2014 ATP World Tour 250/500 series

Remove this Banner Ad

Good effort from Jasika going down to Ram 4-6 7-5 6-3. Great experience for him im sure. Groth beat duckworth in 3 sets. Got the night session tomorrow against Robredo. Kokkinakis has won the first set 7-6. Hopefully he can wrap it up. Looking forward to seeing how Tomic goes the Nick/Marinko tonight.

Thought Jasika played alright. Don't think he quite there yet for AO WC but there's promising signs

I was curious about Kyrgios' motivation this week and I was right. Matosevic needs a good week now anyway. Groth probably be handled by Robredo pretty easily. Kokkansis got an interesting one too.

Tomic is Tomic

Good effort from Jasika going down to Ram 4-6 7-5 6-3. Great experience for him im sure. Groth beat duckworth in 3 sets. Got the night session tomorrow against Robredo. Kokkinakis has won the first set 7-6. Hopefully he can wrap it up. Looking forward to seeing how Tomic goes the Nick/Marinko tonight.

Thought Jasika played alright. Don't think he quite there yet for AO WC but there's promising signs

I was curious about Kyrgios' motivation this week and I was right. Matosevic needs a good week now anyway. Groth probably be handled by Robredo pretty easily. Kokkansis got an interesting one too.

Tomic is Tomic

Benneteau gets another opportunity to get that breakthrough title today. If he loses to Nishikori then he will be 0-10 in Tour level finals.

I think most fans of tennis would like Julien to finally capture his maiden ATP title, but he has played some pretty poor tennis in some of those finals. Not going to be easy against Kei either.

Kokinakkis and Duckworth both in the final round of qualifying in Japan. Duckworth faces Moriya and I would say is the favourite in that match. Kokinakkis faces Przysiezny who will be a tougher opponent.

Tomic faces Raonic in the first round, so that will be a loss you would imagine.

Jullien loses another final going down 7-6 6-4 to Nishikori you really do have to feel for him. Murray won his first title since Wimby 2013 winning Shenzen against Robredo in 3.

Congrats Andy on winning your first title since Wimbledon last year!!!

Jullien loses another final going down 7-6 6-4 to Nishikori you really do have to feel for him. Murray won his first title since Wimby 2013 winning Shenzen against Robredo in 3.
Kei played pretty well and it was another tough opponent IN A final. At least he didn't waste match points like he did in kl in last years final.

Murray saved 5 match points in that match too.

500 events in Beijing and Tokyo are on this week. Tomic in Tokyo, plays Raonic in the first round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murray saved 5 match points in that match too.

500 events in Beijing and Tokyo are on this week. Tomic in Tokyo, plays Raonic in the first round.
Yep he was 2-6 in that tiebreaker, what an amazing comeback!!!

Looks like Murray is finding his mojo again after beating the USO champ. Tomorrow should be a good test to see where his level is at, still expect Novak to win though.

"I met somebody in the final who I've never seen before," said Berdych, who won the Beijing title in 2011 (d. Cilic). "The way that he performed today was really outstanding. There is really not much I can add to that because, really, I was just swept off the court.

"I just said to my coach now that I probably played over 700 matches in my career, and I met guys like Andre, Roger, all those probably in their best times. But I have never, ever experienced anything like that."

Tomic beat Anderson 7-6(4) 6-4 and will play Verdasco in the Quarter finals. He's being coached by Xavier Malisse at the moment on a trial basis, maybe some hope for him yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back