Competitions 2014 Carlton Board Knockout Footy Tipping

GordonBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Now that footy is back, so am I. In between Arsenal doing good and doing other stuff, I have not been on here for a while...

OK so the comp is back for 2014 and the competition has received a massive face-lift.

The major issues in previous years is that when I get really busy at work, I don't have time to update the thread.

However this season I am using two methods to ensure this doesn't happen this year.

1. I am automating everything. So every week I just need to put the results in and it will automatically tell me who has gone through and who has been knocked out. Also weekly tips are automated. So it will take no time to update

2. Mod are going to also keep track on the thread and ensure it remains updated.

Another thing I am currently working on is a macro speadsheet that will ask the participants to down and select their tip via an automated form. This will automatically tell you if your tips are compliant. So no more PM tips and submitting non-compliant tips.

This will take a couple of weeks to put together as it will require quite a bit of code, but once completely I will post on here for people to download.

I haven't spoken to the mods if there will be any prizes this year, however I will update when more is known. Would love to have a badge involved.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:

ANYONE CAN ENTER THIS COMP. THE MORE THE MERRIER

I ran this competition the last three years and it has been very successful.

Here is a link to the 2011 thread re this comp: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803447&highlight=Knockout Footy Tipping

Here is a link to the 2012 thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2012-carlton-board-knockout-footy-tipping.910350/

Here is a link to the 2013 thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2013-carlton-board-knockout-footy-tipping.994580/

HALL OF FAME:
2011 Champion: Bluesque
2012 Champion: esoteric
2013 Champion: ODNBlue

This is a footy tipping comp with a dif.

Just tip one game for every round for all 23 rounds before the first game of round 1.

End of year tie breaker will be a tip for who you think will finish 9th (again to be tipped before round 1 begins)

You will advance to the next round should you get the tip right. Should you get a tip wrong, then you are knocked out of the competition.

A DRAW IS NOT TIPPING A WINNER, HENCE YOU GET KNOCKED OUT!

The last person in the comp wins.

If there is more than one person left and then the following week they all get eliminated (i.e. all get their tips wrong), then they will not get eliminated as there needs to be one person left standing to be heralded the winner. If by round 23 there is still more than one person left (very doubtful but just in case), then the person who's chosen team is closest to 9th place will win.

Restrictions:

-You Cannot tip the same team twice in a row
-You Cannot tip the same team more than 5 times throughout the year
-You Cannot tip against the same team more than 5 times throughout the year

PRIZE:
To Be Confirmed

Your tips need to be lodge by completing the yet to be completed excel macro form. You will need to PM or email me the completed spreadsheet before 7:30pm on Friday 14 March 2014. Tips lodged after that deadline will not be accepted.

FORM TO BE COMPLETED HAS NOT BEEN PUT TOGETHER YET. YOU ARE NOT JUST PM THE TIPS AS PREVIOUS YEARS.

You may change your tips until Friday 14 March 2014. After this deadline, you may not change your tips.

It really is that simple. You only post your tips ONCE and never have to do them again all year.

First you need to post if you are interested in playing so I can see the numbers.

GOOD LUCK! :)
2014 Participant (BLUE BOLD = Tips received compliant; RED BOLD = Tips received non compliant):
BlueGunners
Bluesque
SYBM

Aphrodite
ODNBlue
Just Kreuzing
The Toad
pepalenko
Claypigeon
Jeremias
I bleed Blue
Chism
darryl 23

Kramer1
Bluella
JamisonRun40
bluebird101
bluebunz
wally funk
esoteric
Jabba73
etsal1
AceAndy

BM123
akkaps
The Big Sticks
ferrisb

nbaman1
Premiership Quarter
BIGGUS64
invinciBlues

BluesMan
Marc Shmurf 3
a_shot_on_ehlo
Squida25
CrippsonBlue

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2008
Mamba Style !!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers
How did you find time to type the OP....:D

We all know when we are in and out anyway GB and usually reveal if we have been eliminated anyway so dont worry too much about being behind with the updates, you do a terrific job.

I will go again !!:thumbsu:

GordonBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
How did you find time to type the OP....:D

We all know when we are in and out anyway GB and usually reveal if we have been eliminated anyway so dont worry too much about being behind with the updates, you do a terrific job.

I will go again !!:thumbsu:
True, but this time I am working on a super duper VBA code that I hope to make everything easier and can be reused from year to year.

I am seriously a sad individual for looking forward to writing this code. It's s**t like this that keeps me off here during the off-season

Oct 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
True, but this time I am working on a super duper VBA code that I hope to make everything easier and can be reused from year to year.

I am seriously a sad individual for looking forward to writing this code. It's s**t like this that keeps me off here during the off-season

Really, I though it was just the late night rantings of one of drunkards.

pepalenko

rolling with my cronies
May 4, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, SanFransisco 49s, Yankees
I'm in.

sent from off-site

GordonBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
13 players already interested... :thumbsu:

The form is coming along. Should hopefully upload it by the end of the week so people can post their tips.

Back