2014 ATP World Tour 250/500 series

Remove this Banner Ad

Tomic winning is making every look silly. Something isn't quite right

Not really. I think most of the tennis-mad regulars here still rated him fairly highly when fit and keen. It's not like the Bogota draw was difficult, hell, even Ebden and VEB were seeded.

BtBrtM3CAAAwPZE.jpg

Tomic snr has to follow Kyrgios snr now and wear that hat to all tournaments as a good luck charm :D

Speaking of which I watched the last half of the 3rd set and don't think John was in the Tomic entourage.

Bernie made a couple of awful misses to close the match out earlier.

The idea that there's a Colombian Open, just makes my head spin at the realisation of how big the world is. Reminds me of reading a mini report on the newspaper about Federer and Roddick playing in the Thailand Open final, sometime after competing in the Wimbledon final. "Thailand Open?" I'd say to myself.

The idea that there's a Colombian Open, just makes my head spin at the realisation of how big the world is. Reminds me of reading a mini report on the newspaper about Federer and Roddick playing in the Thailand Open final, sometime after competing in the Wimbledon final. "Thailand Open?" I'd say to myself.

The women have a WTA international tournament in Azerbaijan this week!

The weirdest place I've ever seen a tournament, albeit futures level rather than tour level, is Rwanda. There were quiet a few European players ranked 200+ in the field, led by Gerald Melzer. You'd have to be pretty desperate for ranking points to head there, that is for sure.

6 Aussies in the top 100 is great even if Ebden will be out of it soon.

Glad to see passion in Tomic's play more than anything, just watched the final, was nothing too special but it's just good to see him care, just hoping this is the start of something.

That smash he missed on match point will surely have to go as one of the funniest smash attempts of all time. Was almost sure he was trolling us.

Marinko wins his first match Atlanta 6-2 6-0 against Estrella. Was worried about that match since he hasn't played since Wimby. Ebden lost (for something different) 6-4 6-2 to Becker.

Smith lost in straight as well. Hopefully that means Marinko is in good form because he has a ton of points to defend in the next few weeks.

Ebden needs to vulture some weak challengers again I think, although I would be surprised if he could do that now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marinko really needs a good result here. Defending a semi final next week in Washington then a quarterfinal in Toronto. Will be good to get some points here in Atlanta.

It's a shame Marinko has Isner next as he would have a huge chance of going further had he been in another section. Hopefully he can still get the win though.

Washington draw is out: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2014/418/mds.pdf

Hewitt has a bye first round then most likely matosevic in the 2nd round and raonic in the third round. Can see marinko beating lleyton. Have they played each other before?

Tomic has gonzalez from colombia, then istomin and if he gets past him, dimitrov. Would love to see that match up.

Actually its a very good lineup in washington. None of the big guys, but 7 of the top 20.

This week and next week the coverage is terrible too. I don't mind paying for tennis tv but it pisses me off when you can watch games on my betting accounts and not on tennis tv, especially on the us swing when the catch up feature is needed because of the awful time zone.

Andujar beat Monaco in the final in gataad. Enjoyed the match and Andujar was pretty emotional after the win. Good to see Monaco regain some form. He's found it on the wrong side of the clay court season, but hopefully he can push back up through the rankings, currently at 105 but will go up after this week.

Isner beat Sela in Atlanta while Cuevas won in Umag.

Groth lost final round of qualies to Ginerpi, Pretty disappointing, hopefully some pulls out as he would most like get in as a LL. Tomic and Matosevic play tomorrow, Tomic will be on stream, 8am our time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back