Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
Welcome to the first category of the 2014 BigFooty Wrestling Awards, this one is for match of the year! There are two categories within this one poll just to make things easier so try to vote for one from each category as I have allowed each person to have two votes. I'll try to include the links to a full video of each match if possible. The poll will close on Thursday the 18th.

Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt at Royal Rumble]

Daniel Bryan was insanely popular so WWE turned him heel and made him a part of the Wyatt Family... Once WWE realised their mistake Bryan turned on Wyatt in a steel cage match against the Usos on Raw and got an amazing reaction from the crowd. Bryan was chanted for during the WWEWHC match and everyone was hoping that he'd pull double duty and also appear in the Royal Rumble match, but when he didn't and Rey Mysterio entered at 30 the crowd was not happy.

Shield vs Wyatt Family at Elimination Chamber

The Wyatts cost the Shield spots in the Elimination Chamber match. The Shield vowed revenge against the Wyatt Family, but there were cracks appearing in the Shield. Dean Ambrose had to retain his title against Mark Henry, only retaining via disqualification while Roman Reigns was able to defeat Mark Henry without interference.

John Cena vs Brock Lesnar at a SummerSlam
Couldn't find a great version of this.

Brock Lesnar was a monster, still just coming off of conquering The Undertaker's undefeated streak at WrestleMania and becoming the 1 in 21 and 1. The Authority did not want John Cena to be champion but none of their plans had worked so they got Brock Lesnar to defeat him for them.

Sami Zayn vs Cesaro at NXT Arrival

Sami Zayn initially defeated Cesaro in a shock victory and then they had rematch where Cesaro won. To settle the score they had a 2 out of 3 falls match that Cesaro won again and many people called the best match of 2013. Sami Zayn obsessed over the fact that he lost in the match of the year and wanted another shot at Cesaro but Cesaro declined twice. Eventually HHH made it happen.

Shield vs Evolution at Extreme Rules

The cracks in the Shield had been mended. They turned on The Authority by attacking Kane when they were ordered to attack Jerry Lawler. They then saved Daniel Bryan from The Authority in the main event of the Post-Mania Raw. The Authority put the Shield in an 11 on 3 handicap match where they were outnumbered and beaten down. Evolution reformed to come out to attack The Shield even more. The Authority then made life difficult for The Shield by placing them in more matches where the odds were against them.

Maxwell110

Premiership Player
May 29, 2011
batcave
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
sc freiburg
Seth Rollins vs Dean Ambrose at RAW 18/8/14

Seth Rollins turned on The Shield after Payback to join The Authority and Dean Ambrose was not happy that one of his closest friends had turned on him. Any time that Rollins would try to cash in his MITB contract Ambrose would be there to stop him. At Battleground a match between the two was called off after Ambrose attacked Rollins backstage. At Summerslam the two competed in a lumberjack match that Rollins won. Earlier in the night Ambrose attacked Rollins and Seth Rollins wanted to put Ambrose out.

Sami Zayn vs Adrian Neville at NXT Takeover [R]Evolution

At Fatal 4 Way Zayn was about to win the NXT title until Neville pulled the referee out of the ring and ended up retaining. Zayn then lost to Titus O'Neil, so he knew he had to redeem himself and prove he could win. He did this by defeating Titus, Tyson Kidd and Tyler Breeze and was rewarded a title shot against Neville. During this match Neville appeared injured from a missed Red Arrow so Zayn checked on his friend, only for Neville to take advantage of him and surprise him with a pin. Their friendship quickly deteriorated and Zayn then vowed to quit if he could not defeat Adrian Neville

NON WWE MATCHES
AJ Styles vs Minoru Suzuki at G1 Climax

Pantskyle vs Quivorir at BigFooty

No video available luckily

Kazuchika Okada vs Shinsuke Nakamura at G1 Climax

Michael Elgin & The Briscoes vs. Kevin Steen & Young Bucks at ROH Raising the Bar: Night 1
http://rutube.ru/video/6ef0ae5459eecdd2f2ccceceffc2123f/

Last edited:

Chops18

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 5, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Juve, Cleveland Indians
My vote is for Pantskyle and Quivorir. Certainly been the most entertaining.

As far as WWE matches go it's hard to pick one because they were all great but I will go with Shield vs Evolution. I'm a fan of all 6 guy's in that match and was satisfied with how it went with HHH , Randy and Batista putting them over.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
Atlantis vs Ultimo Guerrero from CMLL in september is my moty, but since I didnt nominate it I'll vote for AJ vs Suzuki which was number 2.

WWE would probably be Shield vs Wyatts but Zayn vs Neville is mighty close.

Back