List Mgmt. 2014 AFL Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The utensil isn't worth a first round pick will most likely go in the 20's so we are in a good position if we want him.
We are in the position to draft for needs. Just like Hawthorn got iSmith and Bradley Hill ahead of us, we should be able to draft players we think we need before other clubs think their position is.

On the AFL website there "expert" Cal Twomey has us taking Jarrod Garlett with our first pick.

Why would we possibly use a pick 16 on a small 177cm forward, surely that type of player can be found with much later picks...

I have not heard much of this young fella is it possible that we would take him ?

On the AFL website there "expert" Cal Twomey has us taking Jarrod Garlett with our first pick.

Why would we possibly use a pick 16 on a small 177cm forward, surely that type of player can be found with much later picks...

I have not heard much of this young fella is it possible that we would take him ?

Fills a need but not first round. Maybe our 2nd pick in round 2.

Garlett has hardly impressed me surely not.

Just need someone with a surname of Suck between Swallow and Black.

What about a bench of Crouch Swallow Black utensil, a bit of ball winning ability there :)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can discount the father son's to suit your argument, but at the end of the day they would all have gone first round.

Obviously their is a risk with every type you pick but in my opinion most elite key forwards go high.
Yes you get the odd diamond in the rough latter in the draft, but you're going to waste a lot more picks going for a bargain compared to using a higher pick.
It may turn out that pick 16 is to late for an elite, but that does is prove my point more that all the best forwards go early.
Not sure what hale, McIntosh and Hansen have to do with this conversation. Two are first option ruckmen and one was drafted as a backmen and is a backmen.
Let's not forget there are plenty of midfield flops also.
At the end of the day if I was going to play the percentages and get a key forward I would use a high pick. If we don't have the right pick then wait or use an alternative path such as trade or FA which we have.

Cal had utensil going to WCE.

No mention of McKenzie with any teams 1st pick.
Looking at the needs of teams I would say we are safe to pick up McKenzie at 25. Most clubs will go mids in 1st 25 picks with the obvious elite KPP to go around 4 & 5. Essendon has the luxury of 2 picks B4 our pick 25 but I would think they will go for mids with both picks. They have some good talls and I can't see them risking either of the 2 picks on another tall.
We will only go another mid at 25 if one of the fancied picks slips in order on the day. We will then risk waiting until 36 for McKenzie.

Wouldn't mind seeing fishy up forward for stints.

Adams Wood Swallow Black Mullet Majak utensil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back