Roast 2014 Comical commentary thread

JustKickIt

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The Hamish/Basil double show in the Hawthorn vs Gold Coast game was the worst commentary of all time. In this universe, all parallel ones, and everywhere in between. The guys are a disgrace to the game.
If we removed every sentence devoted to Ablett and Bruest, how much actual commentary do you reckon there was?

If we removed every sentence devoted to Ablett and Bruest, how much actual commentary do you reckon there was?
I believe Hodge mentioned something about Gaz.

Nov 21, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, West Perth
The Hamish/Basil double show in the Hawthorn vs Gold Coast game was the worst commentary of all time. In this universe, all parallel ones, and everywhere in between. The guys are a disgrace to the game.

Oh Grizz you philistine. What Hamish and Basil do isn't commentary it's a type of performance art. You just aren't sophisticated enough to truly understand the nuances and subtleties of their work. You have to have read the complete works of Keates, Shakespeare and the philosophy of Aristotle to even begin to comprehend the different levels and depth to their broadcast. For example Jordan Lewis' first goal vs GC- quoting Hamish "Lewis goes searching and Lewis goes finding", sometimes genius is hard to explain it just speaks for itself.

Getting a bit sick of Bruce saying "Oh that's CLEVER!" whenever a no-look-get-it-forward-scrubbing-kick-along the-boundary happens to stay in...

Hodginator

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Missed the game tonight.... please tell me Bruce said "the next goal is ....... [big or important or huge or massive]"
He definitely said it in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. Can't remember exactly. But he definitely said something along the lines of "you just get the feeling that the next goal plays a big part in this match"

Aug 13, 2006
Thailand
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks.

They aren't just a disgrace to the game, they're a disgrace to mankind. Didn't get TV of the game, listened to the ABC, which was so superior to Hamish Head and Basil Brush. must watched the replay and believe Bas and Ham must have been paid every time they called, GA Junior, Gaz, the little champ, or made any reference to him.

How many times did he turn the ball over? I counted 10 out of 17 during the first and second quarters.

I really was pissed off when they didn't mention his name when Jordie took that one handed mark over him, and goaled.

There should be a place to bury these hopeless, tunnel vision commentators! Sorry, but after watching West Coast and Freo, I have to inclyde Dermie with the rest of the rabble.

Hold it right there Griz. Are you forgetting Tim Lane & Malcolm Blight on a Saturday Night? Those 2 used to have me praying for the Off Season...

JustKickIt

Premiership Player
Sep 5, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Haha yes "dont you"? He also loves saying "hey"? after everything atm, painful stuff
Definitely past his useby date..... but with fellas like Hamish and Basil waiting in the wings, perhaps we are better off with the devil we know too well.

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
BT on the radio just now, "Gia swings around and goes for goal and misses the lot", Richo "No he's got it" :rolleyes:

Ha ha! Another one of these on the TV right now when Heppell kicked a goal and BT though he had missed, complete with correction from Richo again. Methinks BT needs to get to Specsavers!!! ;)

Ha ha! Another one of these on the TV right now when Heppell kicked a goal and BT though he had missed, complete with correction from Richo again. Methonks BT needs to get to Specsavers!!! ;)

Not to mention 62 to 53 is 10 points in front according to BT

BigMick1

All Australian
Aug 7, 2010
Tumut , NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
On the couch making me sick!! Healy/ Sheahan getting quite excited in a scary way about Shitney, Hawthorn gone, Lake to be executed !! I have had a gutful of the media bias.

Glasgow Hawk

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Celtic FC, Toronto Maple Leafs
Imagine if you could get paid to talk s**t all week like they do. And win awards for it.

I have been known to talk a lot of sh1t at times and I don't get paid anywhere near what these flogs would be paid.

upload_2014-7-8_12-45-3.jpeg

Back