Who do you want to win?

• Sydney

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just wanted to congratulate Hawthorn for getting the job done two years in a row.
I have a lot of respect for this club and the way they go about it.
No fuss just super successful.

My wish is that the Pies could be as good if not better!

1990 to 2010 is not good enough for me.....I wish our players thought the same way!

Sydney should be ashamed of themselves. A disgusting performance. We are all losers because of this result. Now they will say money cannot by success and the heat will be taken off the extra payments in their salary cap.

Port Adelaide should have been premiers.....

He didn't give Luke Hodge a vote. Clearly BOG. Not a vote.

He wasnt CLEARLY the best on ground. Hodge 10, Lewis 9 and Mitchell 9 votes. I thought Lewis and Mitchell were better than Hodge in the 1st half when the game was decided.

Hawks had a number of players who could be BOG. Lewis, Mitchell, Hodge and Gibson were the best players and all worthy of a Norm Smith today. Gibson got 30 pos playing on the best fwd in the comp, pretty good effort.

Last edited:
Sydney should be ashamed of themselves. A disgusting performance. We are all losers because of this result. Now they will say money cannot by success and the heat will be taken off the extra payments in their salary cap.

Port Adelaide should have been premiers.....
Thats like saying St Kilda should have been premiers in 2010 because the ball bounced skew whiff in the first grand final or we shouldnt have won the grand final in 1990 because Sumich missed a goal from 20 meters out in the drawn qualifying final. I despise Hawthorn but they killed it today. No one could have beaten them the way they played

Congrats to the Hawks, absolutely clinical. Swans should be gutted as I think this years Premiership had their name written all over it.

No issue with Buckley's NSM voting. I had Hill, Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and Langford all as deserving winners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a fair roast. If this is the guy who is supposed to manage our talent, how the heck doesn't he recognise the best on ground in the grand final. Maybe he's a s**t judge of talent….which would explain a s**t load regarding the past 3 years.
It's not like he forgot about Hodge, he was talked up all game. Bucks analysed the game then gave the votes accordingly, maybe he is just smarter than us and all the non coaches doing the votes?

Personally would have had; 3 - Mitchell, 2 - Hodge, 1 - Lewis. But I haven't been around the game for 30 years and coached an AFL club.

Some of this is over the top. Is every action or utterance of Bucks' to be analysed to the nth degree, for evidence of his poor judgement, which can then be used to justify the argument that he cant coach? Has there been another Collingwood person - or any footy person for that matter - who has been so subjected to scrutiny?

Well done to the Hawks, loved watching how they went about, clinical, hard at it, didn't leave anything inside the dressing rooms.
Am kicking my self slight as although I never bet on football, wanted to put $10 on Hodge and for the Hawks to win by more than 36 points but of course didn't.
I too was surprised as I had Lewis, Hodge, Mitchell and Langford but mainly between Lewis and Hodge.
That's how I want us to play, to borrow from Carlton, "no passengers". Even a three quarter fit Rioli gave heaps with his tackling and handball.

Some of this is over the top. Is every action or utterance of Bucks' to be analysed to the nth degree, for evidence of his poor judgement, which can then be used to justify the argument that he cant coach? Has there been another Collingwood person - or any footy person for that matter - who has been so subjected to scrutiny?

Nup....cos the internet wasn't around to give the muppets such a loud voice. This stuff used to be confined to the social club or the pub, and even then half of it went down the toilet!

and incidentally a lot of the "loud BS" used to get blokes a knock on the nose, so they learned pretty quickly to keep their barbs to themselves. here they become legends in their own lunch boxes.

It's damn embarrassing that this thread turned into a Buckley hatefest because he didn't choose Hodge as his BOG.

Who gives a *, and how is that even linkable to his role as coach?

Absurd.

I thought it was a good first half but I lost interest early into the third quarter, geez they've got good foot skills
Gary Buesey played well early and helped set them up, I thought.

Don't know who should've won the Norm though as I didn't watch the entire game.

As Norm Smith said to the Collingwood players after 1958:

"I hate you bastards but by God I admire you!"

I hate Hawthorn. Mainly because of their toss bag supporters who act like the spoiled rich kids who've had too many Christmas toys - but geez you have to admire them as a club.

They just get all the off field stuff right with a minimum of fuss and fanfare and as long as I can remember, they just nail every opportunity they get in the Grand Finals (which as a Pie fan has always made me jealous as hell) I would love to see the Pies borrow from their blueprint. They've made a mockery of COLA - the Swans weren't in the same stratosphere yesterday - and given their fans something to live off for the next ten years.

The other thing they deserve credit for is finding a good blueprint and following through on it. It wasn't so long ago that everyone was questioning Hawthorns precision kicking style as being unsuitable for finals footy. Boy have they buried that theory. Clarkson deserves credit for his resilience and leadership, Hodge and Lewis are pretty modest blokes and great leaders and every champion side gets a boost former the fountain of youth - Langford had a superb finals series. Getting rid of Kennett was also a great Club decision.

Come on Collingwood, we have the will and the resources, lets hunt them down. The next stripey, feathery premiership needs to be in black and white!!

As Norm Smith said to the Collingwood players after 1958:
They just get all the off field stuff right with a minimum of fuss and fanfare and as long as I can remember, they just nail every opportunity they get in the Grand Finals (which as a Pie fan has always made me jealous as hell)

Geelong is another club that gets it right, so why can't we?

I think Hawthorn as a club, their players, management, coaches, everything are ******* fantastic and I absolute congratulate them. I watched some of the most awesome footy I have watched from an entire team in I do not know how long.
BUT.....their supporters on BF are the most arrogant shitheads....I can only post here....I actually was going to the main board and maybe theirs....no ******* way.
Flip that around (yeah, I know only VFL), Doggies were so wrapped at any accolades on their VFL win....on their board, our board, main board...etc.

Back