List Mgmt. 2014 AFL Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

1. has anyone ever improved their kicking
all you can do is mask it and play to your other strengths eg our Captain

2. an NT bloke who says he wants to play for Port
Given we cldnt hold on to a jewish bloke cockatoo wld hang around about as long as you cld say danielmotlop

Go local Go tall Go R McKenzie

Interested in what people think of Damien Cavka. A running machine in the Sam Gibson mould,the kid's got a 16.7. Beep test which is elite. He's not blindingly quick but is fast enough,there is a bit of a knock on his disposal,like Gibbo,but there's not much else to dislike. Seems to be moving up the charts a bit but 16 is probably too early and I think we have someone in mind for 25 ( a McKenzie or Oscar maybe) but if he's there at 36 we should grab him.

You can't go wrong with any in the first group.

Ahern and Weller are more proven, Cockatoo would be ballsy with those two still on the board, I really rate Duggan as well, but I wouldn't mind us taking a few risks at this draft, we've played it pretty safe over the last 5 years, Duggan is the safest of those picks to be at worst a solid 100+ player.

Weller and utensil have the potential, in my eyes to be number one mids at their drafted clubs in 10 years.

Ahern has the potential to be a 20d/1.5g type.

Ahern and Weller would play a lot of footy next year.

I like Langford the least of that top list.
Liked for agreement. I hadn't looked at Ahern's highlights until it was rumoured he could slip. Still love for us to land Cockatoo, but this guy really looks the goods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he'll last. butchers it by foot.
I was thinking his kickng to advantage was elite in his highlights! Not sure what u saw! Never seen him live though
Yeah, very loopy kicks with lots of hang time I thought. He found the mark in a highlights package (47% de still gives you something), but you'd expect that in a highlights package.

Picture of Clem Smith's foster family. ;)

1416775436490.jpg

Interesting story, here.

Picture of Clem Smith's foster family. ;)

1416775436490.jpg

Interesting story, here.
Great read. And looking at that photo can imagine he developed his tackling skills at home. Some big lads there. I reckon LT would love to have Clem Smith at the club. If we picked his up, the soft North would be gone forever. Turner in the forward half, Smith in the back half. Cunners and JZ in the middle. Hmmmmmm.

1. has anyone ever improved their kicking
all you can do is mask it and play to your other strengths eg our Captain

2. an NT bloke who says he wants to play for Port
Given we cldnt hold on to a jewish bloke cockatoo wld hang around about as long as you cld say danielmotlop

Go local Go tall Go R McKenzie
Which Jewish bloke we couldn't hold on to?
I thought Goldy was the only one, and he is very much staying...

Thanks for posting that Kimbo.

It would only be right that the Christies see Clem end up at the club of their choice and the pictures make it pretty clear which club that is.

Love the way he goes about his footy in the vids to date, think our side could do with the spark he provides.

Turner in the forward half, Smith in the back half.

This was my first thought too. Both wrecking balls who can also get it and bolt off. Likey x1000.

Thanks for posting that Kimbo.

It would only be right that the Christies see Clem end up at the club of their choice and the pictures make it pretty clear which club that is.

Love the way he goes about his footy in the vids to date, think our side could do with the spark he provides.
He's not one I'm particularly keen on, but we could do worse.

It's the one knock - he is very fast. He would nearly go in the top 15 if he had good foot skills. I would be happy to bring him in. There was question marks on Atleys kicking and that is now a non issue.

i was taking the piss about his kicking, its not elite but he seems reliable. I know he has bad kicking efficiency according to champion data but I wouldn't take that as gospel considering the count of inside ball he wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back