Preview 2014 Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

I know everyone is entitled to an opinion. That is fine. But your opinion is terrible and not true.

The only way Danny Stanley will not be in our best 22 in next 3 years is if he goes to Kurrawa beach for recovery one morning and steps on a sea urchin with his right foot. The Sea Urchin causes him a nasty infection and after weeks of treatment the infection spreads and turns gangrenous leaving surgeons no other option to amputate his right leg.
You're trying to impress Danny and his mum, which is fine. But if you're unbiased, Danny isn't a superstar. He's not as good as you proclaim him to be anyway. He's a great bullocking mid who can rotate through most positions. He can tag and he often protects our other ball winning mids. He's a good utility role player. Nothing more or less. I can't speak of his leadership, but he seems a smart footballer so you'd imagine that would be an asset as well. But if you're telling me that he's the type of player who is irreplaceable, then you've got rocks in your head.

Having said that, I doubt he will be replaced and I fully expect him to be a ten year premiership player with us.

You're trying to impress Danny and his mum, which is fine. But if you're unbiased, Danny isn't a superstar. He's not as good as you proclaim him to be anyway. He's a great bullocking mid who can rotate through most positions. He can tag and he often protects our other ball winning mids. He's a good utility role player. Nothing more or less. I can't speak of his leadership, but he seems a smart footballer so you'd imagine that would be an asset as well. But if you're telling me that he's the type of player who is irreplaceable, then you've got rocks in your head.

Having said that, I doubt he will be replaced and I fully expect him to be a ten year premiership player with us.

You are such a knob lol

I'm guessing the club champion awards, players at our club who voted him the players choice awards and the club who have just signed him on for another few years are all biassed too.

Last edited:
Where is his best position? He won't be the inside mid when the likes of Omeara, Prestia, Swallow and possibly Lonergan get a bit older. He isn't an outide mid when we have Bennell, Martin, McKenzie, and possibly Kolo being better equipped to play those roles. I think he will be pushed into the leading forward role that we are missing. He can take a good grab, usually kicks great goals and when the ball hits the deck he has the size to beat a defender in a contested situation and help lock the ball into the forward 50. IMO he won't be a premiership midfielder but he has the tools to play as the leading forward and it is also a vital piece we are missing in the team.

Where is his best position? He won't be the inside mid when the likes of Omeara, Prestia, Swallow and possibly Lonergan get a bit older. He isn't an outide mid when we have Bennell, Martin, McKenzie, and possibly Kolo being better equipped to play those roles. I think he will be pushed into the leading forward role that we are missing. He can take a good grab, usually kicks great goals and when the ball hits the deck he has the size to beat a defender in a contested situation and help lock the ball into the forward 50. IMO he won't be a premiership midfielder but he has the tools to play as the leading forward and it is also a vital piece we are missing in the team.

Spent all last year as our #1 shut down player. While doing that more than effectively, he averaged 20+ disposals and about a goal a game.

Not many other players on our list will be accountable for one of our oppositions best midfielders and still get that much of the pill.

You are such a knob lol

I'm guessing the club champion awards, players at our club who voted him the players choice awards and the club who have just signed him on for another few years are all biassed too.
Like I said, he's probably a good leader. I'm sure he's also popular. Do you wholeheartedly believe that he's irreplaceable?

The only way Danny Stanley will not be in our best 22 in next 3 years is if he goes to Kurrawa beach for recovery one morning and steps on a sea urchin with his right foot. The Sea Urchin causes him a nasty infection and after weeks of treatment the infection spreads and turns gangrenous leaving surgeons no other option to amputate his right leg.
In which case he'd be traded to Brisbane and still be in their best 22 ;)

Are you sure you remember what we were debating you knob? lol
"I don't think Stanley will be in the 22 for that long" was the key statement from SizeMatters. I wholeheartedly concur with that statement.

I'm sure you sometimes don't even realise what you are saying. I started the debate on Stanley when multiple 2014 BEST 22's were posted without Stanley. My case obviously being HE IS IN THE 2014 BEST 22.

Stanley still missing in everyone who never watches the SUNS plays 22 :rolleyes:

But even if you want to be ignorant to that initial post, 2 years is a long time in footy. Any non part time fan would understand that :) I stand by my fact that no player in our current squad has shown enough promise to say they will replace him by 2017. But what is gonna happen next week? Who knows. Maybe Jackson Allen will come through and become the AFL's leading shut down player?

Same team guys, same team, Chill out.

0.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk[/img]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've noticed that you have a lot of faith in Jackson Allen. I'm convinced he's going to be delisted at the end of this season.
yes im with you AFL football looks a little bit out of depth, I havnt seen him dominate at NEAFL level either.... i may be wrong though

Really? That call was a joke. MY faith in Jacko had diminished a little this year.
Yeah I knew you were trying to make a joke then but I have seen previous posts of yours that indicate you have/had faith that he will/would eventually make it in the AFL. Probably has to do with what you've seen of him in the NEAFL.

Yeah I knew you were trying to make a joke then but I have seen previous posts of yours that indicate you have/had faith that he will/would eventually make it in the AFL. Probably has to do with what you've seen of him in the NEAFL.

Even his NEAFL this year has been severely underwhelming. Unlike JT and Josh Hall who may be able to at least ask questions of the selection panel. Still not totally lost on JT, but I reckon poor Jacko has run his race.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back