2014 ATP World Tour 250/500 series

Remove this Banner Ad

Nowdays, Memphis Lleyton is a lot different to grand slam lleyton.

Kokkansis lost to Kavcic in Marseile 6-4, 6-2. Supposedly he got outplayed, i don't rate Kavcic that highly so disappointing but chalk that one up as a learning experience.

All 4 Aussies in Delray are playing tomorrow, these are their draws

Hewitt vs. Klahn - You would think he would win this.
Matosevic vs. Goffin - Hope he can wake up after last week's disaster
Ebden vs. Gabashvilli - Actually not a bad matchup for Matty
Groth vs. Karlovic - Hoping Ivo is tired after last week because that's the only way I see him winning this.

And Nadal plays his first match on clay this season tomorrow in Rio, faces Gimeno-Traver
Yep I think he seems to save his best for Davis Cup and the slams nowadays.

Watched Nadal/Andujar today. Pablo came out firing in the first set and took it 6-2. Nadal managed to claw his way back winning 2-6 6-3 7-6(10). He will play Dolgopolov in the final who beat Ferrer 6-4 6-4. Not sure where that form has come from.

Watched Nadal/Andujar today. Pablo came out firing in the first set and took it 6-2. Nadal managed to claw his way back winning 2-6 6-3 7-6(10). He will play Dolgopolov in the final who beat Ferrer 6-4 6-4. Not sure where that form has come from.
Dolgopolov has been to the bakery this week haha, even bageled Almagro

The 3rd set tb was a lot of fun, there's a drop shot played by Andjuar in there that was absurd. Preety poor quality match though and about 1000 times level below Rafa's best

So Nadal takes out the tittle in Brazil with a 6-3 7-6(3) win. Good week from Dologplov. Gulbis continued his good week with a 7-6(5) 6-4 win over Tsonga. And Cilic who is on fire lately won Delray Beach with a 7-6(6) 6-7(7) 6-4 win over Kevin Anderson in over 3 hours.

Accpulco is on this week David Ferrer and Andy Murray are the top seeds. Matt Ebden plays Jeremy Chardy in this first round and Marinko Matosevic plays 4th seed Grigor Dimitrov. Djokovic Fed and Del Potro are all in Dubai this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well in Rafa.

An even 4000 point lead over Djokovic in the rankings now. Almost 10000 pts clear of everyone else :eek:

Another quality Federer-Djokovic encounter just finished in Dubai. The best rivalry from this era of tennis. Unlike a certain highly publicised borefest of a rivalry, these matches are never predictable.
As a Djokovic fan, I can't help but feel sad about the result. But it's hard not to admire Fed's work today. Big call here, but that is the BEST match I've seen him play since 2006. Ridiculous ball striking in that final set and really made Djokovic break down.

ahh no worries, I thought that was the final. :)

I'm a big Dimitrov fan, love the way he goes about it.
But yer I agree about Dimitrov, he is quite likeable and I think he will break into the top 10 this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back