2014 Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Could the second half of last weeks game be a season turning point for Diamo, smell an upset here. Or maybe its just the curried egg sandwiches i ate for lunch. Either way i smell something.

Last edited:

Looking forward to getting down to the Kennel tomorrow, fair forward line in action, Harvey, Dowling,Gilbert Didak. Through in Big Florance goals a plenty I think, headaches for the pingers coaching staff, actually would create headaches for any div 1 backline. Hopefully massive crowd to watch the dogs roll on.

Looking forward to getting down to the Kennel tomorrow, fair forward line in action, Harvey, Dowling,Gilbert Didak. Through in Big Florance goals a plenty I think, headaches for the pingers coaching staff, actually would create headaches for any div 1 backline. Hopefully massive crowd to watch the dogs roll on.[/QUOTE. Is Didak only playing the one game? Thought I heard it was a 4 game 16k deal.

Here we go with the tips:
Lalor V Panton Hill: Reckon the Hillers can get up here, Lalor's form has dropped off a bit
Mernda V Diamond Creek: For all the facts that we're 5-1 we still haven't beaten Diamo since Rd 14, 2010. Big game tomorrow, they'll test us with a win under their belt. Big big BIG congratulations to Joshy Delaney for making his senior comeback after his spinal injuries two seasons ago.
North Heidelberg V Epping - Dogs are simply streets ahead of everyone
Fitzroy Stars V Hurstbridge - Bridges much improved last week but Stars slowly coming together for the business end of the season

Round 7.
Lalor vs Panton Hill Expecting the Bloods to bounce back and squash the Redbacks
Mernda vs Diamond Creek The battle of the Demons and although the visitors broke the ice last week think the home side will win
North Heidelberg vs Epping The Doggies are super hot and should handle the Blues with ease
Fitzroy Stars vs Hurstbridge Although their form is up and down the Stars should be able to keep the Bridges at bay

Guess it was the sandwich after all, very impressive by mernda today by all reports. No more flying under the radar. Dogs v demons in 2 weeks will be a real close one I think.

Guess it was the sandwich after all, very impressive by mernda today by all reports. No more flying under the radar. Dogs v demons in 2 weeks will be a real close one I think.

Ehhhhhh the first half was alright, the second half a bit better. We kicked 3.8 in the opening quarter and if you don't take these opportunities that are presented to us we get punished by sides like North Heidelberg.

There's still a few things we need to work on.

We also ended with 17 on the ground, so not ideal that we had a few injuries today to a number of players.

Still I'll very much take the victory, good 10 goal win.

Some huge matchups this week, getting the tips in early:

Diamond Creek V North Heidelberg: For whatever reason North have taken it reasonably easy since they smashed Panton Hill right out of the ballpark in the opening quarter. I still think they will extend their unbeaten run even though Diamo cannot afford to lose this with the possibility of going bottom which would be disastrous coming into the second half of the year now.
Panton Hill V Hurstbridge: This one's a hard one, Panton Hill cannot afford another poor start as they've cost them dearly the last two games. As for Hurstbridge they desperately need a win. Panton Hill did end up getting one of their wins over Hurstbridge at home earlier in the season and if they do so again they clear out from the relegation battle - if they do you'd say one more win might actually get them to safety and yet they could even be percentage out of the four if they win which is crazy.
Lalor V Fitzroy Stars: Fitzroy's building. They are coming. Get their best players in and all of a sudden they are challenging North Heidelberg alongside Mernda at the moment. Very impressive spread of goalkickers against Hurstbridge - 13 of them - and they are really starting to build up for the back end of the season.
Mernda V Epping: This one's going to be an interesting one. We ended up finishing with 17 players against Diamo and we might have to make around five or six changes from the side last Saturday so it's going to have that ripple effect on the reserves and possibly the 19s too. Epping really challenged us in the second half last time so we must go in and have a big performance. What is good for us is that we do have the depth at the moment where we can bring in blokes who can play senior football and will have an impact.

Round 8.

Diamond Creek vs North Heidelberg Can't see the Demons matching it with the red hot premiership favourite Doggies
Panton Hill vs Hurstbridge An interesting game that could go eith way but think the Redbacks at home can outlast the Bridges
Lalor vs Fitzroy Stars Yes, the Stars are on the up and up and should account for the Bloods who are hot and cold
Mernda vs Epping Some massive outs for the Demons - can their old bodies play more than a game or two on the trot ? - so a big chance for the Blues

Absolutely thrilled to get a win today - yes, we didn't play our best, but we did have a number of blokes out who'll be better off having the extra week off and should be cherry ripe for North Heidelberg.

Really impressed by the young guys - Stefanile, Gray, Golledge - who've come in and really made an impact with their bubbly style of football, I thought they were fantastic today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubting how good Nth Heidelberg are, but what the hell has been put in the water at Diamo?? Bottom of the ladder and quite seriously a chance to be a div 3 football club. If they truly are a club that has no aspiration to play div 1 football, then perhaps they see div 3 as the only way to get some silverware!

Round 9.
A couple of interesting matches this week.
Hurstbridge vs Diamond Creek The change in coach should be motivation for the Demons to topple the Bridges
Epping vs Lalor Both teams are hot and cold with the Bloods to just shade the Blues in an important game
North Heidelberg vs Mernda The top of the table clash with the Doggies to continue their unbeaten run at the Demons expense
Fitzroy Stars vs Panton Hill The Stars should be all over the Redbacks and win comfortably.

Gee they're good, North Heidelberg. Not 100 points better than us as the scoreboard suggests but they are a very good side.
It's there's to lose. Most dominant div 2 side I can think of in my memory. I suppose the question may be, have they recruited too well? And how many of these recruits are there to take on div 1 and how many others may see it as a good way to finish. Apart from that would anyone like to make a prediction on relegation?

Round 10.
Hurstbridge vs North Heidelberg Can't see the Bridges getting close to the white hot premiership favourite Doggies
Diamond Creek vs Fitzroy Stars Think the Stars will put an end to the Demons one week win celebration
Panton Hill vs Epping A big opportunity for the Blues to get back on the winners list at the expense of the Redbacks
Mernda vs Lalor The Demons will be looking to bounce back quickly and should do so against the Bloods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back