old school team in the amateurs, De L Salle. Last year he deferred his career as a paramedic to play at BHH. He was a great club man and set an inspiring standard for the young HFC players the way he put his body on the line to earn a kick. Supporters should not underestimate the commitment required to play VFA football.

Showing your age - H/huddo;)

Tobes, Gordo and Macca are all training and should sign on soon. Custy is in sweet love and undecided on making the commitment required to play in the VFL. It was good to see Dalton Graham at training after a year at Sandringham where he played 7 senior games. It's great to see a young player prepared to challenged himself and place development in front of senior selection in contrast to Wood and Goodwin.
Cheers for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back