Fantasy 2014 BigFooty Mock Draft - Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With pick #24 the Bengals take....

Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri.

DE, CB, OLB and S were at the top of the list for the Bengals, but you can never have too many pass rushers on your team. The Bengals lost Michael Johnson to the Bucs in free agency and Ealy slots into the rotation with Carlos Dunlap, Margus Hunt, Wallace Gilberry, and Robert Geathers.

Shade is up

Pick #25 San Diego Chargers select - NT - Louis Nix III - Notre Dame

louis-nix-nfl.jpg

Big Louis will lock down the NT for the chargers a position which they have not found much continuity in recent years.

There is a lot to like about Nix. He looks like a plug-and-play nose tackle in the NFL. He is a heavy load at the point of attack. Nix has the strength and burst to cause a lot of disruption by rocking the center back after the snap. He is a tough run-defender who holds his ground and shows nice quickness in pursuit for such a big tackle. Nix will never produce big sack numbers, but that isn't his role. In the pass rush, he gets push down the pocket with a powerful bull rush. Nix helps take away quarterbacks' ability to step up in the pocket and that helps his edge rushers rack up sacks. Nix won't record sacks, but he can contribute to a good team rush in the NFL.

Striker475 is up

Pick 26 - Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

130916172226-johnny-manziel-single-image-cut.jpg

The Heisman winner of 2012 has continued to perform in his sophomore season, upping his production through the air by 400 yards and 11 TDs. Criticism of his game and whether he has the tools to make it in the NFL saw an adjustment to more pocket-passing by the Aggies which saw his rush numbers decline; nevertheless, he still remains dangerous scrambling out of the pocket. The question remains as to whether he can remain in scheme, but Gus Bradley's experience seeing Russell Wilson develop over the 2012 season puts the Jaguars in a good place for utilising Manziel's talents.

GeeCats07

Last edited:

With Pick #27 in the 2014 Draft.....

The New Orleans Saints select Bradley Roby, DB, Ohio St.

The team has a need at OT and could also use a really mean edge rusher like Dee Ford. But with Ford off the board, and a deep OT class, the GM has opted for to take care of the need at DB. The signing of Jairus Byrd gives the team a stud safety and by adding a cornerback will be able to cause headaches for their division rivals when they drop back to pass.

Roby could have come out last season and been drafted highly but decided to stay in school and unfortunately didn't quite repeat his junior season. This has seen his stock take a slight hit but is definitely still a first round talent with great potential to be a great shutdown corner.

drd23

Pick #28 - Jason Verrett, CB TCU

Jason-Verrett.jpg

While the lack of receivers seems to be a frequent joke regarding the Panthers his off-season, the situation in the secondary is almost as dire. The depth chart currently lists DeAndre Pressley, a 2nd year UDFA so anonymous that he doesn't even have a PFR page, as the starting CB so Verrett is a much needed upgrade.

Monocle

With Pick # 29. The New England Patriots Select.

Kelvin Benjamin. WR Florida State. 6" 5 240.

Benjamin is a massive unit and as such will cause a mismatch for opposition D, he is a real deep and vertical threat that will be very hard to counter. He has obvious length that is extenuated by his long arm span of 34.7/8" and he has big hands 10.1/4, this provides a wide catching radius.
Whilst he is not blessed with blistering speed he does have a long stride and a huge leap. Having said that his speed is good for some one 6" 5. There is a degree of inconsistence with his catching that will need addressing, he does drop some sitters but then again he does take some amazing catches in particular deep and his length and leap allow him to catch the ball at its highest point. In an developing era of bigger CB's Benjamin will negate that ploy.

Benjamin is a player that divides opinion as to just where he will be taken...... is he a late first or a early to mid second ?

The Patriots entered the FA / Draft period with several positions that need to be filled : CB,TE,DT and WR. The acquisition of Revis and Browner sure up the CB position. Of the TE's I rate only one as a genuine 1 st rounder and he is long gone. Several of the D players that I had marked for this position are off the board ( Nix, Hageman to name a couple ). So this was a bit of a tricky pick and in reality come draft day I don't expect the Patriots to hold this pick as I have a suspicion that they will either trade up or most likely trade down.

Benjamin has a lot of upside and he is an ascending player.

With his deep and vertical threat capabilities I think Brady will put the ball into that wide catching radius enough times for Benjamin to make a solid contributions to the score board.

