S.Johnson- 16
T.Cotchin- 14
P.Dangerifeld- 14
B.Harvey- 14
S.Thompson- 13
R.Gray- 13
T.Liberatore- 13
T.Boak- 13

I think Selwood is the one who should be pretty much on the same line of betting as JPK/Pendles... started the season off amazing with Stevie J.. a lot will depend on who gets the 2 and who gets the 3.. of course had a quiet 5 or so weeks when carrying an injury.. But has been BOG the last 3 weeks!! that's 9 votes.. plus probably 10 he earnt earlier in year?? and we know umpires will vote for him.

I think Selwood is the one who should be pretty much on the same line of betting as JPK/Pendles... started the season off amazing with Stevie J.. a lot will depend on who gets the 2 and who gets the 3.. of course had a quiet 5 or so weeks when carrying an injury.. But has been BOG the last 3 weeks!! that's 9 votes.. plus probably 10 he earnt earlier in year?? and we know umpires will vote for him.

6 votes, won't poll against dogs

agree mate, last nights 3 votes has seen him move up to 21 votes in my tally. 3 behind Ablett, 3 ahead of jpk and 6 ahead of pendles.

Shhhh all the money will come for him soon! absolutely smashed him at the 10/11 we were seeing last week! have him equal 2nd with JPK and 2 behind Ablett at the moment!

If you bet on a certain player to poll the most votes for their team and the player has already been suspended or gets suspended in the last few home and way games is your bet void?

do you have a summary of how you have polled Kennedy? I have him on 19 at the moment?
Ive posted every round in this thread, but as a breakdown I have him polling the following
R2: 1 Vote (28D, Loss to Collingwood. Was Sydney's best player, Maxwell may get the 1 though)
R3: 2 Votes (28D, Smashed Adelaide. Jack, Kennedy and Franklin will fight for the 2 and 1)
R5: 3 Votes (38D, Beat Fremantle. BOG)
R7: 3 Votes (34D+2Goals, Smashed Brisbane)
R8: 2 Votes (36D, Beat Hawthorn. 2nd Best behind Hannebery)
R9: 3 Votes (39D, Beat Essendon. BOG)
R12: 3 Votes (28D+2 Goals. Sydney winning gave him the two above Ablett, and his 2 goals pushed him above Hannebery imo)
R14: 1 Vote (24D, Beat Richmond. Sydneys best midfielder in an ugly game)
R15: 1 Vote (29D+2 Goals, Beat GWS. Slightly edged out by Jack and Franklin)
R17: 3 Votes (41D, Beat Carlton. BOG)
22 Votes in total

I'd imagine that some might disagree with R1, R3, R12, R14

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive posted every round in this thread, but as a breakdown I have him polling the following
R2: 1 Vote (28D, Loss to Collingwood. Was Sydney's best player, Maxwell may get the 1 though) no votes
R3: 2 Votes (28D, Smashed Adelaide. Jack, Kennedy and Franklin will fight for the 2 and 1) no votes
R5: 3 Votes (38D, Beat Fremantle. BOG) Agree
R7: 3 Votes (34D+2Goals, Smashed Brisbane) Agree
R8: 2 Votes (36D, Beat Hawthorn. 2nd Best behind Hannebery) Agree
R9: 3 Votes (39D, Beat Essendon. BOG) Agree
R12: 3 Votes (28D+2 Goals. Sydney winning gave him the two above Ablett, and his 2 goals pushed him above Hannebery imo) Gave him 1 here, behind Ablett and Jack (was huge in the 2nd half)
R14: 1 Vote (24D, Beat Richmond. Sydneys best midfielder in an ugly game) Agree
R15: 1 Vote (29D+2 Goals, Beat GWS. Slightly edged out by Jack and Franklin) Agree
R17: 3 Votes (41D, Beat Carlton. BOG) Agree
22 Votes in total

I'd imagine that some might disagree with R1, R3, R12, R14

Also have him with 2 in Rd 11, big win over Geelong, but with a big question mark over this game as there are about 6 players who could raffle the votes!

