2014 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

What was the fake medal being passed around the Doggies table last night. Is it some sort of game your boys play on Brownlow night.

What was the fake medal being passed around the Doggies table last night. Is it some sort of game your boys play on Brownlow night.
It's the Chris Grant Medal, and it would have been awarded to Nat Fyfe had Priddis not overtaken him in the last round.

It looks exactly like the Brownlow, except instead of three letters in the monogram (A, F and L), it has six (R, O, two B's, E and D) :p

I thought it was one the boys Footscray's premiership medallions and they were just on the piss and taking the piss.

Anybody as surprised I was when Gwilt got the one vote for the saints against us, when he kicked three after moving forward, but he only moved forward because Stringer (kicking four or five from memory, dominated the game and got the Rising Star nomination) was giving him an absolute bath, and Gwilt was WOG for two and a half quarters until they moved him forward. That was a farce. Stringer should have 100% gotten votes in that game.

I've just realised he hasn't gotten any Brownlow votes after not getting any RS votes. What a farce. He won't fly under the radar too long when he's one of the leagues' best players.

Stringer is the most talented young player we have - more than Macrae, Bonts, Dahlhaus, Libba, etc. He's gonna be a gun.

Anybody as surprised I was when Gwilt got the one vote for the saints against us, when he kicked three after moving forward, but he only moved forward because Stringer (kicking four or five from memory, dominated the game and got the Rising Star nomination) was giving him an absolute bath, and Gwilt was WOG for two and a half quarters until they moved him forward. That was a farce. Stringer should have 100% gotten votes in that game.

I've just realised he hasn't gotten any Brownlow votes after not getting any RS votes. What a farce. He won't fly under the radar too long when he's one of the leagues' best players.

Stringer is the most talented young player we have - more than Macrae, Bonts, Dahlhaus, Libba, etc. He's gonna be a gun.
The umpires probably hate the swagger

The umpires probably hate the swagger
Umpires hate us, it is a collective thing. Chris Mitchell was my Sport teacher in high school, he admitted he was a bulldog supporter and that it was unwise to say it. I asked why, he said more to do with the umpiring freternity then conflict of interests....

Brownlow Votes: 3 Cooney 2 Crameri 1 Gwilt
SC Points: Cooney 139, Stringer 129, Higgins/Schnieder 109, Crameri/Steven 104, Ross 104, Dempser 97, Newnes 92, Riewoldt/Armiatage 90, Griffen 89, Fisher 87, Bontempelli/Gwilt 85.

Our Ching votes was 5 Cooney 4 Stringer 3 Morris (I can accept Morris not being in the reckoning, he was a key defender), 2 Higgins, 1 Crameri

So what should have happened was 3 Cooney 2 Stringer 1 Higgins/Crameri
And if they wanted to give a token vote to St. Kilda, give it to Ross or someone like that, who played a really good game for a young player.

Don't give it to Gwilt who Stringer absolutely smashed for most of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Done to Priddis. Underrated workhorse.

I haven't got time to read all the posts, but has anyone mentioned the possibility of the final votes being rigged to ensure Fyfe didn't win?
I know it is unlikely, but Vlad was heard on radio the other day saying that they know who has won by the counting of RD 11 as they tally the votes to build suspense and get the order right.
If you look at the stats, Priddis didn't have a remarkable fame for a pure midfielder, whereas M Lecras had a 4 goal game as a half forward / mid, a role in which he polled 3 votes for in Rd 1 against us and again in Rd 22 with very similar output to his stats in Rd 23 where surprise surprise, he failed to poll a vote.
There were plenty of players that day worthy of votes more than Priddis, Jack Martin kicked 4 goals for the suns and IIRC got the RS nom.
Anyway it is all conspiracy theory, which I love, can't get enough of it, so I just thought I'd put it out there for discussion.
It saves face for the AFL regarding Fyfe

You know it makes sense (even though there are potential holes, so pick it to pieces)

Didn't recognise Aker with his black hair and beard :eek:

885777-e66a625c-422c-11e4-b1b2-871c50b86f82.jpg

Well Done to Priddis. Underrated workhorse.

I haven't got time to read all the posts, but has anyone mentioned the possibility of the final votes being rigged to ensure Fyfe didn't win?
I know it is unlikely, but Vlad was heard on radio the other day saying that they know who has won by the counting of RD 11 as they tally the votes to build suspense and get the order right.
If you look at the stats, Priddis didn't have a remarkable fame for a pure midfielder, whereas M Lecras had a 4 goal game as a half forward / mid, a role in which he polled 3 votes for in Rd 1 against us and again in Rd 22 with very similar output to his stats in Rd 23 where surprise surprise, he failed to poll a vote.
There were plenty of players that day worthy of votes more than Priddis, Jack Martin kicked 4 goals for the suns and IIRC got the RS nom.
Anyway it is all conspiracy theory, which I love, can't get enough of it, so I just thought I'd put it out there for discussion.
It saves face for the AFL regarding Fyfe

You know it makes sense (even though there are potential holes, so pick it to pieces)
Not sure if serious but I'll assume you are, for the moment ...

The flaw in this theory is that at least three umpires as well as a handful of AFL officials would have to be in on the deal and be told/paid to hush up. People being what they are, it would eventually leak out and cause irreparable harm to the reputation of the Brownlow, one of the AFL's showcase events. Not worth the risk, even if they were so inclined.

So I can't totally rule it out but it would be a very long shot.

However ... as a conspiracy watcher (and frequent water-pourer) it did also occur to me that it was very convenient for the AFL that Priddis got those votes in Rd 23!

Not sure if serious but I'll assume you are, for the moment ...

The flaw in this theory is that at least three umpires as well as a handful of AFL officials would have to be in on the deal and be told/paid to hush up. People being what they are, it would eventually leak out and cause irreparable harm to the reputation of the Brownlow, one of the AFL's showcase events. Not worth the risk, even if they were so inclined.

So I can't totally rule it out but it would be a very long shot.

However ... as a conspiracy watcher (and frequent water-pourer) it did also occur to me that it was very convenient for the AFL that Priddis got those votes in Rd 23!
To hell with your rationality.
What about Tower 7?!
It was all the American government in league with the lizard people!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back