Portfolio 2014 AFL Jumper Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of the posts here demonstrate a lot more sense than the clubs themselves.

Here are a couple of suggestions from me.

ST KILDA home and away/clash:
(Clash worn with white shorts qualifies as 'predominantly white')

SK-2015-4.png

MELBOURNE home and away/clash:

Melb-2015-4.png

Thanks to CaNNaVo93 for the tipoff about the template.

Last edited:

View attachment 52132

View attachment 52134

That Melbourne clash top is killer. Id like that Melbourne logo on there normal top too

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I posted them earlier in this thread:

313obo3.jpg

i2oxab.jpg
j67b49.jpg
Too much like north Adelaide

How???

View attachment 52132

View attachment 52134

Is the Saints jumper not supposed to line up?

Red and white stripes. How about with the gold coast one. a Sun around the collar?

View attachment 52132

View attachment 52134

I like them all. In fact you should send these off to the clubs for next season if you can.

I like them all. In fact you should send these off to the clubs for next season if you can.

From my experience, I really don't think anyone at any of the clubs (or certainly the AFL) is capable of thinking about these issues with anywhere near the sophistication of the posters in this thread.

In particular, look at the abomination 2014 kits of Brisbane home, Melbourne away, Adelaide away, St Kilda preseason, GWS, etc. The clubs leave this up to the manufacturers (ISC etc) who often have little appreciation of history and just pump something out (as well as identical-template jackets, polos etc for all the teams they manage). I see one missed opportunity after another.

One of few clubs to recently get a tick from me is the Bulldogs, with the return to the traditional hoops -- I think everyone would acknowledge this is an unqualified success.

Fremantle had the chance to wear purple tops in the GF, but having been asked to wear white shorts, the president CHOSE to wear white guernseys "because it matches the shorts". Considering the stink that St Kilda fans put up at 2010 GF time, to me this is unthinkable.

The case of the Demons' identity crisis is even more perplexing. They are sitting on a beautiful traditional monogram and instead commission some overpaid marketers to create the disasterous mish-mash of a crest they now have. I mean, can you imagine Carlton saying, 'our monogram is too boring, we need something with more elements?' It will never happen.

These questions are not easy for lay people but a qualified designer, with a knowledge of football history and an eye for simplicity can produce some stunning results (as demonstrated in this thread) which I am certain would also generate additional income for the clubs.

Unfortunately I have come to consider these trends to be emblematic of organisations mostly run by unintelligent ex-footballers.

I can see little hope.

Last edited:
Fremantle had the chance to wear purple tops in the GF, but having been asked to wear white shorts, the president CHOSE to wear white guernseys because it matches the shorts". Considering the stink that St Kilda fans put up at 2010 GF time, to me this is unthinkable.
Well said, all of it - except the above IMO. I think Fremantle stuck by their guns and said "these are both our guernseys, they both say Fremantle, and they are equal as Fremantle guernseys. We have a purple kit and a white kit, and when we've worn half-half kit's it not been our choice but the AFL's." They could only say this BECAUSE they had a good design for both of them.
St Kilda should have, as the lower-ranked team, sucked it up. Wanna wear your own guernsey in a Grand Final against a team with a similar colour base? Win more games.
Considering the stink that St Kilda fans put up at 2010 GF time, I think Fremantle were the "better man" and made a decision which cemented what they wanted to say - "Purple or white, AFL, not both, thanks."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Roosters are in the SANFL, Suns are in the AFL.
2. They wear red with a white V now. Why would that be a problem.
3. South Adelaide and Carlton? Essendon and Westies?
And finally....

4. No one cares.

1. Roosters are in the SANFL, Suns are in the AFL.
2. They wear red with a white V now. Why would that be a problem.
3. South Adelaide and Carlton? Essendon and Westies?
And finally....

4. No one cares.
I'm not saying teams don't have the same colours but we need originality in tops.

I'm not saying teams don't have the same colours but we need originality in tops.

That idea is original. They are the suns and their is a sun on the jumper.

That idea is original. They are the suns and their is a sun on the jumper.
I'm not bagging the design. It's a good design. I just feel too many tops look the same. Not intended to put down someones designs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back