Selwood and SJ will share a big percentage of the Geelong votes. SJ just hasn't been talked up as much as he got suspended. They have both played well and played poorly in the same games so who knows which way the umpires will flip on the 3 votes.

ROUND 17

ADEL V HAW
3 P Dangerfield (Adel)
2 S Mitchell (Haw)
1 J Gunston (Haw)

MELB v GEEL
3 J Selwood (Geel)
2 S Johnson (Geel)
1 H McIntosh (Geel)

NM v ST K
3 T Goldstein (NM)
2 B Harvey (NM)
1 D Armitage (St K)

WB v GC
3 J Macrae (WB)
2 W Minson (WB)
1 L Dahlhaus (WB)

SYD v CARL
3 J Kennedy (Syd)
2 L Franklin (Syd)
1 K Jack (Syd)

BRIS v WCE
3 S Martin (Bris)
2 L Shuey (WCE)
1 M Priddis (WCE)

RICH v PA
3 T Boak (PA)
2 T Cotchin (Rich)
1 J Riewoldt (Rich)

ESS v COLL
3 J Carlisle (Ess)
2 B Stanton (Ess)
1 P Chapman (Ess)

FREO v GWS
3 N Fyfe (Freo)
2 H Ballantyne (Freo)
1 T Greene (GWS)

LEADERBOARD
23 G Ablett (GC)
19 J Kennedy (Syd)
18 B Harvey (NM), S Pendlebury (Coll)
17 R Gray (PA), J Selwood, S Johnson* (Geel)
15 D Beams (Coll), T Cotchin (Rich), N Fyfe* (Freo)

ROUND 18 – PART ONE

CARL v NM
3 L Henderson (Carl)
2 J Waite (Carl)
1 B Gibbs (Carl)

ST K v FREO
3 N Riewoldt (St K)
2 R Stanley (St K)
1 L Dunstan (St K)

GEEL v GWS
3 J Selwood (Geel)
2 C Ward (GWS)
1 S Johnson (Geel)

PA v MELB
3 D Tyson (Melb)
2 O Wines (PA)
1 R Gray (PA)

WB v ESS
3 J Carlisle (Ess)
2 P Ryder (Ess)
1 J Macrae (WB)

i'd be really wary about boak's season. he has had some very good games, but some very quiet ones also, and has had better seasons the past. I have him at least 4 behind gray.

I agree that Gray is an unknown however, both are playing there best seasons by statistics... Gray by some margin, Boak a small improvement... Boak also often polls when he has 30 or near enough touches, which he has done on 9 occassions this season (2 in losses) and posting bigger numbers in his good games then the past.... I will have a look at your posts later and do a comparison to see where I have potentially underpolled Gray/overpolled Boak compared to you.

Last edited:
I agree that Gray is an unknown however, both are playing there best seasons by statistics... Gray by some margin, Boak a small improvement... Boak also often polls when he has 30 or near enough touches, which he has done on 9 occassions this season (2 in losses) and posting bigger numbers in his good games then the past.... I will have a look at your posts later and do a comparison to see where I have potentially underpolled Gray/overpolled Boak compared to you.

no worries, be good to compare them. the thing i find with boak is that his good games are very clear good games and he really stands out - i have him getting:
rnd 4: 3 votes v bris (41 touches, 1 goal)
rnd 6: 3 v geel (32 touches, 2 goals)
rnd 10: 3 v haw (34 touches, 1 goal, 7 tackles)
rnd 11: 1 v melb (28 touches, 1 goal)
rnd 15: 1 v adel (33 touches, 1 goal but a 23 point loss)
rnd 17: 3 v rich (39 touches, 1 goal, 20 point loss)

has kicked 13 goals this year.

the thing with Gray is not only has he kicked 26 goals himself, he is number 1 in AFL this year for goal assists - so is right under the ump eye with a lot of scores, and score involvements. also top 20 for contested possies and clearances, so working under their noses a fair bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back