2014 ATP World Tour 250/500 series

Remove this Banner Ad

Had to work last night so recorded this. Recorded it on 7Two instead of Seven, of course change it the last minute. Annoyed I go check who the score to see who won, then laughed, I don't need to watch that.

Had to work last night so recorded this. Recorded it on 7Two instead of Seven, of course change it the last minute. Annoyed I go check who the score to see who won, then laughed, I don't need to watch that.

Missed the first set because of this as well. It is annoying considering the whole summer's coverage of the tennis has been on 7Two so far.

Missed the first set because of this as well. It is annoying considering the whole summer's coverage of the tennis has been on 7Two so far.

The recording of Mr Bean may have been more entertaining than the match anyway haha

Is Hewitt a sneaky chance of a seeding at the French Open? Or will he not play many lead up events?

There's only one player in the top 100 that's played less tournaments in the past year than Hewitt (19) and that's Djokovic (18).

I'd say its possible, he doesn't have a whole lot of points to defend really but obivously he'll have to do well in this American hard court swing. The other thing is that his ranking will now get him into Rome and Madrid most likely which is good as one or two wins there will help but at the same time these tournies are mantadory so if he lost first round at both, they have to count to his ranking although that shouldn't matter considering he has played so few although it might later in the year.

See how he goes

Memphis draw has come out and they were nice enough to give Kyrgios a wildcard. Here are who they facing:

Hewitt has a bye, plays the winner of Baghdatis and a qualifer in the 2nd
Kyrgios has a nice draw, Smyczek in the first and then the winner of Prysiezny and Russell, he can beat those players if he plays well.
Matosevic is seeded 5th and plays Czech Vesely, up and coming player (don't know much about him) and then the winner of Sock/Mannarino.
Ebden faces Karlovic and if he manages to win that, Lopez the 2nd seed is waiting in the 2nd round

I actually fancy everybody's chances. Hewitt can beat Baghdatis/most qualifiers, Kyrgios can beat all three of those players (although Russell may pose a challenge), Matosevic at his best can take out all three of those without too much issue, and Ebden matches up extremely well with Ivo. Nice draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This Daniel Brands is a horrible returner, he is a Ivo Karlovic clone but without the monstorous serve

Yeah, really bad loss. i was hoping he would be pumped after an alright summer (despite the first round AO loss) but that is very, very bad. Didn't see it but I'm sure angry marinko would of been out. Made the semis when it was a 500 event too last year.

Kyrgios about to play now for anyone who is home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back