Preview 2014 AFL Grand Final - Sydney vs Hawthorn, MCG, 2.30pm, Saturday Sept 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Go back and have a look at all the AFL concessions Hawthorn got while they were on the bottom of the ladder.

Sydney didn't fail all the way to the bottom of the ladder like Hawthorn did either.

The Saints should have snagged a flag with theirs.

Take a Bow Sir.

Do not go pedalling your propaganda around these parts though as most, especially Hawks supporters do not have a penchant for the truth nor for that matter reality.

Sep 15, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What's petty exactly? Think it matters to Sydney fans? They comfortably have either team's measure and know it. People are just annoyed a terrific game was somewhat spoiled by a ridiculous holding the ball decision late. Likely Hawks win anyhow if that's called a ball up and how would you have been if that went against you at that time? Speaking of petty I've seen your efforts in our game day threads and they are as embarrassingly 'petty' as they are predictable.

The game wasn't spoiled. The result you wanted was spoiled. The game was a ripper.

As for predictable, I was barracking for your lot last week.

Aug 5, 2007
Near Casey Fields
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Trailblazers and Storm
The game wasn't spoiled. The result you wanted was spoiled. The game was a ripper.

As for predictable, I was barracking for your lot last week.

Result I wanted? Can't speak for all Cats fans here but I have lived in South Australia. I like Port about as much as I like stepping on a wasp in bare feet. Thanks for last week but we're miles off it and will be for a while now. One utter spanking from the Swans is enough for this year.

The GOAT

Club Legend
Aug 28, 2007
Earth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Swans by 72.

Stronger midfield, stronger defense and they have one of the best forwards in the game's history.

Hawks looked cooked after a long, difficult season and aren't playing their best footy, while the Swans are peaking at the right time. Going to be a massacre.

Load up on the Swans at $1.70, looks a gift.

HolyWars

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Barcelona, Boca Juniors
Does Spang have the quality to match up though? There's a chance it could get ugly if it's flowing Sydney's way

He has the height and athletic ability to suit more than anyone else I can think of that we could use. As I said, I would go with Lake first.

wing it

Club Legend
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Do we think Rioli and/or Sewell will get a game next Saturday? If so, who misses out?

MagpieJo

Premium Platinum
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
It will be tough, but I would like the Hawks win to see it all blow up in Sydney's and the AFL's face.
So would we all.

Be interesting to see a decision in the dying minutes like the one tonight, go the Swans way.

I'm not saying it was planned that way, but seriously, could the AFL have planned a better finale?

The swans versus the hawks, buddy versus his old team, back to back finals

Instead of 2 Victorian teams, or worse, 2 non victoria teams and a half filled stadium.

wallyt99

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2007
Bay 13
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I thought Spangher was average today - but he generally made a contest.

Highly doubt there is anyone who could replace him at this stage. Cheney and Shoenmakers only possibilities.

Crawb

Norm Smith Medallist
SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Aug 11, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hawthorn is a close one. It's at the MCG so home ground advantage to Hawthorn (albeit it is offset a little because it is a GF, but Swans record at the MCG isn't too flash relatively speaking)

Keep the COLA crap out and personal insults out of this thread and discuss the actual Grand Final.

Thanks.

I think Sydney will go in as favourites after having an easier prelim, finishing 1st on the ladder, bookmakers/betting agencies giving them incredible odds, media will be joining in the love fest ala Fremantle last year. So the pressure will be on Sydney to back up all of the support they have behind them.

I doubt Hawthorn will go back to back even though they have some positive things on their side (eg: whenever they have had a prelim on the 20th - they have won it and the grand final the following weekend) it's going to be a tough ask. Yes Sydney play badly on the MCG and we beat them convincingly a few weeks ago, but the grand final is another kettle of fish.

wheels08

Senior List
Apr 2, 2007
Home
AFL Club
Sydney
Simpkin will be out if Rioli is fit. Sewell will be in if Lewis is out.

McEvoy for Ceglar a chance after Hale was given number 1 ruck duties in the last watt.

Massive game tomorrow for some players to show what they have got. I think Rioli will be taking it easy with that hammy. Knowing that he still has to do enough to take someones elses spot. It will be a tough balancing act

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back