2014 div 3

Remove this Banner Ad

The most one sided grand final I've witnessed since Port Adelaide in 2007. Reservoir lucky not to have finished on the wrong end of a triple figure margin. Questions to be asked of the recruiting in recent years? How many players have been brought in close to or above 30 years of age? They looked slow and heavy right from the first bounce.

On the flip side, Thomastown looked faster and hungrier and were clearly the year's best side. They will need a couple of talls to help progress into Div 2, but the core of the midfield and mid sized players will give them confidence heading into next year.

The most one sided grand final I've witnessed since Port Adelaide in 2007. Reservoir lucky not to have finished on the wrong end of a triple figure margin. Questions to be asked of the recruiting in recent years? How many players have been brought in close to or above 30 years of age? They looked slow and heavy right from the first bounce.

On the flip side, Thomastown looked faster and hungrier and were clearly the year's best side. They will need a couple of talls to help progress into Div 2, but the core of the midfield and mid sized players will give them confidence heading into next year.[/QUOTe

i think resa will not only have to look at the player list but senior coaching panel as well.
as it not as if they just got beaten they got flogged in the big dance.The club has made finals under terranova but have not preformed in any final where they have been up against good sides Eg mernda 2012 Panton Hill 2013 and thomastown 2014 does resa have to go in a differant direction to achive the ultimate success it will interesting times at crispe park

Any truth to the rumour Paul Harrison to watsonia as a playing coach? Have heard from a few different people.

Good on South Morang I say, have loved getting to know Harro this year he's a cracking fella

Any news on reservoir? Are they persisting with the same coach and playing group? Is there anybody left at pascoe vale to recruit?

Any news on reservoir? Are they persisting with the same coach and playing group? Is there anybody left at pascoe vale to recruit?

Stupid call. And I hope they stick with it. Good bunch of blokes who are all RESERVOIR players. Who cares where they played last.

the resa coach has got the team to the finals three years in a row but can he get them to go all the way? just making finals is not good enough when you are reportedly paying the highest player payment bill in third div

Are south morangs recruits really good enough to make them a premiershio contender? Banyule will be the team to beat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that's the case of Parkside not leaving then that's good for the club as I'm not sure that Banyule having to travel every 2nd week wouldn't benefit them at all

If Parkside believe that joining the Amos will fix all there problems because they can't afford their player payments they might be dreaming. What happens when other clubs come knocking on their players doors offering them money? How will they recruit players going forward with less incentive? Their current committee hasn't witnessed any amateur football either.. What happens if there list becomes weaker over the off season and they continue to lose while searching for extra volunteers to fill roles during the reserves?

Just reading through here while I am at work ( bored shitless ) wanting to see where everyone is at 12 months later.

This post caught my eye, Parkside have lost players due to not being able to pay players, no doubt.
However they are playing in a Grand Final this weekend so it seems their on field issues are sorted, off the field, who knows.

It is a credit to them, getting belted last year by 100 points almost every week to winning finals and playing in the big dance. They won their preliminary final by 69 points, they must be favorites to win it.

More wins in one season then what Heidelberg West and St Marys have had combined this season. St Marys are betting placed going forward due to the juniors.

If anyone reads this from Parkside, congratulations on the season, if you guys happen to lose on Saturday consider it a win for the season. Credit to you all. Enjoy division 3.

Still stand by my argument that Heidelberg West should follow. Will be in division 3 before you know it, top two go up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back