2014/2015 pre season thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

Boak November 2013:
View attachment 95945

Boak is clearly in the best shape of his life now, looking at these older pictures. I'm going to punt on him for the brownlow.

Wow looking at the latest pics compared to back then it looked like Boak had been drinking too much Oak. ;)

I did a pretty intense Insanity like group session at the gym tonight having just recovered from a torn plantar fascia and peroneal longus and brevis tendons. As I was fronting up for it, I gotta confess that I was pretty nervous about how I'd cope.....then I thought about our players and the first yearers especially. It got me through knowing I was subjecting myself to pain just for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Port squad arrived home in Adelaide last night and were immediately granted 19 days off to rest their weary bodies.

The players are due back at training on Saturday, January 3.
I wonder how much of that fitness base from Dubai they will actually lose with 19 days off?
I know they will all have individual programmes to follow but they might take it a little easy?Then again they are 100% in improving as a team.It is good to see we play as a team not individuals.

I did a pretty intense Insanity like group session at the gym tonight having just recovered from a torn plantar fascia and peroneal longus and brevis tendons. As I was fronting up for it, I gotta confess that I was pretty nervous about how I'd cope.....then I thought about our players and the first yearers especially. It got me through knowing I was subjecting myself to pain just for them.
I had plantar fascia trouble several years ago.It eventually settled but I don't do too much these days.I believe it is better to tear or snap it then put up with tendonitis.

I wonder how much of that fitness base from Dubai they will actually lose with 19 days off?
I know they will all have individual programmes to follow but they might take it a little easy?Then again they are 100% in improving as a team.It is good to see we play as a team not individuals.
Always the negative nancy... I remember an article last year about this exact thing and the players talking about how the day they come back they all get tested to make sure they hit their marks during the off time. Anyone not up to scratch got ripped a new one.

A 1st/2nd year player still had to do a heap of laps on christmas morning and a fair amound of running every day when they were off so I don't think they will slack off too much

Remove this Banner Ad

Back