List Mgmt. 2014 Draft + DFA Talk Part II

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Ellis is neither inside or outside. He complements the midfield in both areas, but doesn't particularly excel at either. For me, he just looks a B+ player at best.Very vanilla. Of all of our recruits, Ellis is the one who might have the better career of the 5, I feel based on potential could be the worst of them., as the others excel in various areas whilst Ellis is a jack of all trades, master of none type.

Just personal preference. I understand we like going for sure things, but Welker was as safe a pick as Ellis but has a higher ceiling and potential to be elite. Also has class too.

Now brother I fully admit I have probably only seen one game of Ellis as a junior, so I am no expert BUT I have a few mates who follow the junior comps more then the AFL season and they have huge wraps on Ellis. The reason he can have that luke warm stigma is that he is a really solid and safe pick. Everyone you speak to, they all agree he will be a 200 plus player in the AFL as he just does everything right. I have copy pasted a brief rundown of him below...

"Left-footed inside midfielder excels at clearances and is a great mark for his size. Can also provide a dangerous target up forward in the air and on the ground. Averaged 22 disposals, five clearances and four inside-50s for the Jets in the TAC Cup and 4.4 tackles a game for Vic Metro in the under-18 championships."

Now Ellis IMO is a Jackson type who actually has a lot better disposal, can hit targets by hand or foot. Loves to tackle, knows when and where to run but more importantly instinctively knows where to deliver the ball. Be that either in space in front of the play or hitting a forward on the tit. He is one paced but so was Matthew Knights. Now I know its a stretch but he reminds me a lot of a taller Knights. He creates time and space even in traffic. The best thing i like about him, is that he appears to never be rushed with his disposal even when the heat is on.

I like the kid. He will be our extractor for 10 years

Richo=Champion

Yellow and black2back 🏆🏆
May 8, 2007
Tiger Den
AFL Club
Richmond
Get Petracca
Petracca now a top pick get Weller or Ahern
Ahern to Early well we stiil get Weller
utensil
utensil
utensil
utensil at 12 is too much
Duggan is shite why are we linked to him
Ellis is shite why are we getting him I want Duggan (who was shite 4 pages ago) or Weller
I will spew if this club takes Ellis over Weller or Lavarde slips
Club ****en took Ellis over Weller and Lavarde
Ohh we got Menadue and Ellis good draft
Wow we got Speed, inside grunt and an exciting tall prospect what a ****en ripper draft have my babies FJ
haha gold!

Get Petracca
Petracca now a top pick get Weller or Ahern
Ahern to Early well we stiil get Weller
utensil
utensil
utensil
utensil at 12 is too much
Duggan is shite why are we linked to him
Ellis is shite why are we getting him I want Duggan (who was shite 4 pages ago) or Weller
I will spew if this club takes Ellis over Weller or Lavarde slips
Club ****en took Ellis over Weller and Lavarde
Ohh we got Menadue and Ellis good draft
Wow we got Speed, inside grunt and an exciting tall prospect what a ****en ripper draft have my babies FJ

hahahaha absolutely bang on

Tiger71

Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
:D sounds like me when I read one of Tiger71 's posts. Except I read his username and ignore the rest :p

OMG you hurt me with your words!

sam24.jpg

KingJ

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Tigs footy, Menadue to strike when we are in the premiership window, you beauty.

Im real excited about McKenzie, could be a serious steal if we can instill some agro into him. Imagine our forward line in 3-4 years when (if) McBean and this bloke come on, we would have a 200cm dude in mcbean who plays like a small forward, and a 200cm bloke in mckenzie who rips defenders hearts out with his strength, and then jack could play the gunston role :eek:

jizz fest

Tiger71

Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Can't complain about this draft one bit.

We need a classy midfielder and Ellis looks very classy, we need pace and we got the three quickest boys in the draft pool

McKenzie is just a bonus, he could be anything

Agree mate. We just now need to delist Newman as all 5 are going to be stuck playing in the VFL due to Newman keeping them down :rolleyes:

Im real excited about McKenzie, could be a serious steal if we can instill some agro into him. Imagine our forward line in 3-4 years when (if) McBean and this bloke come on, we would have a 200cm dude in mcbean who plays like a small forward, and a 200cm bloke in mckenzie who rips defenders hearts out with his strength, and then jack could play the gunston role :eek:

jizz fest

No room for Griff or Vickery?

No room for Griff or Vickery?

Griff hopefully, but id say that forward line is too big. Who knows i guess, neither of them could come on like we hope.

Tiger Claw

Club Legend
Nov 19, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
hmmm. About half of the posters are very happy. The other half know more than the recruiters and are getting bent out of shape. Just like every year!

P.S. ;)
I think overall BF held their s**t together really well Trade night. Other sites tended to let the scathing get the upper hand and you'd only hope that settles over the next few days because it's a poor show for players who are yet to pull on the jumper let alone develop with us over the next few years.

Great even/measured discussion here I think.

Oct 15, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fulham FC, Real Madrid
i am really happy with this draft. the first time i have been really happy with our picks for a long time.

i guess thats what happens when drafts are not completely compromised and good talent is able to get drafted to different teams, not just GWS and GC

we got a classy mid, 3 speed machines and a beast KPF. everything we needed this year we got, and in spades.

bring on Shiel and Danger next year and we are set!!

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
As with every draft and with every club, there will be booms and busts and I just hope we have more booms than busts, it's highly doubtful that all five will be guns but if we get 2/3 guns and 2/3 solid contributors then it's a win, but guess what, there are no guarantees, just crossed fingers and toes.
What is a fact though is that today's recruits are entering a far, far, far better environment at Richmond now than when Lids and Bling et al were drafted and therefore they have a much better chance of being developed into very good AFL players, plus they don't have to be rushed in before they are ready.
Time will tell, but I'm excited by the blend of skill, pace and determination shown by all these players, albeit such a small package that I've seen.
Welcome to all the new Tigers.

we got a classy mid, 3 speed machines and a beast KPF. everything we needed this year we got, and in spades.

bring on Shiel and Danger next year and we are set!!

Am I not mistaken that the beast is the fastest of the lot???

Back