• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Rams, Raptors, Leafs, Blue Jays
So this time next week the 2014 AFL season will be completed and while our beloved Magpies failed to make the Grand Final we have arguably the two best teams of the year.

Sydney v Hawthorn

So it's Buddy vs his old team or as some may put it COLA vs Arrogant Flogs.

It looks to be a cracking game and if it's half as good as the 2012 Grand Final then I think we're in for a good one.

Last edited:
For me the COLA doesn't bother me, any team (us included) wouldn't knock back an extra $900k in the cap from the AFL if they gave it to us. So I don't begrudge Sydney for taking it.

I can't tolerate the smug arrogance of Hawthorn, from the club, to its staff, players, ex-players and supporters. It's like they're entitled to to glory, F off, they get away with the behaviour we get slammed for.

I know a lot of Hawthorn supporters and I can count on one hand the amount of them that aren't smug arrogant tossers.

So for that reason it's Sydney all the way!

Will be backing Sydney simply from a total premierships won point of view.
COLA really annoys me but I don't want the Hawks to get one premiership closer to our total flags won.

I will watch, because it will be some awesome footy to watch; but, I despise Hawks (personal reasons, and horrid fans) and I will never respect any team that has been propped up by the AFL... I wish they could both lose.:drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I expect sydney to destroy them 2bh. They are playing fantastic and buddy is playing the best he ever has.. Hawks will have to pull one out the ass to win this

I used to hate Buddy because like the OP says I am one who refers to Hawthorn as "arrogant flogs". Buddy was the head of the flog brigade and now that's he's gone a) he's still a flog but b) at least he isn't helping Hawthorn be successful therefore I hope he dominates them and the Cost Of Living Allowance AFL Swans win the premiership.

Sydney all the way. Please!!!!! Been to a few Swans games this year including both finals (we live up this way) and they are one cracking team. I tend to always go for the Swans in their games - apart from when we play them of course!! Buddy looks so much better now he is out of those disgusting colours.

So - go Swans.

Sydney to be too good in a close one by 3 points.

Dan Hannebery BOG Norm Smith 34 disposal 2 goals

Buddy to kick 5.3

Rioli to break down within first 25 minutes and Lake to miss the first 4 weeks of 2015 due to suspension.

Is that 4 weeks for Lake before or after the double loading that comes with a GF suspension?

If you were Alistair Clarkson, would you roll the dice and include Cyril?

It's a tricky one.

I'd say no. They've won a lot without him this year, also look what happened to us in 2011.

Saying that, I hope he plays, stinks it up and Sydney win.

Go Swans;

ByHAdq0CQAAoxLP.jpg

If that waste of space is going for Hawthorn it's time to barrack for the Swans.

Would love for Buddy to carve up those same smug flogs that used to jizz over him. It's hysterical now it's on the other foot.

I like the tough, uncompromising style the Swans play with the flare still there.

It is hilarious. These supporters used to blow their load all over Buddy but now he's gone they've turned like nothing else. I really hope he comes out and kicks a bag of 8+, which will break the hearts of all Hawthorn supporters.

Funny thing is, it's a big chance of happening. The bloke is a bloody freak. Have always loved watching him play.

The swans have hit red hot form at the right time. Hawthorn will take it right up to them and both sides will belt the absolute s**t out of each other. Sydney just have too much fire power to go with their hardness. Hawthorns best hope is nullifying the Sydney midfield. Easier said than done.

Sydney by 17pts is my early prediction. I hope its under a goal.

Back