List Mgmt. 2014 AFL Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Under the right conditions the utensil is the personification of a slider.
Indeed.

He seems to have really stood up in the eyes of recruiters in the last few weeks with his ability to penetrate the game the way he does. That kind of play really takes balls.

GarnerSmash

10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
But does he cover the same role Wood is being groomed for?
I think Wood will look to penetrate more around the back of defences, popping up in places they don't expect, or are uncomfortable in dealing with, with the utensil straight down the middle, using his searing pace.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I think Wood will look to penetrate more around the back of defences, popping up in places they don't expect, or are uncomfortable in dealing with, with the utensil straight down the middle, using his searing pace.

Fair points, that's probably how we'd need to play it.

Drafting utensil may mean a bit of a rejig to the lineup though.

You'd seriously consider throwing Swallow into the square to finish off the midfield work of these guys.

GarnerSmash

Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Fair points, that's probably how we'd need to play it.

Drafting utensil may mean a bit of a rejig to the lineup though.

You'd seriously consider throwing Swallow into the square to finish off the midfield work of these guys.
Most definitely. Having Swallow in there really ensures a clean finish to the utensil's and Wood's hard work. He would mop up any spillages quick smart.

GarnerSmash

Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Likewise B Tron keep it clean, there are people with child like minds on here and they are very sensitive.

GarnerSmash

Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Likewise B Tron keep it clean, there are people with child like minds on here and they are very sensitive.
I have no idea what you are alluding to K4e. That post is clearly a tactical brainstorm using the strengths and weaknesses observed in utensil and Wood to stimulate discussion on the topic.

I have no idea what you are alluding to K4e. That post is clearly a tactical brainstorm using the strengths and weaknesses observed in utensil and Wood to stimulate discussion on the topic.
That's the best one out of all them, all this talk of Black and utensil has aroused Twinkletoes intellectual side.

I see Wood as one of those guys naturally who's up and about early days, possibly peaking early depending on how much action he sees. Hopefully utensil can be a firm 22 player for the full distance.
I think utensil will suffer from performance anxiety and not being able to contend with black and wood.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't think there is much value around on the delisted free agency market. Petrenko would be the only one who offers a little bit of value but there isn't much point considering our depth across the half forward line.

Lewis Johnston or McKernan could be okay rookie picks if the club feels there isn't much value around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back