Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roopassion

Team Captain
Aug 26, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Cheers RF08, although I also like Ahern I think he'll be gone by us well and truely. That's why I like De Goey he should be there and looks a great pick.

Deadeyeroo

Cancelled
May 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
yes but crikey wouldn't you be happy if Panos was anywhere near as good as tinker, and you got him in the fourth rnd.

Maybe be worthy of a rookie spot seeing he is only 23, certainly could do a lot worse I guess. Is a big bodied midfielder of whom we only really have Ziebell.

Maybe research your posts in future.

What's that on your chin?

Its your neglect in not doing your own research, tastes good too.

Last edited:

Deadeyeroo

Cancelled
May 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hope we take Reece McKenzie with our 1st pick. You only see these type of forwards come up maybe 3 or 4 times every 10 years if that and we really need a big key forward go into the next 10 years desperately. Even if he needs 3 - 4 years to come up to speed we have got the time but after next year will be too late.

Ben Cavarra is another I would like to see given a chance. Here is a kid who has won everything B&F's, Morrish medal, captained premierships, yet he is continuously overlooked. He is one of the hardest trainers you could ever see and would be a perfect replacement for when Boomer retires. I really hope someone picks him up because here is a guy thats just hungry for it.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Maybe be worthy of a rookie spot seeing he is only 23, certainly could do a lot worse I guess. Is a big bodied midfielder of whom we only really have Ziebell.

we are only getting Turners with our rookie spots from here on in, bottom age superstars that get missed in the draft because they are too young. now that should be easy.:)

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hope we take Reece McKenzie with our 1st pick. You only see these type of forwards come up maybe 3 or 4 times every 10 years if that and we really need a big key forward go into the next 10 years desperately. Even if he needs 3 - 4 years to come up to speed we have got the time but after next year will be too late.

I just read http://boundforglorynews.com/2014-draft-profile-reece-mckenzie/ not sure about "The sum of all the parts means he could easily be one of the best key forwards this year, but he struggles to put it all together." does that sound like a first rounder?

Deadeyeroo

Cancelled
May 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
These are his stats this year in TAC cup and going by these stats as a key forward he's easily a 1st rounder. Look at the marks column averaging nearly 7 marks a game with 6 shots at goal a game.

Attachments

• Stats.jpg
    Stats.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 3

GremlinCRHF

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Southampton Football Club
I just read http://boundforglorynews.com/2014-draft-profile-reece-mckenzie/ not sure about "The sum of all the parts means he could easily be one of the best key forwards this year, but he struggles to put it all together." does that sound like a first rounder?
It sounds like a first rounder for a club desperate on a key position forward. We turned Lindsay's goal kicking around (sort of) why can't we do it to this bloke as well, he sounds pretty impressive.

GremlinCRHF

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Southampton Football Club
I like Vickers-Willis as a 2nd rounder if he is there
He did go All Australian but his size means he'll never be a key defender but that's where he's played most of his junior footy, could be a really handy lock down defender and could swap with Lukey, Atley, and Mullet through the midfield if they need a break, 2nd rounder would be as high as I'd consider him though. Was more hoping he'd slip to 3rd if we could upgrade our 3rd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlueRoos

Club Legend
Feb 13, 2007
Arden Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
These are his stats this year in TAC cup and going by these stats as a key forward he's easily a 1st rounder. Look at the marks column averaging nearly 7 marks a game with 6 shots at goal a game.

From my understanding, a doubt with Reece McKenzie is whether he is a bit of a one trick pony at TAC level due to his size and whether he can translate his game to an AFL level where he will face much bigger defenders. Certainly a question for those who watch the TAC closely.

SnowRoo

Premiership Player
Feb 2, 2011
Berwick
AFL Club
North Melbourne
From my understanding, a doubt with Reece McKenzie is whether he is a bit of a one trick pony at TAC level due to his size and whether he can translate his game to an AFL level where he will face much bigger defenders. Certainly a question for those who watch the TAC closely.

As a 1st rounder id be uncomfortable with McKenzie, when the opportunity cost could be a Marckbank/Gooey/Menadue/Lamb.

As a 2nd i'm all for it but one would think a Bullies or Blues would be seeing things the same :(

On Cavarra:
I was keen on him for a rookie spot last year, but hey no complaints about tippo and Kayne. Id happily throw a late pick or rookie spot on him :)

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Dont think any of these were de-listed so not sure they are valid examples
Exactly what I was thinking so you just teabagged yourself.

Yawn.

Martin Pike - delisted by North Melbourne 2000. 3 flags for Brisbane 2001-2003.

Stewart Dew - fair play. Retired for Port 2006. Flag for Hawthorn 2008.

Luke Ball - delisted by St Kilda 2009. Flag for Collingwood 2010.

Jonathan Simpkin - delisted by Sydney 2007, delisted by Geelong 2012. Flag for Hawthorn 2013.

Leigh Brown - delisted by North Melbourne 2008. Flag for Collingwood 2010.

You've now learned something so the chin dribble wasn't in vain.

Daniel Currie say hi

Taylor Hine says hi

Ben McKinley say hi

Cameron Richardson say hi

Will Sierakowski say hi

Brad Moran says hi

Ben Davies says hi

Sam Power says hi

Jonathon Hay says hi

And there only from the last 9 years at our club not some other club.

That doesn't make any sense. 6 of them were trades. 1 was a 1st time draftee. Which leaves 1 (Taylor Hine) player actually drafted by another club after delisting. What was your point?

Anyway that's the end of this sub-topic for me. Peace/out.

How do you figure that?? And why are you taking out their father son???

Without compensation picks:

1. St Kilda
2. Melbourne
3. GWS
4. Brisbane
5. Western Bulldogs
6. Carlton
7. Gold Coast
8. Collingwood (Darcy Moore)
9. Adelaide
10. West Coast
11. Richmond
12. Essendon
13. Fremantle
14. Geelong
15. North Melbourne
16. Port Adelaide
17. Sydney/Hawthorn
18. Hawthorn/Sydney

Add in the Pick 3 Melbourne are likely to get for Frawley, and everyone except St Kilda & Melbourne gets pushed down a spot.

Therefore, 16. Collingwood's father son won't be a live pick, because they'll have committed to Darcy Moore with their first pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back