Roast 2014 Comical commentary thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Your mistake was to read/watch/listen to/take notice of Robbo.

Or even know who Robbo is.
Well I was naive what can I say...I mean the guy is the chief editor at the Herald Sun and is a co-host of the most watched AFL footy show on cable, a normal person would assume this guy had some intelligence based on his CV

Well I was naive what can I say...I mean the guy is the chief editor at the Herald Sun and is a co-host of the most watched AFL footy show on cable, a normal person would assume this guy had some intelligence based on his CV

But then he opens his mouth any any semblance of intelligence falls away faster than a Carlton team come late August. Any Carlton team, take your pick. Senior AFL team... VFL team... VFL development team... ;)

But then he opens his mouth any any semblance of intelligence falls away faster than a Carlton team come late August. Any Carlton team, take your pick. Senior AFL team... VFL team... VFL development team... ;)
not a bad weekend for Carlton only about -400

Last edited:

It was so refreshing (I never thought is say this about BT and Darcy) to hear a game where the commentators weren't barracking for the other team. They just called the game and got excited for both teams when they played great footy.

Also good to hear them call out the rubbish the umps were serving up particularly the Bartel incident. Such a change from the clowns on Friday night who try it get Hawks players rubbed out for sneezing.

BT, "Free kick against Spangher, no it's Isaac Smith"... um, how can you get Spang confused with anyone let alone Smith o_O
At least he knows who Poppy and Laidler are.

Ling said it was "un-jimmy like" to stage for a free kick

That said, I thought Ling was great in the post-game with Lewis and Langford. Shows genuine enthusiasm. Harley should watch and educate himself about what it means to be a commentator not a sourpuss.

OT, I also thought it was weird. Bartel has been a Geelong player I've respected and enjoyed watching over the journey. But that was really pathetic.

Wayne Carey- Josh Gibson needs another two years at his current level to be considered a champion.

Yeah okay....
I noticed that too. Gibbo is cool under pressure and always seems to find time to pick out a team mate.

Watching him and Schoe close to one another at one stage on the ground, I couldn't help feeling that schoe just needs to play the ball. Forget about his man and just go for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wayne Carey- Josh Gibson needs another two years at his current level to be considered a champion.

Yeah okay....

I think Carey must be trolling because Gibson used to play for North. Then again you can never be sure with Carey. Like a true genius he tends to oscillate between brilliant and absurd. Nothing in betweens.

Huddo getting confused between WC's Jamie Bennell and GC's Harley Bennell - says one is pronounced Benn-il and the other is Benn-ell. Must have forgotten they are cousins and share the same name.

Huddo getting confused between WC's Jamie Bennell and GC's Harley Bennell - says one is pronounced Benn-il and the other is Benn-ell. Must have forgotten they are cousins and share the same name.

But apparently they do pronounce it differently, being cousins notwithstanding. I have heard several commentators mention this not just Huddo.

But apparently they do pronounce it differently, being cousins notwithstanding. I have heard several commentators mention this not just Huddo.
Well how ****ed up is that then?

I thought it was Bennell, as in rhyming with:
fennel.jpg

Mike Sheehan on 'On the Couch':

"The future for GWS has never looked better!"

Really, genius? They didn't reach unmatchable heights in their first 3 years & may actually, one day, finish higher than 16th in an 18-team competition??

Mike Sheehan on 'On the Couch':

"The future for GWS has never looked better!"

Really, genius? They didn't reach unmatchable heights in their first 3 years & may actually, one day, finish higher than 16th in an 18-team competition??

For mine he has the deepest and unrelenting hatred of hawthorn of any commentator.

On Marngrook he tipped Collingwood over Hawthorn, his rationale? I have no logical reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back