Analysis 2014 AFL Awards

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I noticed on one of the plethora of footy shows last night that they showed one experts AA side, can't remember who, and they didn't have Rocky in their 22.

Hopefully its not indicative of the outcome.
I've seen/heard on the radio a few journo's versions and they've all had him. On bench or on the field

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I'll be shitted off if he's on the bench.

Deserves to be centre, rover or ruck rover.
I agree but I think that most people couldn't bear GAJ on the bench so they put him in one of those spots despite missing so many games. Fyfe seems to be universal for one of the other spots and then usually JPK the other.
Rocky seems to be getting put on the wing more as stupid as that seems

Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've seen/heard on the radio a few journo's versions and they've all had him. On bench or on the field
Yea for me, I've heard/seen a few teams from the "experts" and it's pretty much split 50/50 between him starting or on the bench. Haven't heard any without him in.

I usually don't get my hopes up for awards, but I can't help it with Rocky in this instance - he was just so good this season and it stacks up against other elite mids. I will be pretty cut if he doesn't make the team.

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'd have him starting over Heppell, seen a quite a few with Rocky on the bench and Heppell on field. The fans team on AFL.com has Rocky starting in the midfield

Fan%27s-All-Aus-Teamv5.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
"Tom Rockliff's numbers are terrific … but I don't think Tom Rockliff has had the year that Josh Kennedy has had, then you have got (Dayne) Beam and (Gary) Ablett as well, so he might not make the final cut."

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/pendleb...selection/tabid/91/newsid/143512/default.aspx

5 on field and the bench is expected to be 4 mids and he has named 3 players

Selwood, Fyfe, Lewis, Ablett, Kennedy, Rockliff, Heppell, Ablett, Pendlebury

thats 9 mids can't think of too many more that could be in there

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I would hate to think that rocky will miss out but there is some talent in that group. In saying that if Ablett makes it and he doesn't then I'll be royally pissed.

bato

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Novak Djokovic
Rocky shafted in 3.... 2...

End of Round 22: "Oh yeah, he's a definite lock"

Two weeks later: "Maybe we can squeeze him in on the bench.."

Back