Competitions 2014 Bulldogs Supercoach & Dreamteam Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez our BF League is tough (we are 46th ranked League) - I'm winning the work League and coming 15th in the BF League (8th by total points tho :cry:).

2561 still not enough to score a win this week! You guys are tough!

Ditto, I got 2558 this week and also lost in the same league.

When does Ryan Griffen return? Read somewhere that Libba's scoring almost doubles with him playing this year

When does Ryan Griffen return? Read somewhere that Libba's scoring almost doubles with him playing this year

Good chance to be back this week as he has apparently trained strongly last few days. But with his back I think it'll be a week to week type thing and how he pulls up.

Hi Gents,

So the obvious one from the weekend, why was Macrae the sub and is this something that is likely to happen again in the coming weeks?

Thanks
McCartney indicated that Jacko has been doing a few things wrong and 'letting us down' on the field, and that he was lucky to keep his spot. I also sense he's been out on his feet a bit recently and it might have been a way to rest him without losing him for the week.

Given what he said after the game I wouldn't be surprised if he has a game at Footscray but I can't be sure of it.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-06/mccartney-rues-missed-chance

Hey guys, Im looking to pull off a crazy more in DT to try shoot up the rankings along the lines of SJ (despite avoiding suspension) out for super jet Macrae...

Now can I trust the young kid to go big (110+) for the rest of the year in your expert opinions?
Unfortunately havent caught too many recent Dogs games (besides against our mob, water under the bridge right? ;)) so havent been watching how he went. I know he was just absolutely everywhere against us and I see he still scored a decent ton vs a tough Hawks side last week.

Cant really look too much into history for Jacko so would just need observations from you guys like if he seems to tire out late in games? Cop any knocks/niggles? Thrown around in different roles/positions? Macca still unhappy with him for some reason?

Any advice would be appreciated! :D:thumbsu:

Hey guys, Im looking to pull off a crazy more in DT to try shoot up the rankings along the lines of SJ (despite avoiding suspension) out for super jet Macrae...

Now can I trust the young kid to go big (110+) for the rest of the year in your expert opinions?
Unfortunately havent caught too many recent Dogs games (besides against our mob, water under the bridge right? ;)) so havent been watching how he went. I know he was just absolutely everywhere against us and I see he still scored a decent ton vs a tough Hawks side last week.

Cant really look too much into history for Jacko so would just need observations from you guys like if he seems to tire out late in games? Cop any knocks/niggles? Thrown around in different roles/positions? Macca still unhappy with him for some reason?

Jacko always looks cooked, it's just the way he runs, haha. He hasn't missed a game this year and even late in the season he's having 30-40+ disposal games. He's only really been quiet against Melbourne the first time around, Cross taught him a bit of a lesson.

He doesn't cop too many niggles, is always in the action (on the ball and up forward, as you saw) and I think he'd be down at Footscray if a month later he hadn't satisfied the coach's demands. I think the team's pretty settled, anyway. I can see all the SC/DT players cracking it on Facebook because Honeychurch/Fuller aren't getting a game :p

I think it'd be a pretty safe bet, he's been dependable all year and that won't change. :thumbsu:

Had him all year intending him to be a major cash cow, but he is now staying. Might have to trade Bonty & Docherty for Rockliff now..;)

Had him all year intending him to be a major cash cow, but he is now staying. Might have to trade Bonty & Docherty for Rockliff now..;)

Same. I started with him also just happy with him being a cash cow and traded him out in the bye rounds having served his purpose..
Didnt realize he was gonna keep killing it!

Think you guys have 99% convinced me, should pay off this week although then you guys have tougher opponents in North and Swans.. although I want to have Macrae in my side in the last round vs GWS. Would be the short priced favorite to be my DT's Norm Smith winner!

Is will minson playing injured seems to be struggling, also any chance honeychurch will get another game this year?

Minson had back issues in the pre-season and it's hampered him all year, I'm surprised he has played every game this year.

Honeychurch is a decent chance of getting another game but got guys like Hrovat, Hunter, Dahlhaus and Stevens in front of him plus also Gia who will get a farewell game. I wouldn't count on it but its a possibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey fellas,

Just a quick one. I play in a pretty intense SC keeper league and currently have a rebuilding list.

I'm looking at bringing in Bontempelli via a trade (for Aish + Lennon, for the record) and I was just wondering where you see his ceiling?

I'm regretting passing him over in the draft (picked Aish @ 2 and Scharenberg @ 6 over him :( ) and think given his year to year improvement he could just be the next Fyfe-esque player.

Was hoping for some (hopefully unbiased :p ) advice on where you see Bontempelli's ceiling/likelihood of reaching it. Both as a player and supercoacher.

Much appreciated :)

Hey fellas,

Just a quick one. I play in a pretty intense SC keeper league and currently have a rebuilding list.

I'm looking at bringing in Bontempelli via a trade (for Aish + Lennon, for the record) and I was just wondering where you see his ceiling?

I'm regretting passing him over in the draft (picked Aish @ 2 and Scharenberg @ 6 over him :( ) and think given his year to year improvement he could just be the next Fyfe-esque player.

Was hoping for some (hopefully unbiased :p ) advice on where you see Bontempelli's ceiling/likelihood of reaching it. Both as a player and supercoacher.

Much appreciated :)
He has no ceiling.

I'm being honest. This season he has played as a CHF, and played damn well. He has played as a midfielder, and played damn well. He's even floated back to take some marks down back. He's the youngest player on our list. As a supercoacher, I see no reason why he can't be a 100+ average player. I wouldn't say he'll do it next year, but the year after. Next year will be more like a 95 average I'd guess.

Is it true Gia has been promised a full game this week against the Giants?

I'm into my UF draft league granny, would love to slot him into the fwd line for old times sake.
Yes, he's going to be playing a full game this week. But he looks pretty slow and past it, so not sure how he'll go.

How did Sweet Jesus go in the magoos? Any chance of a call up? Out of trades and been smashed by suspension and injury, so this would be a godsend.
I'd highly doubt he'll be getting a call up. Has periods of the game where he lights it up, but then slows down a bit. Seems tired. He'll play VFL finals instead.
Hunter would probably come in ahead of him as well.

I'd highly doubt he'll be getting a call up. Has periods of the game where he lights it up, but then slows down a bit. Seems tired. He'll play VFL finals instead.
Hunter would probably come in ahead of him as well.

Dire times then, looks like a donut, but cheers for the info.

2 Big Footy Dogs 1 players are still in the Real Dream Team Eliminator

Great effort CallanWardFanClub and Western Archers (WA won the weekly a few weeks ago also).

Big Footy Dogs 1 was a Tough League (TM). Ranked 24 overall for leagues.

I finished 155 overall but got knocked out in this league from 5th spot in the first final. Disappointing, but I'll be back next year!

Big Footy Dogs 1 was a Tough League (TM). Ranked 24 overall for leagues.

I finished 155 overall but got knocked out in this league from 5th spot in the first final. Disappointing, but I'll be back next year!
We finished 24th :( top league was you win $3600 or something spread out. Yeah I was Muppets, came 6th but Bradburied my way to win our league, came 31st overall. Twas speaking to Western Archers on the AFL/DT board, as he won the Eliminator and round 20 weekly. Great effort by him.

Hopefully us guys can stick together if we're this competitive and have a crack at the top league next year.

Off season ultimate team Keepers league... looking at trading for either stringer or hunter. How do these 2 rate against each other for next year and beyond?
Stringer. No analysis needed. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back