2014 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

For those watching.... 2 votes to Gray (3 to Neale)? Just a guess looking at the stats.

Hard to say. Neale set up the win with his 3rd quarter, but isn't as flashy, Ballantyne could get in the votes with a huge 2nd half but don't reckon he was good enough,Gray could get 1-3 but will feature in the votes.

Did I dun goof?

IsvhngC.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't watch the game but Hawkins 7 goals, could he edge out Selwood for 3?

And how did games from caddy, Duncan, stokes, Enright and Bartel compare to Selwood?

Didn't watch the game but Hawkins 7 goals, could he edge out Selwood for 3?

And how did games from caddy, Duncan, stokes, Enright and Bartel compare to Selwood?

Very hard to split Hawkins, Selwood and Caddy...... They will be the 3 but could really be in any order depending on what the umps were thinking at the time.

Hawkins and Selwood to split the 3/2, leaning to Hawkins. Bartel, Caddy and Duncan a coin flip for the 1

3. Hawkins
2. Selwood
1. Bartel

Joel Selwood might just be about to win his first Brownlow medal
Agree....and by my calculations he'll probably pass Ablett in the last round. (Oh the drama.)
As for Gray, I can't see him being a winning chance at any stage of the count....may squeeze into the top 10 at best.
Whatever happens, this will be one hell of a count.

Happy with my Selwood Brownlow bet @ $7.50 & Gray for most Port votes at $13 (Libba Brownlow @ $51 not so much),

Now, just need Sauce to get 3 votes today to hopefully give him a chance at most Votes at Crows @$21.

:oops:

A forwarding booting a bag of goals like Hawkins doesn't necessarily equal the 3 votes, especially when a vote magnet like Selwood was prolific.

But having a look at Hawkins history, last year he only booted two bags of 5+ goals in a game. His 5 goals against Saints didnt earn him a vote, nor did his 6 goal effort against Port Adelaide.

Wind back the clock to 2012 it was a different story. He had 6 goals vs Bris (3 votes), 6 goals vs Haw (3 votes) 6 goals vs Stk (2 votes), while he failed to poll against Essendon with 5 goals.

That's six games of 5+ goals and only twice has he got the 3 votes, albeit he did boot 7 last night. Will be touch and go with Selwood you would think, with Duncan for 1 vote.

A forwarding booting a bag of goals like Hawkins doesn't necessarily equal the 3 votes, especially when a vote magnet like Selwood was prolific.

But having a look at Hawkins history, last year he only booted two bags of 5+ goals in a game. His 5 goals against Saints didnt earn him a vote, nor did his 6 goal effort against Port Adelaide.

Wind back the clock to 2012 it was a different story. He had 6 goals vs Bris (3 votes), 6 goals vs Haw (3 votes) 6 goals vs Stk (2 votes), while he failed to poll against Essendon with 5 goals.

That's six games of 5+ goals and only twice has he got the 3 votes, albeit he did boot 7 last night. Will be touch and go with Selwood you would think, with Duncan for 1 vote.

Rosebury wasn't umpiring last night. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back