Brasher next up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick 30 - San Francisco 49ers select Kyle Fuller - CB - Virginia Tech

hi-res-b3e1ee12f13d42536de709e5f692d029_crop_north.jpg

LicoriceAllsorts - Broncos on the clock. PS. now ~12 hours on the clock

With the 31st pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Denver Broncos select...

C.J. Mosley, 6'2", 238 lb Linebacker from the University of Alabama

1df203c97d23f727430f6a7067007dc9.jpg

With the departure of Wesley Woodyard at the Mike, the Broncos look to fill one of the few gaps remaining on the defensive side of the ball after their big-name free agent signings of Demarcus Ware, Aqib Talib and TJ Ward. Mosley is a smart, instinctive, fast-flowing, every-down linebacker who has the desire and work habits to emerge as a potential pro bowler. With outstanding urgency, great balance and excellent lateral agility, it was surprising to see this tackling machine fall so far...

The Seattle Seahawks are now on the clock andana

Last edited:
Pick 32 for the World Champion Seattle Seahawks

Xavier Sua'Filo OG UCLA

6'4" 307 lbs

As well as playing guard X can play tackle. Guard was a bit of a weakness last season and the right tackle has gone so this is a great player for Seattle.
Very strong, quick and a smart player. Lynch will love this guy.

600x395

next up bgt2110

With pick 33 in the 2014 draft :

HOUSTON TEXANS PICK - TIMMY JERNIGAN - DT - FLORIDA STATE

6'2", 299 LBS

Timmy Jernigan.jpg

Amongst many weaknesses in the 2013 season for the Texans was the inability to make turnovers, with the drafting of Mack and now Jernigan this goes some way to providing the support for the often injured Brian Cushing and JJ Watt to put serious defensive pressure on the opposing QB and make those much needed turnovers a more likely occcurence. It should strengthen a team renowned for it's defence in 2012 but which fell away last year. From the writers on CBS Sports :

"Jernigan...Stays light on his feet with good movement skills for a 300-pounder, showing smooth hips and fluid lateral range to work up and down the line of scrimmage. Jernigan does a nice job using his hands and footwork to sidestep blockers and collapse gaps, and has active hands and the upper-body strength to bully blockers. Jernigan also shows improved ball awareness and can anchor against multiple blocks."

Broken is next up

With pick 34 of the 2014 draft :

Washington-Redskins-logo.png
Stephon Tuitt - DE - Notre Dame

stephon_tuitt14.jpg

With an aging and injury prone DL the Redskins look to shore up with a ready made player familiar with a 3-4 defense and capable of playing many positions along the line. A strong offseason and he should be able to provide more consistency up front which will take pressure off our young secondary.

Tantalizing upside. Highly athletic frame despite massive size. Impressive combination of length, power and surprising quickness. Scheme versatility for the 3-4 and 4-3, possessing the size of most interior linemen while maintaining the quickness to provide a rush off the edge. - Rob Rang (CBS)

superfreak and his Buccaneers are up.

With the 35th pick in the 2014 NFL draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select...

Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE, Washington

TGC-Austin-Seferian-Jenkins.jpg

Projected as the top tight end prospect in the country entering the season and whilst he had a somewhat down year, his ceiling at the next level is huge. I like him better than Eric Ebron due to his size and ability in the redzone. Put him alongside V-Jax and Mike Evans (who I took at No.7), and the Bucs now have three huge targets for McCown to throw the ball too.

You're on the clock manureid

Last edited:
With the 36th pick in the NFL draft, the St. Louis Rams select...

David Yankey, OL, Stanford

henysy6u.jpg

Tough and versatile, Yankey will automatically plug into left guard for the Rams, filling a massive hole. With good footwork and a bit of a mean streak, Yankey provides great run blocking that will be vital for the Rams and for Zac Stacy. As an Oregon fan I got to see him absolutely moster us on multiple occasions!

Fun fact - David was actually born in Sydney and lived their until he was 8, so I'm claiming him as an Australian.

PHX is on the clock for Atlanta...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just spent far too long distracted by Ra'Shede Hageman's story ready to pick him and then see he was taken at 21! Therefore the inevitable DE selection will need to wait another pick or I'm seriously reaching.

So with the 37th pick, the Falcons select Ryan Shazier - OLB - Ohio State.

