• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
See the Thread Directory or the Honors Roll for existing Hall of Famers.

What constitutes a HOF'er?
It can be someone who participated a lot to the board years ago, then disappeared. It can be someone who has continued posting for many years, tho at a smaller rate. It can be someone who ran comps, games, or started features/ideas that are standard in today's board. It can be someone who has been a regular participator in annual tipping, fantasy, and other activities. A variety of factors including participation, quality/quantity, influence, peer respect, etc.

How are the nominees chosen every year?
Starting from year dot, the board mod first collects names as they appear chronologically on the board till reaching about 30 or so names for a given period of time. The board mod then whittles that down to a shortlist of 10-16 people at his discretion.

Why haven't I been nominated yet?
The process of collecting names is currently up to the end of the 2007/08 season. Deserving newer members will be recognized in due time, as the process continues into the following years of board activity.

What is the process of electing HOF'ers?

A candidates list of 16 names is presented for voting on by board members. The poll is open for about two or so months. From the top vote-getters, the board mod will induct 2+ into the HOF, and may consult existing HOF'ers on which to induct. There will also be a separate Veterans List which existing HOF'ers will personally choose 1 or 2 people from to induct. The Veterans List consists of people who contributed many years ago, no longer active, and may also include people who have previously failed to be inducted after being a HOF candidate multiple times.

If I fail at the nomination stage, can I be re-nominated in future years?
Yes. Losing nominees and people who failed to make the candidates list are always eligible for future nomination.

How do I vote?
It's multiple choice voting, all votes visible. So vote for as many people as you wish to vote for that you deem deserving of being recognized as HOF'ers. But do not vote for yourself. All votes for oneself will be stricken.

------------------

VETERANS LIST (hof'ers to choose)
CONS_SS (3rd Nomination)
DaSawx (2nd Nomination)
Lenny Briscoe (2nd Nomination)
statsman74 (2nd Nomination)

HOF CANDIDATES (board poll)
camsmith (2nd Nomination)
Cassius_Clay (2nd Nomination)
Dagless (1st Nomination)
Dirty Bird (1st Nomination)
Galactic (1st Nomination)
GeeCats07 (1st Nomintion)
larkis (1st Nomintion)
Marklar_33 (1st Nomination)
NakedDeadGuy (3rd Nomination)
peterbuch74 (1st Nomination)
_shifty_ (1st Nomination)
Southerntakeover (1st Nomination)
Sven (1st Nomination)
TheGreatBarryB (1st Nomination)
wce_all_da_way (2nd Nomination)
Wizard (3rd Nomination)

Didn't we do this like 6 months ago?

ps. Sven and peterbuch.

I want to go sto as well. But I feel sto and dagless are a package deal, and dagless isn't 1st ballot quality, so I guess sto can wait a year or two till dagless is worthy and we can create a package deal.

I want to go sto as well. But I feel sto and dagless are a package deal, and dagless isn't 1st ballot quality, so I guess sto can wait a year or two till dagless is worthy and we can create a package deal.
ooooooooh...+I+see+now+_38f7246dcf153aeceacb2853f7d58583.jpg

GG - Can you add a 3rd vote from my to TGBB?
I only voted 2 because you generally have only done 2.
But the more I think about it, the more I feel TGBB is every bit as worthy as PB.
So I'd add him to my votes too hoping all 3 get in.

DB first ballot hall of infamy
Nah, I'm eyeing off 3rd or 4th.
Never going to get there due to a vote.
I need the 'veterans, mod puts in' path to get in :p

Yeah, looking at who's already in, I could get anywhere from a 5-6 to a 9-2 vote. I could suck up to manureid and get that to 10-1. But that would take ALOT of sucking up. Probably unlikely.

Too many good names there. Be easier to suggest who shouldn't make it.
You seem like one of those numnuts who decide the AFL HOF.
They like everyone and just want to put them all in. Evidently putting some in ahead of others who are more worthy.
I look at it and split it into 4 groups

1) Should get in right now.
CONS_SS
camsmith
Cassius Clay
peterbuch
southerntakeover
Sven
TGBB

2) Should get in, but shouldn't be prioritised. Get those above in asap.
Dagless
Dirty Bird
Marklar
wadw
Wizard

3) Borderline people, with questionable resume's
Everyone else but.....

