Review 2014 Dev Squad grand final - Williamstown v Box Hill Hawks, 13 September 2014, 10.45am @ NPO

Remove this Banner Ad

After smashing their opponents in the preliminary final to the tune of 82 points (with most of the damage done in the second half), Box Hill's development squad has won its way through to seventh consecutive development squad grand final this coming Saturday morning (as the curtain raiser to the preliminary final that afternoon).

Williamstown
B: Bese Deery Hayes
HB: McCallum Casley McKenzie
C: Wyatt Woods Hetherington
HF: Gibbons Conway Bench
F: McConnon Owen Gallucci
Foll: Meese Anastasio Johnstone
Int from: Hoghton Walker Adams Walshe Mead Nastasi Cashman Currie Curtis Nixon Bugeja Greiser Bewley

Box Hill Hawks
B: Thompson Collins Vizzarri
HB: Lawlor Summers Crocker
C: Lock O'Donnell Cassidy
HF: Murphy Tobin Cust
F: P.McEvoy Gordon Post
Foll: Goodwin Wood Andrews
Int from: Soccio Franetic Northe Pell Evans Walker Codd-Miller Bond S.Gibson Miles Fisher Stewart Exon

After smashing their opponents in the preliminary final to the tune of 82 points (with most of the damage done in the second half), Box Hill's development squad has won its way through to seventh consecutive development squad grand final this coming Saturday morning (as the curtain raiser to the preliminary final that afternoon).

Bolded for the utter ridiculousness of this.

Do we reckon that Peter McEvoy will play seniors or Dev? Dev team would struggle without him. He looked good in the senior's QF win though.

It will be a tough call because all the players named in the senior and development teams have been in good form and are worthy of selection. With Tim O'Brien out injured my guess is Pete McEvoy will play in the seniors because I think he is the best replacement for team balance. The Dev team has a very good spread of small/medium onballers/forwards who impact on the scoreboard and I'm confident they will cover the loss if Pete plays in the seniors. Also Tom Gordon has played 3 games since returning from injury and is primed to play a big game.

The first quarter will be ferocious and set up a great game of footy. Go Mustang Hawkers!!!

Do we reckon that Peter McEvoy will play seniors or Dev? Dev team would struggle without him. He looked good in the senior's QF win though.

Good question and good problem to have.

I would prefer as others have stated that he play development squad GF this week but mind you the brothers McEvoy looked good together last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting to get in to the game now...
Ah! That explains it then. Being there and watching it is slightly better than sporadic tweets. Wish we were 1900k's south.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back