List Mgmt. 2014 AFL Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG GET REAL!! Compare Liam Jurrah to any of Kurt Tippett, Lance Franklin, or Sam Reid. Or take a look at Hawthorns forwards. Did you see what Tom Hawkins did to us.

I'm not sure what context you read it in but I doubt it was the intended one.

Show me how we can get any of those blokes on a rookie wage with a rookie list?

yeah I agree, lets' delist Turner now, f#+* rookies.:(
Taken in the context that we are supposedly challenging for a premiership next year, rookies is not what we need at the moment. We need top end talent in the positions we are deficient.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taken in the context that we are supposedly challenging for a premiership next year, rookies is not what we need at the moment. We need top end talent in the positions we are deficient.

I reckon we go down the track of Turner with our rookie picks this year bottom age top talent that may be top twenty picks in twelve months time, we don't need any replacement players on the rookie list this year except maybe a mature aged ruck if we trade/delist Currie.

I reckon we go down the track of Turner with our rookie picks this year bottom age top talent that may be top twenty picks in twelve months time, we don't need any replacement players on the rookie list this year except maybe a mature aged ruck if we trade/delist Currie.
You putting words in my mouth. Yeah we all love Kayne Turner of course bring on some more of him. We need to target top end talent in the trade period!!

What the views on De Goey? He's come into my fav for this draft that'll be around our first, good on inside and out, X factor, great vision and a pretty good and creative kick.

Forget all that noise, would take on name alone. #skitztimes

Pretty sure we have now played ourselves out of position to grab Lever/Marchbank/Goddard so where too???

Is it to the Menadues and Goeys or more the Lamb, McKenzie, Smith Risk reward direction.

Starting to think a Lamb/Smith gamble may be the way to go.........maybe

again you are setting your expectations too high, what do we have to trade to get this top end talent?
You are wrong there i expect, at our best, this current team to perform like the Western Bulldogs did in the 2000s, as in not quite make a grand final let alone win 1. Thats just being realistic. That being the case, in my opinion, while Petrie and Boomer are still around we need more talent to support them.

You are wrong there i expect, at our best, this current team to perform like the Western Bulldogs did in the 2000s, as in not quite make a grand final let alone win 1. Thats just being realistic. That being the case, in my opinion, while Petrie and Boomer are still around we need more talent to support them.

I'm talking about trade expectation and you are now (for whatever reason you see fit) talking about the bullies lack off success and equating that to us, I am not sure Petrie and Boomer should be the main focus of our trading this year, unless you want to give up the next decade for a shot next year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm talking about trade expectation and you are now (for whatever reason you see fit) talking about the bullies lack off success and equating that to us, I am not sure Petrie and Boomer should be the main focus of our trading this year, unless you want to give up the next decade for a shot next year?

Hell even in dream world id prefer to be targetting a Talia/Carlisle over a Sloan/Danger not that id say no to any of them :)

again you are setting your expectations too high, what do we have to trade to get this top end talent?

Come on jeremy77 what have we got to trade, lets just for argument sake say Danger/Ablett/Pendles/Hawkins or Buddy were available which none have said they are, that is top end talent, what would you be prepared to give up? my bet it is either not enough for the other club to accept or too much for us to give away. But please answer the question, I need a laugh.

Come on jeremy77 what have we got to trade, lets just for argument sake say Danger/Ablett/Pendles/Hawkins or Buddy were available which none have said they are, that is top end talent, what would you be prepared to give up? my bet it is either not enough for the other club to accept or too much for us to give away. But please answer the question, I need a laugh.

LA and a 4th DUH :p

I definitely see us following their path, im giving you a reason why i, think it neccasry to take advantage of our current list and yes go for a premiership in the next couple years. While our best player is still around and our only experienced key position fwd is too, its a shame he aint the best kick though lol.. Hence us wanting Jarrad Waite andhopefully more, maybe a tall defender and some size in the mids. Dunno. But thats my opinion. Thankyou.

I definitely see us following their path, im giving you a reason why i, think it neccasry to take advantage of our current list and yes go for a premiership in the next couple years. While our best player is still around and our only experienced key position fwd is too, its a shame he aint the best kick though lol.. Hence us wanting Jarrad Waite andhopefully more, maybe a tall defender and some size in the mids. Dunno. But thats my opinion. Thankyou.

you still have not answered the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back