4) Don't deserve it
LennyBriscoe

Here's hoping we get

2014) CONS_SS, peterbuch, Sven, TGBB
2015) camsmith, Cassius Clay, southerntakeover, Dagless
2016) Dirty Bird, Marklar, wadw, Wizard

Though, I do wonder who will become eligible in the next 2 years.
Chism, Moo, BeinPurplenGreen and aussiedude probably the only 4 people I can think of off the top of my head who could get in by the conclusion of 2017.

Though, if larkis/Chadwiko/sblack can win a fantasy or ae just once in the next 2 years. I might be able to squeeze him in for 2016 or 2017. Need more than just 'board contributor'.

AE/fantasy titles help (like Moo). Building up parts of the board help (like aussiedude with college discussion) or going over and beyond to make it better (like BeinPurplenGreen with the podcasts).

That's where people like larkis, chadwiko, sblack etc. fall down on. They contribute to the board well. But don't have that little extra that others have. They weren't pioneers, they haven't been winning titles, they're not expanding discussion much (though, Chad probably has in a lot of the controversial things of the past few years, so he's probably ahead of others there).

Good, but not great. They're like Kouta/Brad Johnson. Longevity and contribution puts them in the discussion, and will get in somehow. But the current resume isn't up to the level of say a McLeod.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, looking at who's already in, I could get anywhere from a 5-6 to a 9-2 vote. I could suck up to manureid and get that to 10-1. But that would take ALOT of sucking up. Probably unlikely.
You add a lot to the board...sometimes good, sometimes bad. That is not my issue. Supporting the Crows means my vote could depend on a large cash donation.

"The Veterans List consists of people who contributed many years ago, no longer active, and may also include people who have previously failed to be inducted after being a HOF candidate multiple times."

Fair to say I'm nowhere near these parts in the NFL offseason, but I'm always back in some limited form. If the fantasy comp I won 3/3 times here was continued I would be here more!

Also fair to say that I havent exactly been campaigning hard for election. Didnt even know I missed out last year....

You seem like one of those numnuts who decide the AFL HOF.
They like everyone and just want to put them all in. Evidently putting some in ahead of others who are more worthy.
I look at it and split it into 4 groups

1) Should get in right now.
CONS_SS
camsmith
Cassius Clay
peterbuch
southerntakeover
Sven
TGBB

2) Should get in, but shouldn't be prioritised. Get those above in asap.
Dagless
Dirty Bird
Marklar
wadw
Wizard

3) Borderline people, with questionable resume's
Everyone else but.....

4) Don't deserve it
LennyBriscoe

Here's hoping we get

2014) CONS_SS, peterbuch, Sven, TGBB
2015) camsmith, Cassius Clay, southerntakeover, Dagless
2016) Dirty Bird, Marklar, wadw, Wizard

Though, I do wonder who will become eligible in the next 2 years.
Chism, Moo, BeinPurplenGreen and aussiedude probably the only 4 people I can think of off the top of my head who could get in by the conclusion of 2017.

Though, if larkis/Chadwiko/sblack can win a fantasy or ae just once in the next 2 years. I might be able to squeeze him in for 2016 or 2017. Need more than just 'board contributor'.

AE/fantasy titles help (like Moo). Building up parts of the board help (like aussiedude with college discussion) or going over and beyond to make it better (like BeinPurplenGreen with the podcasts).

That's where people like larkis, chadwiko, sblack etc. fall down on. They contribute to the board well. But don't have that little extra that others have. They weren't pioneers, they haven't been winning titles, they're not expanding discussion much (though, Chad probably has in a lot of the controversial things of the past few years, so he's probably ahead of others there).

Good, but not great. They're like Kouta/Brad Johnson. Longevity and contribution puts them in the discussion, and will get in somehow. But the current resume isn't up to the level of say a McLeod.

I am your reigning DZE champion :p

I would've had a chance to win the original Auction if it didnt die too :(

Considering you are more like Charles Haley. Great contributor but you have done some weird and ****ed up stuff to make things awkward. Maybe Art Modell - just pissed off the whole board through your incidents. Don't think anyone else on the list has been carded by GG or had three accounts. Think everyone deserves to be in the Hall of Fame for sticking around past Riggy and Riggy1.

Whereas I am Deon Sanders himself, Mr Primetime. The guy everyone knows will talk the talk and walk the walk. I show up in the clutch and dominate the leagues I am in. I'll cover anyone and play a fair game. Primetime is in the hall of fame, Modell isn't.

Wow Chism, not good enough for a vote from yourself? Ouch :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back