2014 ATP Masters 1000/WTA Premier: Indian Wells

Remove this Banner Ad

The first of the big Masters 1000 events starts at Indian Wells this week as well as the premier event for the women. It's one of my favourite events and should be interesting how the shake-up continues after Stan's AO win. With the 96 draw, play doesn't start until Thursday for the women and Friday for the men. Ferrer is missing at the moment for the men and Serena and Venus for the womens.

Coverage starts on Friday as far as streaming goes, for the men's it is next Monday on ESPN and Fox will show it's crappy 2 QF's onwards of the women. Genereally because of the timezon, coverage starts 5-6am and goes all day.

I'll post links to draws and schedule when they come out.

Love this tournament. In a good time zone for me to watch aswell. The womens qualifying draw is out here is the Aussies section:

(4) Dellacqua Vs Tatishvili
Konta Vs (17) Martic

(10) Govortsova Vs Rogowska
Czink Vs (18) Hiseh

(12) Babos Vs Kudryavtseva
(WC) Rodionova Vs (22) Van Uytvanck

Casey really should qualify here. Liv will lose round one. Rodionova has a good chance to qualify but who knows with her. The cut off for the womens qualifying draw is 129 where is the mens is gonna be in the 600's!

Casey really should qualify here. Liv will lose round one. Rodionova has a good chance to qualify but who knows with her. The cut off for the womens qualifying draw is 129 where is the mens is gonna be in the 600's!

Kokkansis ended up making the qualy draw directly.

Always love this stretch of tournaments in IW/Miami, just watch on ESPN and all set

Quite hard to pick a winner on the men's side. All the top guys have a little asterix against them right now. I hope Dimitrov continues his form and goes on a long run. Would be good to see a new star in men's tennis. I think he has the potential to do that now that he seems fit enough to play long matches.

Dellacqua and Rogowska won their 1st round qualy matches. If they win their next match they are in. Dellacqua plays Konta and Rogowska plays Czink. Hopefully one of them qualfiies and joins Sam in the main draw. While the main draw is out:

http://www.wtatennis.com/singles-draws/tournamentId/543/round/1/rangeStart/33/rangeEnd/48

Sam plays the winner of Schiavone/Barthel in the 2nd round, Pennetta in the 3rd and then Sharapova in the 4th. Fairly tough draw.

And the men's qualy draw has come out, here's who they play:

Kokkansis vs. Lajovic - Gets the 2nd seed, bit unfortunate, not sure he'll get through this
Reid vs. Thiem - Yeah, nah.
Groth vs. Kozlov - Kozlov is a good up and comer, I sadly expect Sam to lose this.
Smith vs. Osednik - Not the worst draw but Wayne should grit this one out more than likely.

Dellacqua and Rogowska won their 1st round qualy matches. If they win their next match they are in. Dellacqua plays Konta and Rogowska plays Czink. Hopefully one of them qualfiies and joins Sam in the main draw. While the main draw is out:

http://www.wtatennis.com/singles-draws/tournamentId/543/round/1/rangeStart/33/rangeEnd/48

Sam plays the winner of Schiavone/Barthel in the 2nd round, Pennetta in the 3rd and then Sharapova in the 4th. Fairly tough draw.

And the men's qualy draw has come out, here's who they play:

Kokkansis vs. Lajovic - Gets the 2nd seed, bit unfortunate, not sure he'll get through this
Reid vs. Thiem - Yeah, nah.
Groth vs. Kozlov - Kozlov is a good up and comer, I sadly expect Sam to lose this.
Smith vs. Osednik - Not the worst draw but Wayne should grit this one out more than likely.
Not one but both of them ended up qualifying.
JP Smith and Groth also made it through to the final round of qualifying.

Casey drew McHale and will play tomorrow. Liv got Donna Vekic. Both tough ones. I give Liv a shot at winning. Hewitt and Ebden play each other. And Marinko plays Klahn.

Good effort from the Aussies this morning. Yeah, Liv might actually have a shot at winning a round now.

Good draw for Marinko, he really should beat Klahn and then he faces Robredo who he has played here before. Hewitt will beat Ebden easily

Nice wins by Groth and Smith, Groth plays Kukushkin and Smith play Haase in the main draw. Great effort by both.

Fantastic win by Casey as well, not sure who she has in the 2nd round but mchale is coming off a good week so great result.

Lleyton plays Ebden on centre court tomorrow, about 10am our time. Rogowska plays Vekic as well

Is this going to be on Fox? Nothing seems to be coming up on the guide :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice wins by Groth and Smith, Groth plays Kukushkin and Smith play Haase in the main draw. Great effort by both.

Fantastic win by Casey as well, not sure who she has in the 2nd round but mchale is coming off a good week so great result.

Lleyton plays Ebden on centre court tomorrow, about 10am our time. Rogowska plays Vekic as well
Flipkens again, and i think she's even a seeded player in that section.:eek:

Is this going to be on Fox? Nothing seems to be coming up on the guide :eek:

Monday on ESPN. For some reason, they aren't starting on Sunday as they usually do. And even worse, this year the live streaming actually kick off tomorrow, I'll be using tennistv.com for the next few days

Liv lost 6-0 7-5. Dissapointing given Vekic has been in pretty bad form. Hewitt beat Ebden in 3. Plays Kevin Anderson next. Could go either way Anderson would be favourite though.

I know Matty is not a great matchup for Lleyton because lack of pace but 3 sets? Really? Only saw the tiebreaker and ebden gave it away with a couple of double faults. Not sure he'll get through Anderson if he is not playing well, Anderson is a better matchup but Kevin is playing great tennis.

I guess disappointing for Rogowska but her qualifying for these tournaments is a step up.

Matosevic 2nd on stadium 1 tomorrow against Klahn. Smith gets a tv court as well (oddly enough he didn't at AO last year but he does here) against Haase, 5th on Stadium 3. Groth plays Kukushkin and Dellacqua plays Flipkens on the outside courts.

Groth lost in a 3rd set tiebreaker this morning, disappointing going to play a few challengers now, hope the results start coming there.

Matosevic beat Klahn 6-4, 6-4. It wasn't impressive but he got through it, can't show the attitude he did today against Robredo in the enxt round.

Why isn't Matosevic in the Davis Cup team? Is it his attitude? Id still take him ahead of Tomic in that regard

Why isn't Matosevic in the Davis Cup team? Is it his attitude? Id still take him ahead of Tomic in that regard

Attiude yeah, problem is he never believes in himself and you feel like he's battling himself more than the opponent. And then of course Pat Rafter doesn't seem to like and that means you can spend the rest of time in hell as far as he is concerned. I'd take a fit Tomic even with the attitude.

Saw that Azarenka result, laughed. Watched the highlights, took it back, she basically played the match on one leg. I don't like the matchup for casey against Vinci but we'll see.

Hewitt 2nd on stadium 2 tomorrow morning and then Sammy after that.

Hewitt lost 7-6, 6-4. Close and he played pretty well but Anderson is striking it fantastic at the moment. Shoulder didn't seem to be affected so that's promising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back