News 2014 - Brisbane Lions Members Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
Great idea by the club.

To be held on September 11th, 6.30pm at the GABBA, members will have the opportunity to have a question and answer session with Greg Swann, Justin Leppitsch and Dean Warren.

I get the feeling that we are going in the right direction.

Hope to see many there!! Here is our chance, we have been crying out for these inds of things, let's make sure the club are certain they did the right thing!!

If I can't get there, can someone else raise the following issues for me:

1) sauce prices - start with the big issues first!
2) player intros at the Gabba - can we please please please go back to having the players introduce themselves. It was classier, more meaningful and more natural than the false WWF style Daaaaynnneeeee the magician Zooooorrrrkkkooooooo. Let that go the way of the paddle pop jersey.
3) Saturday 4.40 games. More of them. Great for people who have to travel to and from Brisbane. (Although the SE Qld heavy dew can kind of suck)
4) Bring back the threepeat jersey...oh wait. We did that already.

And now the more trivial matters...
5) finances and how we become profitable
6) building up membership - plans?
7) training facilities update - including an indication of what the players would like the solution to be.
8) coaching structure for 2015 - role for J Brown?
9) communication with members - what works and what doesn't.
10) making the merger positive for all - embracing both sides of the relationship.

Also, tell Leppa to train the boys hard on making the handballs find their target player on the run and players to really stick their tackles and we will improve markedly next year. (Actually, don't tell him because he will already be working on it).

If I can't get there, can someone else raise the following issues for me:

player intros at the Gabba - can we please please please go back to having the players introduce themselves. It was classier, more meaningful and more natural than the false WWF style Daaaaynnneeeee the magician Zooooorrrrkkkooooooo. Let that go the way of the paddle pop jersey.

YES!!!

I second this.

That screaming out of ridiculously elongated versions of the players names/nicknames is my pet hate:mad:. Anything else but that.

Even if they insist on doing it that way, could they please turn the volume down to something below 50 million decibels.?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YES!!!

I second this.

That screaming out of ridiculously elongated versions of the players names/nicknames is my pet hate:mad:. Anything else but that.

Even if they insist on doing it that way, could they please turn the volume down to something below 50 million decibels.?
Thirded - sounds horrible. I'm all for giving Brownie's cousin a job as crowd announcer but that part of it has had me pushing my arrival time closer to game time just to avoid it.

I like the player intros but I think we need a louder 'roar' after goals.

So,pretty much any empty commercial property driveway, that time on a Thursday I guess?

Most of the streets around the Gabba are restricted on Game Day so I don't think you'll have a problem finding a park on a street near the Gabba, I'll be driving in as well so I'm in the same boat Skoob

Also I personally love The Flying Belgian's picture on this site of the leggo version of Brownie. Can someone ask Greg Swann if he can make some enquiries of the people that manufacture Leggo to make a Little Brownie leggo man with a lions Guersey - that would be a big seller in my household or even as a key ring - how cute/great would that be!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back