2014 Div 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ouch.

I've had a pretty busy week... EJ Whitten Legends Game, U/18s been doing fun stuff haha! Only got wind of the whole thing last night.

Um... on Smitty, not going to make too much comment. We'll do what we can to get him back playing footy. That's not my domain, however.

My mail is that Mernda are filthy with the way it all happened. Player gets a yellow for the incident and then the NFL are asked to investigate by ??? Mail also tells me a player walked out on his club after disagreeing on the way his club handled the incident.

Why is every-body being so secretive. Do you have facts or only guessing/stirring.
What did the mernda player do to warrant a yellow card?
Was the Hurstbridge player that "walked" the one who was offended against?
What did/didn't the club do to upset him?

Top 4 settled and either one of bottom four a chance to get relegated! Interesting 5 weeks ahead with Diamo 5th and percentage off last place. Don't know about anyone else but I am going to find it fascinating to see how the relegation stakes battle out.

With the bloods having the top 3 sides over the next 3 weeks will the Hurstbridge loss bite them on the ass, The pingers have the 2 bottom sides in that time. If they can knock over Mernda this week the bloods & pingers match in Rnd 17 will be a beauty. Rough chance yes but the door is open.

With the bloods having the top 3 sides over the next 3 weeks will the Hurstbridge loss bite them on the ass, The pingers have the 2 bottom sides in that time. If they can knock over Mernda this week the bloods & pingers match in Rnd 17 will be a beauty. Rough chance yes but the door is open.

The weird thing about Lalor is I wouldn't write them off over the next two weeks, was a quarter away from knocking over the Stars and always match up well against us.

As for us, we need to play our best footy against Epping and for the rest of the season to build a brand of football that can knock over the Stars and North Heidelberg if we want to win the flag.

Round 14.
Hurstbridge vs Panton Hill At home think the Bridges can get an important win ove rthe Redbacks
Epping vs Mernda As a finalist you would think the Demons should get ove rthe Blues
North Heidelberg vs Diamond Creek Expecting the Doggies to hit the Demons hard after last weeks loss
Fitzroy Stars vs Lalor At the fortress the Stars should hold all the aces aginst the Bloods

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't been around too much. But what a finals series it looks to be like. The stars look to be playing great footy at the right time of the year and will play north Heidelberg in the first final. But the Mernda vs lalor game looks a lot more appealing with Mernda to have 5-6 players to come back in. Tasmanlvr do you have any names of who will be back for the demons in the first final?

But the Mernda vs lalor game looks a lot more appealing with Mernda to have 5-6 players to come back in. Tasmanlvr do you have any names of who will be back for the demons in the first final?

Feel like the Mernda/Fitzroy Stars game in Round 16 could decide second place, wouldn't rule out top two. We did get a good rehearsal on the big Epping ground in any sense last week and we played the ground very well I thought.

I'm keeping cards close to my chest in regards to who's coming back later on. ;)

Haven't been around too much. But what a finals series it looks to be like. The stars look to be playing great footy at the right time of the year and will play north Heidelberg in the first final. But the Mernda vs lalor game looks a lot more appealing with Mernda to have 5-6 players to come back in. Tasmanlvr do you have any names of who will be back for the demons in the first final?

I'm not sure how you can say that the "Mernda vs Lalor game looks a lot more appealing" then a Bulldogs v Stars final. Considering the Stars have just drawn 1 all with the Bulldogs with another game at Sir Douglas Nicholls Oval to add a chapter to the book. Yes Mernda v Lalor may be a knockout final but the other 2 are playing for a grand final spot. I know which id rather be at if i had to choose.

Feel like the Mernda/Fitzroy Stars game in Round 16 could decide second place, wouldn't rule out top two. We did get a good rehearsal on the big Epping ground in any sense last week and we played the ground very well I thought.

I'm keeping cards close to my chest in regards to who's coming back later on. ;)
I was expecting a reply to that extent. As I haven't been around, I hear a few of merndas new recruits are due to come back in the coming weeks. But I am not sure if that will be enough to get them into a grandfinal. Losing big andrew smith is a massive loss for Mernda and I'm not sure it there is anyone to come into the side to fill his void. As for the north vs stars game, if It happens to end up like that. Would be an absolute ripper to watch.

I was expecting a reply to that extent. As I haven't been around, I hear a few of merndas new recruits are due to come back in the coming weeks. But I am not sure if that will be enough to get them into a grandfinal. Losing big andrew smith is a massive loss for Mernda and I'm not sure it there is anyone to come into the side to fill his void. As for the north vs stars game, if It happens to end up like that. Would be an absolute ripper to watch.

The good thing is we do get to play the Stars and North Heidelberg leading in to the finals so with our best side starting to come together we'll see what we can do.

The whole situation with Smitty sucks. Not going to lie. But at the moment I'm pretty sure we're assessing all our options in order to get the bloke back on the field, he's a terrific bloke and he's been well-behaved since he came to Mernda so hopefully that works out in our favour.

A couple of crunch games this round.
Round 15
Diamond Creek vs Fitzroy Stars The Stars are right in teh groove at this stage and should handle the Demons easily
Panton Hill vs Epping An eighth pointer which can go either way but just giving the Redbacks the nod over the Blues
Mernda vs Lalor With a sniff of the double chance still in the air the Demons should topple the Bloods
North Heidelberg vs Hurstbridge Looks like being another tough day at the office for the Bridges

Who has been the stand out player from each club this year?

North - Jeff Ryan
Stars- Dow
Mernda- Hutchinson
Lalor- Hughes
Epping- Moore
Panton hill- Scarce
Creek- Kavanagh
Hurstbridge- Simpson

I reckon Les Adams has been our standout this year TBH. Hutchy's had some good games but you can't have good games up forward without the midfield delivery.

Jack Bianchin, Matty Duggan and Adrian Stefanile (17 years young too) have had very solid years as well.
Very well coached in his early years was young Les, his old man was abit of a nut though.

"The Local Footy Show" THEY NEED YOUR HELP
Unlike all other broadcasters, Community Television stations do not automatically receive the right to operate a transmitter when they are licensed to operate a broadcasting service. At the moment, Community Television stations are licensed through to mid-2019 – but their transmitter licences expire on 31 December 2014. To continue transmitting beyond that date, the Minister for Communications, Malcolm Turnbull, needs to make a decision about the future of Community Television. Without a positive decision, Community Television will be forced off air by the end of this year.

https://www.facebook.com/TheLocalFootyShow
or click here to sign the petition
http://i.committocommunitytv.org.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Back