Shazier.png

You're double-up, Blacky !

With the 38th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select Jimmie Ward - Safety - Northern Illinois.

122265cda59b98e0b037f37e338fe95c.png

We feel that Jimmie is extremely underrated and from one of the shallower positions in the draft.

He will add further talent to an already talented defensive unit. Cleveland still have a few holes, but we feel they can still be addressed later in the draft

Blacky

Last edited:
Pick 40- Jace Amaro

AP_Baylor%20Texas%20Tech%20Foo_admi.jpg

Have a specific plan for the draft and Amaro right now fits pretty perfectly. A tall player with excellent physical attributes- his main questionmarks are character related- but he has excellent football intelligence and I feel as though he can make a really solid impact in the NFL.

The Buffalo Bills select Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee

upload_2014-3-29_10-11-2.jpeg

6'6 330 pounds, power athlete who has great speed. Road blocking tackle who will be an ideal right tackle for the 1st few years, has LT ability but needs to improve his footwork and instincts. Makes a good book end with Cordy Glenn.

Last edited:
With the 43rd pick in the NFL Draft, the New York Giants select...

Scott Crichton, DE, Oregon State.

50de9d2fd4c33.preview-620.jpg

Reminds me a lot of Tuck, whilst not as athletic as the Giants are used to drafting he has a non stop motor and fulfills a position of need. Was very difficult to choose between him and a couple of other prospects, but the Giants managed to fill some needs through FA so I will go with a position that has value on the board and is a need. I could see him sneaking higher than this in the real thing.

manureid

With the 44th Pick the Oakland Raiders select (via Manureid asking GG to make a pick for him).....

9308778_600x338.jpg

Reasoning:
Raiders would be more likely to keep bolstering the defense, adding defense playmakers. However, with Derek Carr inexplicably still available at pick 44, Raiders have to pull the trigger on a possible future QB, even tho they have Schaub and McGloin as more than enough at the QB position. As de facto Raiders GM in Manureid's stead, I just can't justify selecting an interior lineman (offensive or defensive), and there are no DBs of high 2nd round value here.

Don't hate me, manureid

shiny_on_top (ie, GG with list) on the clock....

With the 45th pick, the Detroit Lions select....

Marcus Roberson - CB - Florida

010314_fsf_cfb_gators_marcus_roberson_PI.jpg

Reasoning: The Detroit Lions missing piece of the defensive puzzle is DB. They make a horizontal selection in taking Roberson as they invest picks in this most frustrating of positional weaknesses for them.

Woodson on the clock for the Steelers

With pick #46… Steelers snare their ideal CB : Stanley Jean Baptiste - Nebraska

512x.jpg

A towering presence at 6'3" would be ideal in a Steelers secondary as Jean-Baptiste posted a vertical leap of 41.5", which was the highest of any defensive back. His broad jump of 128" also stood out. It tied for third among the defensive backs at the combine.

While his 40-yard-dash time of 4.61 seconds was more average, as well as his 13 reps on the bench press at 225 pounds, Jean-Baptiste still made a statement. With it, the comparisons to Sherman were made.

While some were not overly impressed with Jean-Baptiste's 40-yard dash time, it's worth noting that Richard Sherman's time was not exactly outstanding in 2011. He posted an official time of 4.54 seconds.

Lots of reason why this guy can be an asset to the Steelers secondary.

Next up larkis Cowboys

( GG for some reason I can't edit the mock list)

With the 47th pick of the BF 2014 NFL Mock Draft, the Cowgirls select Allan Robinson - WR - Peado State

IMG_6570.jpg

I just feel this first round talent would be the perfect compliment to Dez Bryant in stretching the field giving Dallas a solid offense to match the Eagles. Give Romo the right tools the Cowgirls may even rival the GSOT of the Rams.

quin_stick

With pick 48 Baltimore select...

130822124859-cyrus-kouandjio-single-image-cut.jpg

Cyrus Kouandjio - OT - Alabama

Has his knee problems and some issues in pass protection, but also has the tools to be a special player. Will more than likely start at RT, and if he plays well it's not unreasonable to think that our offensive line could go from one of the worst in the league in 2013, to one of the best in 2014. I said in my R1 slide that I thought Wagner was set to get a shot at RT, so if Kouandjio busts it isn't the end of the world.

Dixie Flatline J-E-T-S up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back