Fantasy 2014 BigFooty Mock Draft - Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the 150th pick in the NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select...

Ryan Grant, Tulane, WR

dbc0d66b9cb8a762d1e324b2c6d3fe84-img1.jpg

Had a good Senior Bowl and a two-time All-Conference USA WR. Knows his size and role and will slot in effectively as a possession receiver.

Shermy

Last edited by a moderator:

Pick 154 the St. Louis Rams select:

Jordan Tripp, OLB, Montana

Jordan-Tripp.jpeg

Once again, Rams go defence. Tripp has the ability to turn into an exciting player for the Rams. Can't rely on Dunbar to play at a high level, so by bringing in another linebacker to compete with Armstong for the position beside Ogletree and Laurinaitis. Tripp is a smart and instinctive as a linebacker. Brings good leadership qualities with him as well.

Dixie Flatline is on the clock

With pick 154, the New York Jets select Jordan Zumwalt - LB - UCLA

7821214.jpg

The Jets fall in love with Zumwalt's high energy style of play, with Rex Ryan particularly drawn to his high football IQ and intense nature. Zumwalt played mostly as an inside line-backer in UCLA's 3-4 defensive scheme, and should be able to transition to the Jets' 3-4 base scheme quite well. With David Harris not providing value for money on his contract and DeMario Davis showing that he's a competent linebacker at best, Zumwalt has the opportunity to play his way into a starting role in the next 12 months.

Zumwalt likes to hit and has a love for the game that shows on the field. He has natural leadership potential and (as noted above) high football IQ, with UCLA often entrusting Zumwalt to make the necessary calls on the field to cope with the offensive adjustments. He loves the big stage, having earned co-MVP honours in the Sun Bowl with a 43 yard TD interception and laying out Virginia Tech's Logan Thomas. Zumwalt also has the versatility to line up as a full-back in particular packages. Although he primarily played inside, Zumwalt has experience at all three LB spots and is also a special teams contributor. Zumwalt has made it clear that his ambition is to succeed at the NFL, but he also has the good sense to make sure that he left college with a degree, and went as far as telling NFL teams that wished to meet with him that their meetings needed to be delayed to ensure his ongoing attendance. Zumwalt is also the son of a former linebacker, with his father playing as an undersized pass rusher at Arizona State in the 1980s.

However, as you might expect of a player who slips into the fifth round (although some project him going as high as the third round), Zumwalt is a little rough around the edges. At a touch over 6 foot and weighing in at 235lb, Zumwalt is not the biggest of players. He also lacks fluidity in his movement and that limits his capacity to cover a lot of ground in pass coverage. He is not an inventive rusher, with little use of his hands to disengage blocks. He is not suited to run coverage, and suffers from biting on misdirections too often. Although Ryan will love his enthusiasm, referees may not be so forgiving, and his unfocused energy can cause Zumwalt to be flagged for high hits on defenseless players.

Zumwalt ended his 2013 season with 91 tackles (including 6.5 stuffs), no sacks, a forced fumble and two picks.

GG

pick 155 the Miami Dolphins select...

Jeff Janis - WR - Saginaw Valley

31-alyssa-gracik-jeff-janis.jpg

Reasoning:
Miami decides to reach a bit in terms of draft rankings, but Janis is the real deal and i probably erred in the 2nd round of this mock not taking a WR then as Miami certainly will after taking an OT in the first like I did.

TennisPlayerAndy is on the clock....

Fifth Round Pick 157 Steelers pick: Deshazor Everett, CB, Texas A&M
Deshazor+Everett+Texas+v+LSU+2IUi0AmQaYtl.jpg

Such a versatile defensive back who played in the nickel as a safety but can also play one on one as a Corner. Is also a reliable tackler in run support with his ferocious aggression to make a play. Has been ejected for late hits (very subjective if you look at the video) and If it wasn't for his lack of discpline, would definitely be touted a Round 3-4 pick. Adding him to the Steelers secondary would put a smile on coach LeBeau's face as he'd be able to harness his technique to become a valuable contributor.

Everett's always had a knack for big plays, he picked off AJ McCarron to seal Texas A&M's upset over Alabama in 2012.

A tough and physical player with a lot of potential and also some baggage. Got ejected from a game for targeting, and had a one game suspension arising out of a bar fight. To be fair though, the fight involved men (i.e., it wasn't a domestic violence thing) and may just a young-and-stupid event. The questions are more about lack of discipline than "bad character."
you're up larkis / Cowboys

With the 159th pick in the NFL draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select...

Gabe Ikard, C, Oklahoma

011314-SW-CFB-Gabe-Ikard-PI.jpg

Sticks_Of_Fury

With pick 161 the Packers select; Preston Brown, ILB, Louisville

Preston+Brown+Memphis+v+Louisville+zvERMb9-GWMl.jpg

The Packers need some help at ILB and Brown has dropped further than what I thought he would so I'll take him here. Does have some concerns about his weight but if he can get over that then I believe the Packers have a quality player to replace AJ Hawk with in the future.

Oscarman you are on the clock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KCC, pick 163

Devonta Freeman, RB, Florida State

Not much behind Davis, who won't be ready by the start of the year and everyone at another position of need succckkkssss.
This is pretty good value for a solid RB prospect.0

Sven

Last edited:
I'm on holidays but I'm pretty sure Vic Hampton, CB, South Carolina is available.

I really wanted an OLB but there's been a run on that position and the pickings are too slim so the Bengals take their second corner.

Round Five Pick 173 (compensation selection): Steelers select Kevin Pierre-Louis OLB Boston College
bc-big-17564.r.jpg

Can't believe Pierre-Louis is still AVAILABLE!! You guys are nuts!! Round 4 material. One of the quickest OLB (4.51) and a virtual STEAL late in the fifth!! This is the guy SVEN overlooked for the Bengals who need pass rushers desperately.. really bungled that pick Sven !!:D Pierre-Louis is a hybrid OLB-Safety player who ultra SLICK… exceptional push-rushing blitzer and tackler and I have him to take over Troy Polamalu's position in a couple years. Very similar player (although two inches shorter) than Telvin Smith of Florida State but Pierre-Louis is 14lbs heavier… Smith got snapped up by Striker475 (Jags) which was an exceptional selection for a 5th R pick. In 2013, Pierre-Louis ended up with 108 tackles, six sacks, 10.5 tackles for a loss, one interception and a pass broken up. He was impressive at the Combine.

Pierre-Louis had 85 tackles, two sacks and three passes broken up in 2012. He was a true-freshman starter in 2010 and recorded an impressive debut, collecting 93 tackles. The sophomore had 74 tackles in 2011. Pierre-Louis will be perfectly suited to the nickel D. For the record.. Polamalu is a lightweight 207lb who sometimes played LB last season, at 232lb, Pierre-Louis should be able to handle LB duties if required.

wce_all_da_way G-Men

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back