2014 ATP World Tour 250/500 series

Remove this Banner Ad

Matosevic beats tsonga easily. 6-2 6-4. Stepanek beats Murray, nadal loses to brown.

So just a quiet day on the tour then.

Now that Marinko has finally had a gs win, it might have released the shackles. Hope he gets a decent draw at sw19.

Murray looked like a rooster scratching around. Serve was way off, and was back to his self-critical best. Played horribly.

Good win by Matosevic. Continuing to improve. And this time only complained about two injuries!!!

I thought Marinko was in with a chance given Tsonga's form but didn't think he would win. Awesome effort. Next up Wawrinka. Murray is playing awful. Not gonna defend his Wimbledon title.

Geezuz Lopez has some amazing volleying skills. How has he not got more grass court titles? This match with Dimi is a corker. Unbelievable skills on display.

Grass court tennis :hearts:

GOOCH ALERT: The great man Chris Guccione has qualified for Eastbourne beating Brit Dan Cox in 3 sets. He plays Simon tonight, fans at Eastbourne are going to get a treat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the Gooch still first choice for doubles at Davis Cup?

Probably, Lleyton likes playing with Guccione and Guccione is at his highest doubles ranking.

So we have coverage of Eastbourne starting right now. Nice matchup first with Gasquet/Klizan. Gasquet beat Tomic last night 6-3 3-6 6-3. The commentators were just saying after the match Tomic was on court practising for a few hours. Seems crazy I know.

Awesome having Fox sports 1 and 2 covering tennis at the same time.

Don't know what it is about Gasquet - he annoys me. The perennial under achiever.

Lopez goes back to back in Eastbourne taking out the title beating Gasquet 6-3 6-7(5) 7-6. Feli can do some damage on the grass come next week.

Bautista Agut won the 's-Hertogenbosch title beating Becker 2-6 7-6(2) 6-4. He has a really solid game enjoyed watching him play.

Lopez goes back to back in Eastbourne taking out the title beating Gasquet 6-3 6-7(5) 7-6. Feli can do some damage on the grass come next week.

Bautista Agut won the 's-Hertogenbosch title beating Becker 2-6 7-6(2) 6-4. He has a really solid game enjoyed watching him play.

Lopez looks impeccable on grass. Watched the whole Gasquet match and some of the stuff he was pulling off was jaw-dropping. Net skills were sublime.

Lopez on grass is always a treat. Good luck to him at Wimby.

I like RBA as well, enjoyed seeing his rankings rise this year.

Gasquet irritates me as well. I didn't mind him prior to the cocaine thing, but haven't really liked him these last few years. Hopefully he bombs in the USO and loses all those points. That said, Gasquet on grass can be fun.

Newport, my favourite tournament of the year...:

Ebden vs. Ram
Groth vs. Young
Hewitt vs. Harrison

Hewitt really should make the quarters at least and should face Isner in the semis. This is a big chunk of points he is defending here this week so this is where it all starts. Groth and Ebden will be on live stream tomorrow morning, should come down to who's better in tiebreaks in both.

Saville has qualified too.

Yeah, looking forward to it!

From memory, Hewitt has a fair proportion of points to defend between not and October, so he'll need be be playing well (from memory, he was doing well in the USO series for a while there in 2013). Wouldn't mind some more chapters in the Hewitt-Isner minor rivalry (takes me back to Hewitt-Roddick).

Nadal has a lot of points to defend. Raonic also now has to start defending. Guys like Fed, Murray and Ferrer don't have a lot to defend.

Yeah, looking forward to it!

From memory, Hewitt has a fair proportion of points to defend between not and October, so he'll need be be playing well (from memory, he was doing well in the USO series for a while there in 2013). Wouldn't mind some more chapters in the Hewitt-Isner minor rivalry (takes me back to Hewitt-Roddick).

Nadal has a lot of points to defend. Raonic also now has to start defending. Guys like Fed, Murray and Ferrer don't have a lot to defend.

Hewitt has a bunch here, Atlanta and of course last year's mini US Open run

As far as the no.1 goes, Novak should have that for the next few months considering how amazing Rafa did last year. Fed will have a chance to close it a little, Stan has the us open semi and Murray can only really gain from here. Should be interesting how it all shakes out.

Great win from Grothy, hope he can win a couple more, there's not many weeks of the grass season

Saville got Polansky in the first round, actually winnable if he continues his grass court form. Hewitt plays tomorrow too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back