2014 Brownlow discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Winner will be on 26-28. Ablett I have on 25-27. I have him polling 0 votes in the 45 disposals against Hawthorn, but he can easily poll 2. 25 votes minimum, 27 maximum. Selwood/JPK are on the same votes on my count, Buddy 2 behind them, with Travis Boak 3 behind. It is out of Ablett (inj.), JPK (coming back from injury), and Selwood. The rest you can write your own odds. Cotchin is a good 5 votes behind.

Jun 13, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chicago Bears
Franklin and Cotchin will be nowhere near it.

BTW there was also a market I noticed at the TAB for "leader after 5 rounds". I did take some of the 8/1 for Nick Riewoldt because the Saints were winning and all I can recall was that the big fella was on fire
. Just remember some commentators noting back then that he had probably already banked 9 votes and possibly more. Just can't remember how Gazza was going in the first few rounds. Anyone got some info there?
The challenge will come from Selwood and Johnson. Selwood could potentially be on 12 after 4 rounds, SJ on 8. It just depends on how votes are split between those two in the first 4 games!

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
Franklin and Cotchin will be nowhere near it.

BTW there was also a market I noticed at the TAB for "leader after 5 rounds". I did take some of the 8/1 for Nick Riewoldt because the Saints were winning and all I can recall was that the big fella was on fire. Just remember some commentators noting back then that he had probably already banked 9 votes and possibly more. Just can't remember how Gazza was going in the first few rounds. Anyone got some info there?

Think Selwood might be the leader after 5 rounds.
His start to the season was excellent.

Who gets the most votes for the Swans?

JK3 will get the most for the swans. Players like Franklin, Parker will most likely get into the teens. Then players like Mcglynn, hanners will more then likely get a few votes

Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting to hear/see the talk of Buddy getting into contention. He's been great but he did kick over 100 goals in 2008 and only poll 20, question is has he been better and more influential? I doubt it.

JPK had a good year last year as everyone would agree, but only polled 14 come Brownlow night. Hannebery and Jack in front of him.
Priddis only polled 13 and he definitely didn't have a bad year last year.

Sep 4, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
I interestingly noted that last year Vossy started the year by putting Rockliff forward and he didn't poll well at all. He then finished the year in the midfield due to personal request and finished the year with 21 votes. Went crazy in the second half of the year when midfield. Fair to say he has continued this year as he finished last.

image.jpg

image.jpg

DV2000

Club Legend
May 9, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I interestingly noted that last year Vossy started the year by putting Rockliff forward and he didn't poll well at all. He then finished the year in the midfield due to personal request and finished the year with 21 votes. Went crazy in the second half of the year when midfield. Fair to say he has continued this year as he finished last.
But he is ineligible, he got suspended earlier in the season.

hench

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jun 20, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I can't see Pendlebury being in the mix. The Pies have probably lost 5 games less this year than they have from their previous 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that your personal opinion, or did you get that chart from another website?
It's the Brownlow Tracker app (not sure if it's Apple store exclusive or not, probably can get on Android). Just allows you to keep track of your Brownlow votes as the season goes. So it's my personal opinion.

I'm not going to pretend I watch every match though. Only watch 2-3 others a week excluding the Hawks games. For the ones I miss I just go by a combination of what I hear (if everyone seems to be in agreement that someone was BOG I'll give them the 3) and their stats (high possession games get noticed by the umps) and Supercoach/ChampionData score (I believe they predicted Cooney in 08 and possibly Judd the other year via this). And in general if it comes down to splitting two players I'll lean towards the one who is more "famous" and has a history of polling well.

I do my best not to be biased towards any of the Hawks players too. I want to do my best to see how close I can get to what actually happens on the night so there's no benefit giving votes to Lewis in a match where I know deep down he won't get any. I'm actually surprised Lewis has ended up so high but it's really only a few (arguable) BOG performances in the last month that have catapulted him up there.

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
JPK to get the most for Sydney.. But he's never polled well in the brownlow before despite having (IMO) on par, or better years. Can't see him winning it.

Bulldocker

Club Legend
Nov 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WB,Claremont,Seahawks,Canucks
Lewis and Rockliff way off the mark but i wouldn't be surprised if libba polled 10 or under.
Libba will get about 15 and most of them will be in the first twelve rounds.
Rocky missed a few games but the umps would have to be blind and biased beyond belief not to have given him at least something in the high teens.

Back