2014 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

What do we reckon about the Dees most votes? Tyson or Jones?
Jones deserves favoritism, is the proven vote getter of the two. Tyson has played some really good games and his clearance work has been excellent but he does turnover the ball. Jones rarely makes mistakes, I think they'll both poll well and wouldn't be surprised if Tyson gets more, but the element of him not really polling before as opposed to Jones who does, makes it a non-betting market for me.

Jones deserves favoritism, is the proven vote getter of the two. Tyson has played some really good games and his clearance work has been excellent but he does turnover the ball. Jones rarely makes mistakes, I think they'll both poll well and wouldn't be surprised if Tyson gets more, but the element of him not really polling before as opposed to Jones who does, makes it a non-betting market for me.

Jones is too short to be worth it

Feel like the bookies have got it pretty right (albeit with their usual ridiculously framed markets) with the team vote markets this year. I've got a couple that present value but they're far from the Brad Ebert's and Jonathan Giles' of years gone past.

Feel like the bookies have got it pretty right (albeit with their usual ridiculously framed markets) with the team vote markets this year. I've got a couple that present value but they're far from the Brad Ebert's and Jonathan Giles' of years gone past.
agreed overall. main ones that offer some value is marc murphy, dayne beams, shane mumford, david swallow (in the ablett-out market), jackson macrae.
the other one that is hard to really line up is jordan lewis. a lot of touches, but hasnt polled well in the past in a strong, winning team (can say that gray also hasnt polled, but has been in some heavy losing teams, plus largely up forward in those years)

out of interest, where do others have hannebery in the sydney votes? i had him finishing on 16, but when looking back on some games, there could be a case for him polling in a couple of matches i didnt award votes. he hada big purple patch from round 5-11 or so, and then finished okay when he came back.

if kennedy didnt poll as expected, then the $34 on hannebery to top Sydney may get intersting (there are a lot of potential pollers there - kennedy, buddy, parker, hannebery, so just wonder how many there are to go around)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You changed quick. Im sure it wasnt long ago you said murph wouldn't be top 3 for the blues. All of a sudden hes 3rd

I only said he had no chance of taking our most votes ;)

Disgrace. Should change his username ;)

Gibbs had a terrific year. Will most likely win B&F. At $1.33 for Team Votes, I'm not anchoring.

I love Murph. Gibbs had a stunning year though - he has been crunched after opening ~1.66 for Carlton most votes. Gibbs mid-teens.

Randomish question ... Does anyone give Nathan Jones any votes in the Round 1, St Kilda V Melbourne game and if so how many? Thanks

hey fellas, i've got a large multi riding on the last leg which is 'Stevie Johnson leader after round 4 (Selwood excluded)'..i got him at $4.50 and he is into $1.95 now.

do you guys have him leading after round 4? or should i hedge on a few other players? etc. Ablett, riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back