2014 AFL U18 Championships

Remove this Banner Ad

Ch

Check out his games this year in both AFL and SANFL. His kicking is fine. His tank is heaps better. Absolutley worth a top 10 in this draft. In 5 years time when the "Redo the 2013 draft" threads are in full effect he will be in the top 10 of most peoples lists.

I agree his kicking is coming along fine - however it wasn't last year, that's the point I was making.

Crouch has had the advantage of working on his kicking in an AFL environment.

Obviously you have no idea. Impey playing in a top 4 team and plays week in week out, Crouch cannot make a bottom ten team.

Boyd a KPP that I am sure will be better than Crouch in 4 years time.

Crouch a guy that almost makes Palmer look like a gun kick.

You clearly have no idea. :)
I'm taking your post as comedy relief, as it cant be taken seriously. Let me put it to you this way. Adelaides midfield includes Dangerfield, Sloane, Brad Crouch, Douglas, Thompson. Unlike Carlton the Crows have a talented Midfield. If Matt Crouch played for a team with a Weak midfield like say, Carlton, he would be leading your B&F.
Your gonna look like an idiot in a year or two lol.

I agree his kicking is coming along fine - however it wasn't last year, that's the point I was making.

Crouch has had the advantage of working on his kicking in an AFL environment.
Crouch was injured for a lot of 2013 and didn't get to play in the Champs or a lot of the TAC cup. Every single kid has knocks on his game as a Jr, none come in with perfect skills. Crouch isn't any different. Bontempelli was considered a project that player by some people, but his physical traits for a mid gave him bonus points.
Crouch was highly rated the year before he was eligible for the draft and had injuries the year of his draft which made him slip.
The kids gonna be a gun. Egg will be on face.

I'm taking your post as comedy relief, as it cant be taken seriously. Let me put it to you this way. Adelaides midfield includes Dangerfield, Sloane, Brad Crouch, Douglas, Thompson. Unlike Carlton the Crows have a talented Midfield. If Matt Crouch played for a team with a Weak midfield like say, Carlton, he would be leading your B&F.
Your gonna look like an idiot in a year or two lol.

Did I mention Carlton or a Carlton player in my post? So you're struggling to come up with a valid argument so you attack the person not the topic. :) Classic losers argument.

Crouch was injured for ages and surely now that Thompson is injured that gun in Crouch will get a game, SURELY!

Obviously you have no idea. Impey playing in a top 4 team and plays week in week out, Crouch cannot make a bottom ten team.

Boyd a KPP that I am sure will be better than Crouch in 4 years time.

Crouch a guy that almost makes Palmer look like a gun kick.

You clearly have no idea. :)

Bah pot and kettle on the no idea business ;)

Crouch always came into this year with two things to work on being his kicking and his engine. 2014 was always going to be about development and addressing those issues. I did think he would get more games but they have taken a conservative approach and are making him work on his issues in the SANFL.

He reminds me a bit of Rockliff when he came into the league and like Rockliff I am expecting him to be a ball magnet for Adelaide for many years to come and to steadily build his engine and skill base. There is already a significant improvement in both and no reason for that not to continue. Now if only the same thing could be said for Cripps :p

Bah pot and kettle on the no idea business ;)

Crouch always came into this year with two things to work on being his kicking and his engine. 2014 was always going to be about development and addressing those issues. I did think he would get more games but they have taken a conservative approach and are making him work on his issues in the SANFL.

He reminds me a bit of Rockliff when he came into the league and like Rockliff I am expecting him to be a ball magnet for Adelaide for many years to come and to steadily build his engine and skill base. There is already a significant improvement in both and no reason for that not to continue. Now if only the same thing could be said for Cripps :p
I agree. He has had some big games in the SANFL this year, and when put together with his good work when elevated to the AFL he has been really good. He has not disappointed at all.
SANFL form
Round 13 - Second best on ground. 25 disposals, five tackles, five inside 50ms, one goal
Round 12 - BOG. 42 disposals, 13 clearances, three tackles
Round 11 - BOG. 35 disposals, five marks, nine clearances, five inside 50ms
Round 9 - BOG. 31 disposals, seven clearances, five marks, five tackles
Round 8 - 24 disposals, three tackles, three clearances

His tank has really improved as has his kicking.

Samuel Bevan has kicked 11 goals in two weeks for Claremont colts. Benefiting from Claremont's superior supply from Waterman, Reid and Baum.

WA's poor ball movement didn't do him any favours. Will be interesting to see how well he finishes off the season.

Hardisty and Lim have gone up to Reserve level, both performed really well last week with Hardisty close to BoG.

What's with Hardisty's (almost round) build? When I first saw him at the champs I thought someone was taking the piss putting him out there (only from a build perspective- hadn't heard anything about him prior to that).

Just built that way. Gets his frame from his dad.

As a 16 year old he was big at around 177cm and 80kg, and he's added more bulk than he has height. But apparently he runs a 15.5 beep test which is insane given his shape and his speed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just built that way. Gets his frame from his dad.

As a 16 year old he was big at around 177cm and 80kg, and he's added more bulk than he has height. But apparently he runs a 15.5 beep test which is insane given his shape and his speed.

One of the few WA players that gave 100% effort week in week out.

One of the few WA players that gave 100% effort week in week out.

Another 27 disposals at reserves level today.

This was Hardisty's frame at 16 yo.
3DJgLJU.png

Last edited:
Crouch will play plenty. Ludicrous some of those names listed as 10 better. Boyd. My god. He might be the best talent of the lot but as far as what has been shown as was the statement, he's shown nothing bar this week. Crouch has shown it, especially in the SANFL. He will be the long term Scott Thompson replacement in our midfield and will regular rack up 40+ touches with 10+ clearances and god knows how many contested possessions. He will come on, even more than I thought he would from when I viewed him as a junior. I rated him moderately highly then, I rate him significantly highly now.

Crouch will play plenty. Ludicrous some of those names listed as 10 better. Boyd. My god. He might be the best talent of the lot but as far as what has been shown as was the statement, he's shown nothing bar this week. Crouch has shown it, especially in the SANFL. He will be the long term Scott Thompson replacement in our midfield and will regular rack up 40+ touches with 10+ clearances and god knows how many contested possessions. He will come on, even more than I thought he would from when I viewed him as a junior. I rated him moderately highly then, I rate him significantly highly now.
Rhys Palmer won the Rising Star award. We wouldn't chuck Henderson at the Giants for Palmer.

Game favours bigger mid and flankers unless they have poise and skill like Murphy, Yarran, Rich, Hill, etc. Look at what Bontempelli and Menzel have done one out. Their hands are pr0n.
Backing MAtt Crouch in to play a few more AFL games than the majority on here
Leroy Jetta has played 93 games.

Rhys Palmer won the Rising Star award. We wouldn't chuck Henderson at the Giants for Palmer.

Game favours bigger mid and flankers unless they have poise and skill like Murphy, Yarran, Rich, Hill, etc. Look at what Bontempelli and Menzel have done one out. Their hands are pr0n.

Didn't know Leroy was on Bigfooty

"Hi Leroy"

Yarran has an occasional good game. If Crouch does not have a better career than Yarran I would be disappointed.

Crouch will be an inside beast. He will give his team first use of the ball. His hands are pr0n as well in his ability to win the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back