2014 cricket winter

Remove this Banner Ad

Sri Lanka - South Africa live bet

• 1.5u South Africa @ $1.60 - score 2/109. Need 231 from 229 balls with 8 wickets in the shed. Crazy odds.
St Lucia - Jamaica T20
  • 0.66u Gayle most runs Jamaica @ $3.50
Trinidad - Barbados T20
  • 0.33u Malik Most Runs Barbados @ $7
Sri Lanka - South Africa - 3rd ODI - 12/7/14
  • 1u South Africa most sixes @ $2.10
  • 0.5u Sangakarra most runs @ $4
  • 1.5u AB most runs v Jayawardene $1.90
Sri Lanka - South Africa series
  • 0.5u Sri Lanka to win @ $3.20
England - India 1st Test - 9/7/14
  • 0.5u Shami most 1st innings wickets India @ $4
  • 0.33u Rahane most runs India @ $8
  • 0.33u India to win @ $4.08
Result = +2.51u
Total = +2.92u

South Africa - Sri Lanka 1st Test
  • 1u Draw @ $2.10. Before you think I'm taking suicidal odds, the weather forecast is crap. It's also been wet, with 4mm falling today. Galle's drainage is better than before the Tsunami but it still isn't great. Drizzling rain as expected over the entire Test could be enough to wipe out entire sessions, especially with significant water already on the outfield. And if the pitch is anything like the one against Bangladesh last year it'll be $1.10 to be a draw anyhow...

England - India 2nd Test
  • 0.5u Shami most 1st innings wickets India @ $4.50. Pretty bland betting options, like the 1st test... Rationale for Shami the same for the first test, we just get slightly better odds. $3.50 shot.
  • 0.5u Pujara most 1st innings runs India @ $5.50. Think $4.50 - $5 is more his price. Has a good temperament and technique and is batting at #3.

Last edited:

Zimbabwe - Afghanistan 1st ODI
  • I would have been all over Zimbabwe if the $1.65 they opened at Topsport was still available. I waited for other bookies to open, but in the meantime, prices are now $1.33 - $1.50. Too short, unfortunately. Zimbabwe should be about $1.40ish.
Guyana - Trinidad
  • 0.5u Ross Taylor most runs Trinidad @ $4.75. Was meant to take him at $5 in the first match, but forgot all about it - and he duly saluted. We know a bit more now, though. He's the class player of the team - not overly keen on Darren Bravo as a T20 player - and is batting at #3. He should be no more than $4 here.

Last edited:
Sri Lanka - South Africa 2nd Test
  • 1u SL to win @ $2.15. Quite keen on this - they need 9 wickets from max 98 overs. With some rain forecast I doubt we will see 98 overs, but 80-odd should still suffice on a wearing wicket - especially considering the SAF capitulation in the first innings on a much flatter track. It's well know that SAF struggle against spin. A fifth day turner doesn't inspire confidence.

1U - INDIA Under 362.5 @ $1.83 (Bet365)
$1.85 available at Sportingbet but limited to $10 there.

England have had trouble finishing the tail in the past but I think this is a good spot for them. Things have got beautifully for them since ball 1 with Cook scoring well & Eng way on top after a great bowling performance yesterday.

Hope Cook has learnt to be more attacking to tail-Enders but even if he doesn't, it's hard to see them put on 40 against Anderson/Broad.

Carribean Premier League

1.5U - Jamaican Tallawahs SU @ $1.80 (Bet365)
  • Bowling Unit hitting form with Vettori, Miller and Taylor all having played great games in the tournament thus far.
  • Batting Unit with Gayle, Walton, Voges & Russell in some good form.

Thoughts on Sri Lanka v Pakistan Test starting tomorrow? Weather ordinary. Rain predicted each day. Heavy stuff over the weekend.

3 units - Draw @ $2.36 (Sports)

Like the prop - Mathews v Ukmal @ Sports.

Mathews has been one of the form bats of world cricket for sometime now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on Sri Lanka v Pakistan Test starting tomorrow? Weather ordinary. Rain predicted each day. Heavy stuff over the weekend.

3 units - Draw @ $2.36 (Sports)

Like the prop - Mathews v Ukmal @ Sports.

Mathews has been one of the form bats of world cricket for sometime now.

I didn't post here but I got sucked in to the Rain hype for the Sri Lanka/South Africa game and lost 2U on that.

There is just no reliable weather forecast for Colombo & heavy rain usually turns out to be bright sunshine.

Not saying that will be the case again but be careful.

Bit of fun:

1U – India 1st Wicket Under 29.5 @ $1.83 (Bet365) WIN

Got Him!!! :)

I didn't post here but I got sucked in to the Rain hype for the Sri Lanka/South Africa game and lost 2U on that.

There is just no reliable weather forecast for Colombo & heavy rain usually turns out to be bright sunshine.

Not saying that will be the case again but be careful.
Two days in and not an over lost to rain.

Caribbean Premier League

0.83U – Barbados Tridents SU @ $2.50 (Bet365)

T&T have been playing great cricket and are at the top of the ladder but they are too short at $1.53 here. Tridents can more than hold their own and have enough match winners to trouble T&T.

Caribbean Premier League

0.83U – Barbados Tridents SU @ $2.50 (Bet365) WIN

Should start tracking my cricket bets.

Last edited:
4th Test: India vs England – Live In-Play

1U – England Over 142.5 Runs After 45 Overs @ $1.90 (Bet365)

4th Test: India vs England – Live In-Play

1U – England Over 142.5 Runs After 45 Overs @ $1.90 (Bet365) WIN

Game Result:
1 – 0 – 0 (+0.9U)

aribbean Premier League – Barbados Tridents vs Jamaica Tallawahs

1U – Barbados Tridents SU @ $2.15 (Tattsbet)

Have the Tridents as slight favourites.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back